The B&O PLAY Beolit 12 speaker system is designed for use with your iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod touch and other audio devices. In addition to impressive portable sound, it provides a natural resting place for charging your iPhone or iPod touch. You can even use multiple Beolit 12 units to create a superior multi-room sound system.
- Simple four-button user interface: Volume up and down, Network on/off, product on/off
- Built-in power supply and rechargeable battery
- Battery playtime: Up to 8 hours wired or 4 hours via AirPlay
- Compatible with Bang & Olufsen BeoPlayer App
- Software upgradeable via web interface
- Compatible with all Bang & Olufsen remotes
Did you notice?The dedicated Beolit Setup app (available from the App Store in iTunes) lets you set up your Beolit 12 directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Apple Recommends ForA portable speaker that lets you share superb audio from your iPhone or iPod touch wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- B&O PLAY Beolit 12 speaker system
- Quick start guide and user's guide
- Power cord
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: 120W digital Class D amplifier, two 2-inch tweeters, and one 4-inch woofer
- Power: 100-240V
- Power Source: AC, Battery Power, USB
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.48 in./18.8 cm
- Width: 5.31 in./13.3 cm
- Weight: 5.95 lb./2.8 kg
- Length: 9.05 in./23.0 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 1290953
- UPC or EAN No.: 5705260039849
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years*
- *When you register your B&O PLAY product at www.beoplay.com/register, you'll receive an automatic one-year warranty extension to your standard two-year warranty.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Small Box with Big Tower Sound
I actually bought all 3 - Big Jambox, Bose Soundlink, and Beolit 12 then test them out for several days. I ended up returned the B I actually bought all 3 - Big Jambox, Bose Soundlink, and Beolit 12 then test them out for several days. I ended up returned the Bose and Jambox. Beolit is by far the best quality among all 3... I mean by FAR. This little box can match up with any low/mid range book shelf speaker. Very nice high, mid and bass. Bose has some wave bass but blurry mid and high while Jambox has good mid and high but lack of bass. Also, when you crank up the volume, bose and jambox started to distort but Beolit remain good. If quality is all your care and able to afford additional bucks, BEOLIT is the one. If price drops to $599, i will give 5 stars …
- Written by Sau T from Monterey Park
157 of 169 people found this useful
AirPlay Not Ready From Apple But Great Quality From B&O
Not ready for AirPlay from an iPod touch or iPhone 4S; Sporadic connection and rather disappointing performance, to say the least. Not ready for AirPlay from an iPod touch or iPhone 4S; Sporadic connection and rather disappointing performance, to say the least. Although, the direct hardwire option sounds good from such a small and portable package. …
- Written by Richard K from New York
189 of 251 people found this useful
WOW the BEST!
The best sound from small form factor.
The connection is not so simple, but easy enough to do it.
Quick guide was enough to set The best sound from small form factor.
The connection is not so simple, but easy enough to do it.
Quick guide was enough to set it up.
Connection app was simple enough to do it.
Pricy, but if you want portability, style, SOUND QUALITY, then go for it. …
- Written by Hyuk J J from San Diego
102 of 111 people found this useful
I can't recommend this enough!! We would never normally pay out this kind of money but had an insurance cheque for Bang & Olufsen I can't recommend this enough!! We would never normally pay out this kind of money but had an insurance cheque for Bang & Olufsen and this made up the numbers. I am soooo glad we bought it… the sound quality is amazing… and sooo loud for such a little box. We've used it for many parties and even a wedding reception… bbqs… its just brilliant and I can't recommend it enough. I usually use the jack for my iPhone as it preserves the battery and this works just fine for me. We have on occasion used airplay from my mac and this has been just great too. Beautiful looking speaker, with amazing sound quality!! Highly recommended …
- Written by Lisa M from Milton Keynes
After nearly 2 years of experience - DON'T BUY
Do I like the audio quality of the Beolit 12 - YES, but that is where my happiness with this device ends. While I never had an is Do I like the audio quality of the Beolit 12 - YES, but that is where my happiness with this device ends. While I never had an issue with AirPlay, after the company provided the 1st software update the Beolit 12 began dropping constantly. I have and have always had the latest AirPort Extreme (keep the software updated), and have never had a single issue with any of the other AirPlay devices on my network. Here are some of the many things I have experienced with this device:
- Inconsistent connection strength. Mind you the Beolit 12 sits all of 20 ft from my AirPort Extreme (on the opposite wall in an open room), yet the signal strength of the Beolit will range from excellent to poor. There is no rhyme of reason why the difference, but B&O has acknowledged that its software is "buggy", which leads me to the next item.
