HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer
HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer
HP's LaserJet Pro M1536dnf gives you the range of functions you need to stay productive. Print at up to 26 ppm* and get a first page out in as few as 8.5 seconds. Share printing resources with your workgroup via an Ethernet connection.
Tackle multiple-page documents and two-sided prints with the 35-page automatic document feeder. You can also fax directly to and from your Mac—and control fax access with assigned PINs. Handle multiple media sizes and types with a 10-sheet priority tray and the 250-sheet paper tray. Simplify printing tasks with an intuitive control panel and LCD. You can even produce one-sided copies of two-sided IDs.
Print great documents with bold text and sharp images, using Original HP LaserJet print cartridges. And get even better quality with HP FastRes 1200.
- Do more with a fast multifunction printer and two-sided printing
- Create high-quality documents in multiple sizes
- Handle multiple media sizes and types with a 10-sheet priority tray and a 250-sheet paper tray
- Streamline workflow with an intuitive control panel and LCD
- Produce one-sided copies of two-sided IDs
- Minimize your environmental impact with two-sided printing and instant-on technology
Did you notice?Fax directly to and from your Mac, and control fax access with assigned PINs.
Apple Recommends ForFast, efficient two-sided printing, as well as copying, scanning, and faxing shared among your Mac workgroup.
What's in the Box?
- HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf multifunction printer
- HP LaserJet introductory black print cartridge
- Control panel overlay, ADF input support
- CDs containing device software and electronic user's guide, getting started guide, support flyer
- Power cord(s), telecom cable, USB cable, fax cable, Ferrite assembly
- Connections: AirPrint , Ethernet
- Other Functions: Copy, Fax, Scanner
- Height: 14.7 in./37.34 cm
- Width: 17.4 in./44.20 cm
- Weight: 25.8 lb./11.71 kg
- Length: 13.5 in./34.29 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 26 ppm*
- Black resolution: Up to 600 by 600 by 2 dpi
- Trays: 2
- Max Paper Size: 8.5 by 14.0 in.
- Min Paper Size: 3.0 by 5.0 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: 1
- Printer Technology: Laser
- Scanner resolution: Enhanced: Up to 19,200 dpi; hardware: Up to 1200 by 1200 dpi; optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel Core processor
- 300MB free hard-drive space
- 256MB of RAM
- CD/DVD-ROM drive
- Windows 7/Vista
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2GB free hard-drive space
- 1GB of RAM
- CD/DVD-ROM drive
- Mfr. Part Number: CE538A#BGJ
- UPC or EAN No.: 885631273562
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
- *Print speeds vary with usage.
Ratings & Reviews
Apple needs to remove this printer from recommended list!
Just bought this printer after looking at the list of printers Apple has on its web page, touting its to be useful with airplay! W Just bought this printer after looking at the list of printers Apple has on its web page, touting its to be useful with airplay! While you maybe able to use airplay with 10.6 I think of its usefulness to be 10.7 and Lion compatible, this printer is not. To apple's credit it does print that its only listed to work with 10.6 OS.
Lion is not brand new, just released or bleeding edge software but in many cases it does seem that the players and hardware has not caught up to Lion.
I believe that apple should not have a printer on its front page of recommendation of printers for one that does not work with its grand dame OS Lion. HP needs to get update or Apple should rethink this printer in its store. …
- Written by John A from Duxbury
622 of 688 people found this useful
NOT AirPrint compatible if your Mac system is up to date!!!
I agree, it is a very nice printer. But to use AirPrint, it "requires" a firmware update. I downloaded the update on my MacBook Pr I agree, it is a very nice printer. But to use AirPrint, it "requires" a firmware update. I downloaded the update on my MacBook Pro (Lion) and made numerous attempts. Crash, crash, crash. It will not run it. I searched HP's support site and found other people making the same comment about trying to update the firmware running Lion. This is crazy. HP is asleep at the wheel. …
- Written by Thomas R from San Francisco
503 of 541 people found this useful
HP LJ 1536dnf MFP
Very nice printer, easy to set up although HP could do a better job on their end with instructions. The cd's the printer comes wi Very nice printer, easy to set up although HP could do a better job on their end with instructions. The cd's the printer comes with is not compatible with Lion OS. Not a problem went straight to HP and downloaded updated version-set up easy. Everything worked great no problems printing from iPhone 4S, iPad2. Nice printer! Look around good sales paid less than $210.00. Hope this helps. …
- Written by Alexis B from MIAMI
348 of 368 people found this useful
AirPrint after firmware update works like a charm!
