Store, transport and share photos, video, music, documents, and more from computer to computer.
- Innovative sliding hook that securely attaches to keys, backpacks, and more
- Ultra-thin metallic design
- Ideal for storing, transferring, backing-up data
- Easily store, organize, and share your media
- Stream videos, photos, and music to anywhere
- High performance, low power consumption
- Superior durability
Did you notice?A sliding hook lets you safely attach the drive to your keychain or backpack.
Apple Recommends ForTransport and share all kinds of files from your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- PNY Hook Flash Drive
- Connections: USB 2.0
- Power Source: USB
- Mfr. Part Number: P-FDU8GB/APPHK-EF
- UPC or EAN No.: 751492506999
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year plus free technical support
- For Flash Media Devices, 1 megabyte = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte = 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage.
Ratings & Reviews
This is a nice flash drive
There isn't a whole lot you can say about flash drives. They are fairly basic, been around for years, and will outlast their usefu There isn't a whole lot you can say about flash drives. They are fairly basic, been around for years, and will outlast their useful storage capacity. PNY is a good company, and I have never had a problem with their flash drives.
This drive is nice because it is small in size, and fits easily onto a keychain, the keychain look in a laptop back. I suppose it's biggest pro, could also be it's biggest con, and it might be easy to loose because of it's small size if you are not careful about where you put it.
It is well constructed and durable with no plastic to break or wear. While the finish does not perfectly match the Apple Products, it still looks very much at home with a MBA or MBP.
I haven't had it long enough to give a long term review of how it will hold up over long term use, but so far I am happy with the purchase. It does exactly what I need it to do, which is clip on to a keychain where I always have it handy, and be durable enough not to break as some with the plastic keychain clips do. …
- Written by Anthony Sean D from Highlands Ranch
48 of 50 people found this useful
Great little flash drive
There's a fair amount of data I need to carry with me daily in my work. A small yet durable flash drive with reasonable storage wa There's a fair amount of data I need to carry with me daily in my work. A small yet durable flash drive with reasonable storage was what I had been looking for and the PNY Hook drive looked good. After roughly three months of daily use it has more than held-up. No problems with storing or retrieving data, music between PC's and Mac.
I love it's size, all metal housing and clip. I can see where the size might be a con for some people as it's potentially easy to loose though I imagine if it's important enough to you...you'll hang on to it. …
- Written by Eric A from Calgary
32 of 34 people found this useful
Awesome Portable Storage Device
This portable storage device is perfect for those who need something small, light, portable and guaranteed to fit into the narrowe This portable storage device is perfect for those who need something small, light, portable and guaranteed to fit into the narrowest spaces available on a computer (desktop or laptop). Sometimes the ports are very close together and most keys available today require that one of the outer keys be removed so that you can get a key in the middle. NOT THIS ONE! THIS ONE FITS INTO THE NARROWEST OF SPACES BETWEEN TWO OTHER DEVICES! It is very reliable and so far indistructable. Mine has been dropped, stepped on, rolled over by a desk chair and it is still working like the day I got it! The hook clip is very reliable. It is still as strong and reliable as it was 6 months ago. I use this key everyday. I move it from key chain to key chain etc almost daily. DEFINITELY A KEY TO PURCHASE! EXCELLENT VALUE! …
- Written by Mary N from Toronto
20 of 21 people found this useful
Impressive Drive with Flaws
I first brought the drive expecting it to function with unhinged accessibility and reliability. It was working just right fine un I first brought the drive expecting it to function with unhinged accessibility and reliability. It was working just right fine until it stopped working with no indication why. Tried to investigate on the reasons why this would happen with no success. Then spoke to fellow tech individual and revealed. The static electricity created by the metal may have caused the flash drive to be rendered inoperable from static electricity. I had high possibilities for the drive now looking for alternative. Nicely constructed Flask Drive with flaws.. …
- Written by Bernard C from Yonkers
I bought the PNY flash drive a couple of months ago, and after some weeks of flawless service, the drive just stopped being recogn I bought the PNY flash drive a couple of months ago, and after some weeks of flawless service, the drive just stopped being recognized by my computer. It no longer shows up on my desktop, and I have no trouble with any of my other flash drives, all from other manufacturers. …
- Written by Mark C from Basking Ridge
1 of 1 people found this useful
I would recommend this product to those of us who are a little rough with their stuff. I'm always on the go and flash-drive goes e I would recommend this product to those of us who are a little rough with their stuff. I'm always on the go and flash-drive goes everywhere with me, attached to my keys i've dropped my keys, thrown my keys and this usb has still kept on ticking. The way I see it, if a product is able to endure the abuses of everyday life and still works for me, it is a product of excellent workmanship and quality. …
- Written by Randy U from Bell
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is the PNY 16GB Hook Drive compatible with windows/PC
- Asked by Jan V
- Jan 15, 2013
Yes. I have one and currently using it on both my pc and Mac. It seems to work great so far
- Answered by Konner K from Hillsboro
- Apr 7, 2013
Is the PNY 16GB Hook Flash Drive compatible with newer MacBooks
- Asked by Kevin H from New Orleans
- Sep 10, 2012
Yes they are.
- Answered by Kenneth M from Lajas
- Dec 29, 2012
Is The PNY 8GB Hook Flash Drive Waterproof?
- Asked by Andrew F from New Port Richey
- Mar 20, 2012
No, the drive is not waterproof.
- Answered by Darren M from Glasgow
- May 8, 2012
What could be the reason why neither my MacBook nor my iMac does not recognize the PNY 32GB Hook Flash Drive ?
- Asked by Ricardo L from North Port
- Jan 18, 2013
Will a flash drive allow me to drag and drop files to the drive from my MacBook (like my old iOmega)?
- Asked by Audrey E. K from Sun City West
- Jan 8, 2012