OverviewStore, transport and share photos, video, music, documents, and more from computer to computer.
- Innovative sliding hook that securely attaches to keys, backpacks, and more
- Ultra-thin metallic design
- Ideal for storing, transferring, backing-up data
- Easily store, organize, and share your media
- Stream videos, photos, and music to anywhere
- High performance, low power consumption
- Superior durability
Did you notice?A sliding hook lets you safely attach the drive to your keychain or backpack.
Apple Recommends ForTransport and share all kinds of files from your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- PNY Hook Flash Drive
- Connections : USB 2
- Mfr. Part Number : P-FDU8GB/APPHK-EF
- UPC or EAN No. : 751492506999
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year plus free technical support
- For Flash Media Devices, 1 megabyte = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte = 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage.
Ratings & Reviews
This is a nice flash drive
There isn't a whole lot you can say about flash drives. They are fairly basic, been around for years, and will outlast their usefu l storage capacity. PNY is a good company, and I have never had a problem with their flash drives.
This drive is nice because it is small in size, and fits easily onto a keychain, the keychain look in a laptop back. I suppose it's biggest pro, could also be it's biggest con, and it might be easy to loose because of it's small size if you are not careful about where you put it.
It is well constructed and durable with no plastic to break or wear. While the finish does not perfectly match the Apple Products, it still looks very much at home with a MBA or MBP.
I haven't had it long enough to give a long term review of how it will hold up over long term use, but so far I am happy with the purchase. It does exactly what I need it to do, which is clip on to a keychain where I always have it handy, and be durable enough not to break as some with the plastic keychain clips do. …
- Written by Anthony Sean D from Highlands Ranch
36 of 37 people found this useful
Great little flash drive
There's a fair amount of data I need to carry with me daily in my work. A small yet durable flash drive with reasonable storage wa s what I had been looking for and the PNY Hook drive looked good. After roughly three months of daily use it has more than held-up. No problems with storing or retrieving data, music between PC's and Mac.
I love it's size, all metal housing and clip. I can see where the size might be a con for some people as it's potentially easy to loose though I imagine if it's important enough to you...you'll hang on to it. …
- Written by Eric A from Calgary
23 of 24 people found this useful
Awesome Portable Storage Device
This portable storage device is perfect for those who need something small, light, portable and guaranteed to fit into the narrowe st spaces available on a computer (desktop or laptop). Sometimes the ports are very close together and most keys available today require that one of the outer keys be removed so that you can get a key in the middle. NOT THIS ONE! THIS ONE FITS INTO THE NARROWEST OF SPACES BETWEEN TWO OTHER DEVICES! It is very reliable and so far indistructable. Mine has been dropped, stepped on, rolled over by a desk chair and it is still working like the day I got it! The hook clip is very reliable. It is still as strong and reliable as it was 6 months ago. I use this key everyday. I move it from key chain to key chain etc almost daily. DEFINITELY A KEY TO PURCHASE! EXCELLENT VALUE! …
- Written by Mary N from Toronto
8 of 8 people found this useful
Awfully slow writes.
Picked a 32 GB version in the OakBrook , IL store - It is ridiculously slow when Apple-partitioned with Mac OS Extended w/journal. Both large file copy and CCC cloning is borderline unbearable. When formatted as ExFAT, copying 4.3 GB image to it takes more than 20 minutes. CCC closen to it at 1GB/hr rate. …
- Written by Vlad D from Western Springs
1 of 2 people found this useful
Handy Flash Drive
This drive is very handy. It is smaller than many keys. I keep it on my key chain all the time. 8 gig is big enough to hold my imp ortant documents. It is also rugged. I recommend it. Oh, the latch is simple and easy to operate. Good design. …
- Written by Lee E from Terre Haute
2 of 2 people found this useful
a great usb drive
one of the best usb drives
- Written by Tommy B from Riverview
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Jan V
- Jan 15, 2013
What could be the reason why neither my MacBook nor my iMac does not recognize the PNY 32GB Hook Flash Drive ?
- Asked by Ricardo L from North Port
- Jan 18, 2013
- Asked by Kevin H from New Orleans
- Sep 10, 2012
- Asked by Andrew F from New Port Richey
- Mar 20, 2012
No, the drive is not waterproof.
- Answered by Darren M from Glasgow
- May 8, 2012
Will a flash drive allow me to drag and drop files to the drive from my MacBook (like my old iOmega)?
- Asked by Audrey E. K from Sun City West
- Jan 8, 2012