BIG JAMBOX by Jawbone is an amazing-sounding wireless speaker and speakerphone that lets you share your music anywhere. It easily delivers powerful streaming audio from your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac or other Bluetooth devices. Bring music, movies and all your mobile audio vibrantly to life.
Precision-tuned drivers and dual passive bass radiators work together to give you impressively clear, full audio at any volume. Exclusive LiveAudio technology lets you experience your music as if you're in the front row—immersing you in 3D sound.
Stream all your digital media from any Bluetooth device and control it from across the room. Or use the buttons on top of BIG JAMBOX to pause, play and skip. Thanks to a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts up to 15 hours, you can really keep the party going.
Stainless steel construction and compact size make BIG JAMBOX a perfect companion for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Take it along wherever you go.
Smart and updateable
This SmartSpeaker evolves and gets better every time you plug it in. Just sync it with Jawbone's MyTALK online platform to customize BIG JAMBOX and to download apps, software upgrades and exclusive content.
Conference on the go
There's a built-in microphone (Type 1-compliant) that lets you enjoy hands-free calls and video chats using FaceTime, Skype and more. Whether you're in a conference room or cooking in the kitchen, your conversations will come through loud, crisp and clear.
- Stream wireless stereo audio from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or other Bluetooth devices from anywhere in a room
- Share music, movies, games, and other media
- Conference on the go
- Experience shimmering highs and thumping bass wherever you go
- Download apps and software updates via Jawbone MyTALK
- Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth or auxiliary stereo jack
- Built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- About 15 hours of continuous play per charge
- Battery life displayed on iPhone
Did you notice?As an intelligent speaker system, BIG JAMBOX gets better with time. It downloads apps and free software upgrades at Jawbone MyTALK.
Apple Recommends ForStream crisp highs and powerful lows from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- BIG JAMBOX by Jawbone wireless speakers
- 60 in./1.5 m USB cable
- 36 in./0.9 m stereo cable
- AC wall charger
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Power Source: Battery Power, USB
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 3.6 in./9.3 cm
- Width: 10 in./25.4 cm
- Weight: 2.7 lb./1.23 kg
- Length: 3.1 in./8 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: JB2011-02
- UPC or EAN No.: 847912002841
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
- iPod models without Bluetooth capability can connect via the 3.5mm aux-in port. MyTALK requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
I have one of these while my husband has the Bose Soundlink. We did side-by-side comparisons, and I found the Bose to be better so I have one of these while my husband has the Bose Soundlink. We did side-by-side comparisons, and I found the Bose to be better sounding for bass-heavy music. All the really deep bass (like club music) came out slightly better in the Bose, but all the higher music (pop), podcasts and phone speakerphone sounded much clearer on my Big Jambox. I would say try to compare them based on how you want to use it, but I would say this is a fantastic choice. Plus the styling is so much better on my Jambox. I'm very happy with it. …
- Written by Amanda S from Seattle
115 of 120 people found this useful
Best Speakers Ever+Portability
I love them, better than BOSE!
- Written by Felix R from Mendon
88 of 99 people found this useful
I did research and everything seemed to have the Jambox come out on top of the Bose. My experience was very different. I found the I did research and everything seemed to have the Jambox come out on top of the Bose. My experience was very different. I found the sound to be thin and tinny, bass was marginal at best. I brought it back and got the Bose...night and day difference. The Bose sound is far superior, very full and great quality, like all the other Bose products I have. Jambox has some interesting features, but if sound quality is priority, pass on this one. …
- Written by Paul M from Brooklyn
109 of 150 people found this useful
I bought this after doing research and the only downside I found while doing this was the bass wasn't as deep as Bose or others. H I bought this after doing research and the only downside I found while doing this was the bass wasn't as deep as Bose or others. However, I bought it and the bass came out just fine. The only draw back is the price. It's a tad high, but for the most part worth it. I recommend this to anyone looking for a nice, stylish speaker. …
- Written by madison C from allen
12 of 13 people found this useful
WOW! i love my Jambox!
I take this thing everywhere! It is unreal! no one thinks that this little speaker can produce this sound! I have had the bose sou I take this thing everywhere! It is unreal! no one thinks that this little speaker can produce this sound! I have had the bose sound link and i think the big jambox is more portable and overall a better buy! I recommend this to anyone looking to have a good time! Great for parties! …
- Written by Len M from Omaha
7 of 10 people found this useful
Disappointing Wilted and Weak
I got this based on the recommendation of a sales person at the Apple store (previously had a Bose Sound Dock which I loved but th I got this based on the recommendation of a sales person at the Apple store (previously had a Bose Sound Dock which I loved but thought I might try a new brand). The sound was so underwhelming I was shocked. I have heard better from cheap portable speakers. I look for crisp highs and strong lows, but instead got wilted and weak. Tried many styles of music at many volumes and could not find anything this product does well. It is also temperamental when pairing with players. Returned to Apple. …
- Written by BETH R from Brooklyn
10 of 14 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
if I buy the Jambox through apple, will it work with ANY android phone or just the IPHONE?
- Asked by Patricia B from Glen Ellyn
- May 1, 2013
It should, depending on whether or not your device has Bluetooth or a headphone jack. It will work w It should, depending on whether or not your device has Bluetooth or a headphone jack. It will work with any device that sends audio out over Bluetooth or using a headphone jack. …
- Answered by Carl C from Ouje-bougoumou
- May 29, 2013
Will the Big Jambox wall charger also charge the small Jambox?
- Asked by Jenni S from Redondo Beach
- Feb 10, 2014
Can I use two Big Jambox speaker at the same time?
- Asked by Stephane P from Shefford
- Jul 3, 2012
You can in a workaround. By using AirPlay and 2 Airport Express for example. You can connect 2 Big J You can in a workaround. By using AirPlay and 2 Airport Express for example. You can connect 2 Big Jambox's to 2 AirPort Express via aux in cable. Then play iTunes thru airplay for example. Not as convenient and more expensive than having multi speaker bluetooth but it works. …
- Answered by Robert S from San Francisco
- Aug 24, 2012
I travel a lot. How rugged is it? Is there a protective case?
- Asked by Roberta B from Winnipeg
- Aug 21, 2012
Not really rugged. The case is sold separately. Bringing along for travel... Just almost like a shoe Not really rugged. The case is sold separately. Bringing along for travel... Just almost like a shoe size.. If you could compromise that.. Is a great companion. …
- Answered by Poh J
- Aug 26, 2012
Does anyone know the speakers total watts? How loud can this speaker get?
- Asked by Craig B from Lower Branch
- Mar 21, 2013
The big jambox have total output of 36 watts
- Answered by Ariel M
- Oct 11, 2013
Can i recharge the battery via USB port? I am thinking of putting it in my car, which can only recharge via USB.
- Asked by Junping L from Campsie
- May 28, 2013
No. The USB port on this is for connecting it to your computer to update it, not to charge it. There No. The USB port on this is for connecting it to your computer to update it, not to charge it. There is a separate port for charging. The small Jambox uses the micro USB port for charging and connecting to the computer, so if that's what you want to use it for, look at the smaller one. …
- Answered by Jenna M from Portland
- Aug 31, 2013