The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium makes it all easy. Print from a variety of mobile devices on the go; HP ePrint lets you print from practically anywhere. Use the intuitive touchscreen to access business apps, plus quickly print and store files. Or view and print photos from a USB drive or memory cards. And it's easy to stay connected thanks to a choice of USB, Wi-Fi 802.1b/g/n, and Ethernet connectivity.
- Professional color for up to 50-percent lower cost per page than lasers
- Print, copy, scan, and fax
- Efficient web connectivity—even print on the go with HP ePrint
- Standout versatility with copy and scan solutions
- Convenient connectivity via wireless or wired Ethernet
- Automatic two-sided printing
- Dependable 25,000-page monthly duty cycle
- Exceptional energy and resource savings
Did you notice?Professional color for up to 50-percent lower cost per page than with laser printers.
Apple Recommends ForHandle all your business printing, copying, and faxing needs with this HP all-in-one and your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One printer
- Automatic two-sided printing accessory
- Four setup ink cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Power cord and phone cord
- Setup poster, getting started guide, and CD-ROMs (for software, Mac and Windows printer drivers, and user's guide)
- Connections: Ethernet, USB 2.0, Wireless, AirPrint
- Memory Cards: MagicGate Memory Stick Duo, MicroSD, MiniSD, RS-MMC, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick
- Other Functions: Fax, Scanner, Copy
- Height: 12.4 in./31.5 cm
- Width: 19.4 in./49.28 cm
- Weight: 27.83 lb./12.62 kg
- Length: 16.3 in./41.4 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 20 ISO ppm*
- Black resolution: Up to 1200 by 600 dpi
- Color print speed: Up to 16 ISO ppm*
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi on HP Advanced Photo paper, 1200 by 1200 input dpi
- Trays: 250-sheet input tray, secondary 250-sheet input tray, 150-sheet output tray
- Max Paper Size: Legal (8.5 by 14 in.)
- Min Paper Size: 3 by 5 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Duplex Printing, Automatic Document Feeder
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: 4
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: Up to 4800 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel Core processor
- 300MB of free hard-drive space
- 256MB of RAM
- Available USB port
- Windows 7
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2GB of free hard-drive space
- 1GB of RAM
- Available USB port
- Mfr. Part Number: CN577A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886111615582
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited for hardware, plus 24-hour, 7 days a week web support, and business hour phone support within warranty period
- *Print speeds vary with usage.
Ratings & Reviews
This is the BEST printer I have ever owned. Set up was super easy, scanning ability is efficient, and easy. Color is great. The This is the BEST printer I have ever owned. Set up was super easy, scanning ability is efficient, and easy. Color is great. The only issue is that it tends to be on the slow side. …
- Written by Holly F from Alamo
192 of 210 people found this useful
DO NOT BUY - 'PREMIUM' MY EYE
Lots of 'features', too bad 'print' feature doesn't work that well (both in frequency and consistency)
Scenario 1 - you need to Lots of 'features', too bad 'print' feature doesn't work that well (both in frequency and consistency)
Scenario 1 - you need to print something fast. Click print AND the HP printer decides it needs to clean the ink jets. You get the lovely message 'This may take a few minutes'. There is no way to cancel. Turn machine off and on and it will start all over again. HP support will tell you that you're not using the printer enough. There's a reason for that, see scenario 2...
Scenario 2 - and this is a frequent one - You click on print and NOTHING happens. The printer icon will say the printer is 'idle'. Yet nothing has been or is in the process of being printed.
Scenario 3 - You've done nothing to your printer. It's directly connected to your iMac. It's not on a network. Yet, every now and again (the machine likes to mix it up with scenario 2) your printer icon will inform you that the printer is not connected. Mind you the printer is HARD WIRED connected to my iMac. NO loose connections here just a loose connection in that HP thinks it sells printers that work with iMacs. …
- Written by Mary O from Homestead
156 of 202 people found this useful
Everything about this printer is great! I've owned mine for over 6 months now and have not had any problems. I use it with my Macb Everything about this printer is great! I've owned mine for over 6 months now and have not had any problems. I use it with my Macbook Pro, my IPhone, and my IPad. It is accessed wirelessly. I like the fact that you can buy the cartridges individually as needed. Highly recommended!!!!! …
- Written by C H from VIRGINIA BEACH
121 of 138 people found this useful
Great Printer! Great Connectivity.
Flawless setup on our macs at home. The scanning features, AirPrint, and everyday printing is just amazingly simple and works per Flawless setup on our macs at home. The scanning features, AirPrint, and everyday printing is just amazingly simple and works perfectly. Never an issue connecting wirelessly. Great AppStore support for iDevice apps. …
- Written by Kevin K from West Dundee
1 of 1 people found this useful
Doesn't work as advertised
I have a need to print cardstock (65 & 90 lb) The spec, salesman and HP's site all say that this is possible on this printer. It i I have a need to print cardstock (65 & 90 lb) The spec, salesman and HP's site all say that this is possible on this printer. It is NOT.
I purchased this printer, tried to print cardstock jams EVERY time. Spent 2 hours on the phone with HP support, they told me to clean the rollers (on a new printer) which I did. They told me to re-install the drivers from scratch, I did. They told me to try different paper, I did. Finally they said that there are problems with the driver, here, try this NEW one (after 60 minutes installing the OLD one). I got to a point where they had no more suggestions and simply told me to return the printer which I did.
The new one has the SAME issue. I dutifully performed all the steps that I had with the previous printer. STILL doesn't accept cardstock.
I had the same problem with an older model that was supposed to print cardstock. I thought buying a new one would be the answer, it was not. Never again will I purchase an HP printer, they simply don't work as advertised. …
- Written by Jeff H from Las Vegas
2 of 2 people found this useful
Slow and colour is "muddy"
We purchased this printer after being told it was a cheaper alternative to replacing a colour laser. It is definitely not. It is We purchased this printer after being told it was a cheaper alternative to replacing a colour laser. It is definitely not. It is slow and the colour printing is nowhere near the quality we had expected. We have an 8 year old Canon that does a better job for colour brochures etc. The fax and scanning features seem to work well though. …
- Written by Curtis S from Edmonton
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
This may be a silly question. But if it sends out faxes can it also receive faxes?
- Asked by Cindy G from San Jose
- Jun 25, 2012
Yes. A fax can both send and receive faxes as long as it has a supply of paper to print on.
- Answered by Cinde H from Honolulu
- Aug 21, 2013
Does this printer work with the new iMac
- Asked by Diana S from Barstow
- Feb 8, 2013
YES via your wifi connection or USB.
- Answered by Julian P from Zionsville
- Jun 5, 2013
Will this work for OS X Version 10.8.5 or the new OS X Mavericks Operating Software
- Asked by Rhodri L from Corona
- Oct 25, 2013
Is this printer compatible with Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Kevin N from Aubrey
- Aug 16, 2012
YES. But you need to load the new drivers from the HP website. Drivers change all the time and you YES. But you need to load the new drivers from the HP website. Drivers change all the time and you can't expect the latest drivers to be on the CD. …
- Answered by Julian P from Zionsville
- Jun 5, 2013
Can this printer fax and can you plug a regular phone line as well
- Asked by Matthew D from Prospect Park
- Dec 8, 2012
Yes, no problems! Very nice fax feature! Lets you know when any phone in the house or this phone Yes, no problems! Very nice fax feature! Lets you know when any phone in the house or this phone is off hook in use. Lets you know when call is coming in and allows you to accept for fax. I love this machine! It has its own email addy for remote printing. Very smart machine. …
- Answered by Delton T from Katy
- Dec 31, 2012