AirPrint after setting this HP printer worked like a charm! Set up via an ethernet cable into an Apple Airport, firmware update AirPrint after setting this HP printer worked like a charm! Set up via an ethernet cable into an Apple Airport, firmware update the HP and it will print from your Apple network devices. (recommend setting this up via HP's support website, for the latest software to run on 10.8 OS. …
- Written by Frederic R from Lake Mills
16 of 16 people found this useful
Great Scanner/Fax/Copier and Printer with regularly updated drivers.
I discovered this printer by pleasant surprise while installing a full office of iMac's 2 years ago. Most desks either received t I discovered this printer by pleasant surprise while installing a full office of iMac's 2 years ago. Most desks either received their own printer or between a pair of users in sharing the same offices. They were instantly seen by the iMac's and worked over the network for faxing, scanning and printing. Shortly afterwards, I purchased one for my own home office. The drivers do get updated which is good and bad, good in that they work, and bad in that the interface can change on you. I usually just delete the printers and let my mac find it again if it's changed on me. One downside is if you need to print much, the toner only lasts for about 4 to 5 reams of paper. For me, it works because I just don't print much, mainly use it as a copier, scanner and occasional fax and small print jobs. …
- Written by Jeffrey C from Port Townsend
30 of 32 people found this useful
Poor Number of Copies per Cartridge
My biggest complaint about this device is the number of copies per toner cartridge. It is way too costly to operate. I used to o My biggest complaint about this device is the number of copies per toner cartridge. It is way too costly to operate. I used to own a much cheaper Brother printer that produced way more copies/pages per toner cartridge. I just bought another Brother printer and will be gifting this one to charity (although, I feel guilty passing along this toner hog to anyone!). …
- Written by NOEL B from Morgantown
90 of 104 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this printer run with OSX 10.9.1?
- Asked by Gabriel B from Sherbrooke
- Mar 5, 2014
No answers yet
is this printer compatible with iPad2
- Asked by William B from Richmond
- Dec 15, 2011
Yes. You can send a print job to the printer using either the Apple AirPrint or Epson's iPrint app. Yes. You can send a print job to the printer using either the Apple AirPrint or Epson's iPrint app. The iPrint app is available at the App Store for free. It allows you to print from your stored photos and documents both on the phone and in the air like Dropbox, Evernote, etc. It even lets you scan, and that's all wireless. …
- Answered by Junerey B from Pasig City
- Apr 17, 2012
Can I use this printer with Mac 10.5.8?
- Asked by Ann S from Los Angeles
- Sep 14, 2012
I have the same set-up (G5-Power PC, OS 10.5.8) and just bought this printer. It indeed does work wi I have the same set-up (G5-Power PC, OS 10.5.8) and just bought this printer. It indeed does work without any issues so far. …
- Answered by Cheaa M from Roswell
- Feb 5, 2013
Does the printer print wirelessly? Which ones do?
- Asked by Donald N from Dallas
- Dec 3, 2012
All printers on Apple's website are airprint enabled, and also you can print wirelessly from a compu All printers on Apple's website are airprint enabled, and also you can print wirelessly from a computer in your network. …
- Answered by Omer S from Franklin
- Oct 17, 2013
Does printer need to be connected to a desktop?
- Asked by Christopher C from Haines City
- Mar 3, 2013
Does it print in color?
- Asked by Nicolas S from North Bay Village
- Sep 30, 2012
According to the specs, no. It is monochromatic.
- Answered by Daniel D from Winchester
- Oct 19, 2012