- B&O has done a poor job providing updates for the product. The most recent update is from 2012. So I am trying to understand how a company that supposedly prides itself on quality, can acknowledge that the current release of its software has issues yet not provide an update for more than 2 years. The "current" software is version 1.02.12 with a March 26, 2012 release date. To me the lack of software updates demonstrated B&O's [lack of] commitment to quality, reputation and this product. Mind you, I have owned and currently own other B&O products, and more and more I believe the company's view is to develop products that are purely visually pleasing but are technologically inferior. This is not to say B&O speaker products do not sound fine, but hifi they are not. Sadly, B&O is now the one company that actually makes Bose seem like a bargain (when considering quality and price point) .
- About 1 year into owning my unit the battery stopped holding a charge. B&O would not replace the unit but did offer to have me send it in for repairs - at my own expense. I have since used the product only when plugged in.
Would I even consider buying this product again - doubtful, or at least not until some major changes are made. First I would suggest dumping AirPlay as it adds significant expense to the product. Bluetooth would be a reliable and less costly wireless connection method. Secondly, I would want to see B&O actually support its products better (or at least this one) by providing periodic updates (especially when the company knows its current software release has issues).
The PROS of the Beolit 12 are: it is visually appealing (thought the leather strap looks a bit cheap in person relative to the pictures); and it sounds good.
The CONS of the Beolit 12 are: spotty AirPlay connectivity; battery issues; poor product support; and WAY overpriced given the quality. …
- Written by Justin M from Whitehouse Station
Amazing, Works great, also with airplay
If your Beolit 12 doesn't work well with your airplay it's because you have a s*****, and/or outdated router, buy a new one ! This If your Beolit 12 doesn't work well with your airplay it's because you have a s*****, and/or outdated router, buy a new one ! This device works great. It sounds incredible, it looks amazing and it feels great. I only use it with AirPlay and it plays very smooth. Also the setup was so easy and simple with the beo setup app. Couldn't ask for a better experience. Worth every penny and with the new price drop it's even more amazing ! Recommend it to everyone who cares about sound, quality and design ! …
- Written by Troels S from rødovre
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can it connect to the new airport time capsule which is using 802.11ac wifi?
- Asked by Lennox L
- Sep 24, 2014
When will this unit be in stock on the Apple store online?
- Asked by James O
- Sep 1, 2014
Can I use it for listening to my tv. my tv has no wi fi?
- Asked by Wei X from Plymouth
- Apr 30, 2012
Yes- it has a small (earphone style) auxiliary jack, but you'll need to supply your own cable.
- Answered by Gene Y from Nahant
- May 28, 2012
Can I leave the beolit 12 plugged in all the time? Would it harm the battery?
- Asked by Arcot P from Paradise Valley
- Jul 19, 2014
Yes you can leave it on it won't harm or damage the battery. B&O knows what they are doing and have Yes you can leave it on it won't harm or damage the battery. B&O knows what they are doing and have implemented a very well working battery handling so it's made to be left in all the time. I've done so for two years now and when I take it of the battery still gives me 8hours of music (with cable) …
- Answered by Troels S
- Sep 10, 2014
can i connect to beolit 12 from my macbook air wirelessly? also can i connect it to apple tv?
- Asked by Steffen H
- Jun 5, 2012
yes, you can connect beolit 12 to MacBooks wirelessly. just turn on the airplay in iTunes or choose yes, you can connect beolit 12 to MacBooks wirelessly. just turn on the airplay in iTunes or choose beolit 12 as sound output from speaker icon in the mac os bar at the top (beside the wireless icon) …
- Answered by Ronald C
- Feb 17, 2014
I have a big jambox and that unit has amazing sound and it is VEARY loud. Is the beo lit 12 as loud ?
- Asked by Courtnay P from Winnsboro
- Jun 5, 2013
Yes, it is VERY loud and accurate. I don't own a "jam box" so, I cannot compare, but I can assure yo Yes, it is VERY loud and accurate. I don't own a "jam box" so, I cannot compare, but I can assure you that this speaker gets loud. …
- Answered by Joseph D from Chapel Hill
- Nov 7, 2013