The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium makes it all easy. Print from a variety of mobile devices on the go; HP ePrint lets you print from practically anywhere. Use the intuitive touchscreen to access business apps, plus quickly print and store files. Or view and print photos from a USB drive or memory cards. And it's easy to stay connected thanks to a choice of USB, Wi-Fi 802.1b/g/n, and Ethernet connectivity.
- Professional color for up to 50-percent lower cost per page than lasers
- Print, copy, scan, and fax
- Efficient web connectivity—even print on the go with HP ePrint
- Standout versatility with copy and scan solutions
- Convenient connectivity via wireless or wired Ethernet
- Automatic two-sided printing
- Dependable 25,000-page monthly duty cycle
- Exceptional energy and resource savings
Did you notice?Professional color for up to 50-percent lower cost per page than with laser printers.
Apple Recommends ForHandle all your business printing, copying, and faxing needs with this HP all-in-one and your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One printer
- Automatic two-sided printing accessory
- Four setup ink cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Power cord and phone cord
- Setup poster, getting started guide, and CD-ROMs (for software, Mac and Windows printer drivers, and user's guide)
- Connections: Ethernet,USB 2.0,Wireless,AirPrint
- Memory Cards: MagicGate Memory Stick Duo,MicroSD,MiniSD,RS-MMC,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card,Memory Stick Pro,Memory Stick Duo,Memory Stick
- Other Functions: Fax,Scanner,Copy
- Height: 12.4 in./31.5 cm
- Width: 19.4 in./49.28 cm
- Weight: 27.83 lb./12.62 kg
- Length: 16.3 in./41.4 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 20 ISO ppm*
- Black resolution: Up to 1200 by 600 dpi
- Color print speed: Up to 16 ISO ppm*
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi on HP Advanced Photo paper, 1200 by 1200 input dpi
- Trays: 250-sheet input tray, secondary 250-sheet input tray, 150-sheet output tray
- Max Paper Size: Legal (8.5 by 14 in.)
- Min Paper Size: 3 by 5 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Duplex Printing,Automatic Document Feeder
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing,Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: 4
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: Up to 4800 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel Core processor
- 300MB of free hard-drive space
- 256MB of RAM
- Available USB port
- Windows 7
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2GB of free hard-drive space
- 1GB of RAM
- Available USB port
- Mfr. Part Number: CN577A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886111615582
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited for hardware, plus 24-hour, 7 days a week web support, and business hour phone support within warranty period
- *Print speeds vary with usage.
Ratings & Reviews
This is the BEST printer I have ever owned. Set up was super easy, scanning ability is efficient, and easy. Color is great. The This is the BEST printer I have ever owned. Set up was super easy, scanning ability is efficient, and easy. Color is great. The only issue is that it tends to be on the slow side. …
- Written by Holly F from Alamo
176 of 194 people found this useful
DO NOT BUY - 'PREMIUM' MY EYE
Lots of 'features', too bad 'print' feature doesn't work that well (both in frequency and consistency)
Scenario 1 - you need to Lots of 'features', too bad 'print' feature doesn't work that well (both in frequency and consistency)
Scenario 1 - you need to print something fast. Click print AND the HP printer decides it needs to clean the ink jets. You get the lovely message 'This may take a few minutes'. There is no way to cancel. Turn machine off and on and it will start all over again. HP support will tell you that you're not using the printer enough. There's a reason for that, see scenario 2...
Scenario 2 - and this is a frequent one - You click on print and NOTHING happens. The printer icon will say the printer is 'idle'. Yet nothing has been or is in the process of being printed.
Scenario 3 - You've done nothing to your printer. It's directly connected to your iMac. It's not on a network. Yet, every now and again (the machine likes to mix it up with scenario 2) your printer icon will inform you that the printer is not connected. Mind you the printer is HARD WIRED connected to my iMac. NO loose connections here just a loose connection in that HP thinks it sells printers that work with iMacs. …
- Written by Mary O from Homestead
140 of 177 people found this useful
Everything about this printer is great! I've owned mine for over 6 months now and have not had any problems. I use it with my Macb Everything about this printer is great! I've owned mine for over 6 months now and have not had any problems. I use it with my Macbook Pro, my IPhone, and my IPad. It is accessed wirelessly. I like the fact that you can buy the cartridges individually as needed. Highly recommended!!!!! …
- Written by C H from VIRGINIA BEACH
103 of 119 people found this useful
I just got this printer in November and it was so easy to set up, I print and scan a lot and I have not had any problems. To bad n I just got this printer in November and it was so easy to set up, I print and scan a lot and I have not had any problems. To bad not everyone has had the same experiance …
- Written by Roberto G from la habra heights
9 of 10 people found this useful
Not Worth It
Hp products are not overly compatible with Macs. Not to mention the poor service and short life span of the products. I am not l Hp products are not overly compatible with Macs. Not to mention the poor service and short life span of the products. I am not looking to replace my all in one. I have hardly used it but it goes through so much ink because it is always cleaning the printheads. It also likes to disconnect itself from the computer. …
- Written by Su A from CALGARY
15 of 17 people found this useful
Works fine for me
I have used this printer for over a year now, on my Time Machine network. It works fine for printing, scanning, and copying. Pri I have used this printer for over a year now, on my Time Machine network. It works fine for printing, scanning, and copying. Print from iMac or iPad. Double-sided regular paper, single-sided card stock, photo paper. Easy install. Expensive cartridges, but seem to last longer. …
- Written by Thomas C from Cool
11 of 14 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this printer work for notary work where it can use both trays in a single print job?
- Asked by Tim W from Laguna Beach
- Mar 31, 2013
No answers yet
Yes it does. I have tried the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2 with no hiccups!
- Answered by Anders H from Waterloo
- Jun 24, 2012
This may be a silly question. But if it sends out faxes can it also receive faxes?
- Asked by Cindy G from San Jose
- Jun 25, 2012
Can this printer fax and can you plug a regular phone line as well
- Asked by Matthew D from Prospect Park
- Dec 8, 2012
Yes, no problems! Very nice fax feature! Lets you know when any phone in the house or this phone Yes, no problems! Very nice fax feature! Lets you know when any phone in the house or this phone is off hook in use. Lets you know when call is coming in and allows you to accept for fax. I love this machine! It has its own email addy for remote printing. Very smart machine. …
- Answered by Delton T from Katy
- Dec 31, 2012