The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus helps you print professional color for up to 50% lower cost per page than with laser printers, while also providing better value for frequent printing. Achieve ISO print speeds up to 20 ppm* black and 16 ppm color* using affordable, individual inks.
Reliable and flexible
A 25,000-page monthly duty cycle means you can depend on this printer for reliable color printing. And with HP ePrint—now you can print from virtually anywhere. Simply send files to the printer via email. You can also print using a USB, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Professional color for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers
- Efficient web connectivity—even print on the go using HP's ePrint
- Up to 20 ppm* black or 16 ppm* color (ISO)
- 4.3-inch CGD (color graphics) touchscreen
- 50-page automatic document feeder
- Standout versatility with copy and scan solutions
Did you notice?Get exceptional energy and resource savings thanks to duplex printing and ENERGY STAR qualification.
Apple Recommends ForProfessional-quality color printing from your Mac at a significantly lower cost than laser printers.
What's in the Box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One
- Automatic two-sided printing accessory
- Five setup cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow); approx. 700 pages composite yield
- Power cord and phone cord
- Setup poster, Getting Started Guide, and CD-ROMs
- Display Size: 4.3 in.
- Connections: AirPrint , Ethernet, USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: MagicGate Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MiniSD, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), RS-MMC, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 12.40 in./31.50 cm
- Width: 19.40 in./49.28 cm
- Weight: 27.83 lb./12.62 kg
- Length: 16.30 in./41.40 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 20 ISO ppm*
- Black resolution: Up to 1200 by 600 dpi
- Color print speed: Up to 16 ISO ppm*
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi on HP Advanced Photo paper, 1200 by 1200 input dpi
- Trays: 2
- Max Paper Size: Legal (8.5 by 14 in.)
- Min Paper Size: 3 by 5 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: 4
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: Up to 4800 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor
- 300MB free hard-drive space
- 256MB of RAM
- Available USB port
- Windows 7/Vista
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2GB free hard-drive space
- 1GB of RAM
- Available USB port
- Mfr. Part Number: CM750A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886111607327
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week web support; business hour phone support within warranty period
- *Print speeds may vary based on usage.
Ratings & Reviews
Does it all... Does it all pretty well, A+ HP
This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our fami This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our family of 6 with 3 soon to be 4 school age children. It prints pics beautifully, and documents quickly - LOVE the duplex option, that really saves on paper. The paper tray holds half a ream of paper, and the biggest plus is the cartridges - they cost around $10 more per pack than cartridges for other printers, however they print almost 3x the number of sheets, making for very cost effective printing. Scanning, emailing, and faxing options are plentiful and easy to use. Configuration was truly automated so setup was a snap and the software is very versatile and easy to use. Of course the added bonus was AirPrint - which has come in very handy in a household with 2 MacBooks, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, and 2 iPod Touch's. You won't be disappointed with this printer, and if it's as durable as our last HP it'll be trusty for many years to come. We've been using it for about three months at the time of this review. …
- Written by Stacy P from Bremerton
224 of 240 people found this useful
The best Inkjet I've ever owned.
This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/ This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/from email, etc. over the internet, AirPrint/e-print does it all. Scanner and Copier very fast. I have the premium, dual paper tray model. Unbelievable value, and its an office jet, so the high volume cartridges are VERY cost effective cost/page b/w and color. …
- Written by Shawn S from Houston
162 of 176 people found this useful
Just bought the printer yesterday and so far so good. My comments are about the set-up. Let me start by saying that I am NOT a " Just bought the printer yesterday and so far so good. My comments are about the set-up. Let me start by saying that I am NOT a "techie" by any stretch of the imagination and I didn't have any problems at all! I was very intimidated at first but once I unpacked everything and took a deep breath, it wasn't bad at all. Just follow the directions! It was that simple. I had to set up two MacBooks and two PC's - everybody is up and running. …
- Written by Donna P from River Vale
122 of 131 people found this useful
Connection Problems with Macs - not Mac friendly
Works flawlessly with my son's PC Windows machine.
However, for some unknown reason, it would suddenly stop printing from my Works flawlessly with my son's PC Windows machine.
However, for some unknown reason, it would suddenly stop printing from my iMac when I installed a new printer cartridge. All other functions worked (except scan to computer which never worked). Hard reboots would restore printer connections.
Now nothing works. It's only 3 months old. I run 10.9.1 on my mac laptop and 10.8.6 on my desktop iMac. Neither can print. Test prints from computers using the HP software work fine. Static IP addresses didn't work (my ISP doesn't allow static IPS anyway I found out). I have now spent many hours trying to get this printer to print. It is the worst HP printer I have used since my first one in 1990. …
- Written by Gregory R from Chicago
3 of 3 people found this useful
- Ethernet auto-negotiation with Netgear switch not working, manual config required
- DHCP with Synology Server not working, manu - Ethernet auto-negotiation with Netgear switch not working, manual config required
- DHCP with Synology Server not working, manual IP set-up required
- Scanner via LAN not working on all MacOS 10.9 machines (three), Printing unreliable
- USB connection is working, needed in parallel to LAN to use scanner, so only one of three computers can use the scanner.
- password protection of config webserver unusable
- No WPS-EAP support for WIFI
- no ntp support, time has to be changed manually twice a year.
This printer is advertised as a network printer for small workgroups and offices - it's not!
Worst network set-up for any printer I've ever encountered, took me hours to get all functions working in a LAN with three computers.
Not recommended for unexperienced users or people who have no time to waste to find workarounds for bad programming. …
- Written by Frank D from Berlin
3 of 3 people found this useful
Finnaly it works with my macbook pro OS 10.7.5
First it didn't work with my Macbook pro, but I found the solution.
1. Log in to the embedded web server (ews) on the First it didn't work with my Macbook pro, but I found the solution.
1. Log in to the embedded web server (ews) on the printer
2. Go network/advanced setting-bonjour
3. Change Bonjour Highest Priority Service from "LDP" to "9100 printing"
4. System Preference/print&scan, add the printer
5. now it's ready to use :)
To log in your printer's ews: type in your ews URL into your web browser
To find your printer's ews URL: setup/network/view network summary/view wireless
IP numer is your ews URL. …
- Written by Emi K from Austin
6 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus print card stock
- Asked by Cheryll R from Howell
- Jan 15, 2014
does the 8600 plus work with OSX 10.9.1
- Asked by John W from Winnipeg
- Dec 26, 2013
Bought my 8600 Plus Aug 2012. New iMac Jan 2014. Printer not supported on OSX 10.9.1 if you're usi Bought my 8600 Plus Aug 2012. New iMac Jan 2014. Printer not supported on OSX 10.9.1 if you're using the original printer disc. Apple care helped me get it via HP's website under HP8600 Plus e-All-in One Printer - N911g Driver. Select your OSX then select the Driver Product Installation software. It's there, but HP makes it tough to find. …
- Answered by Sandra S from Red Lion
- Feb 19, 2014
Does this printer have wireless fax or eFax capability? It says just Fax on the box but I need eFax. Thanks. Tracy
- Asked by Tracy T from Warrenton
- Apr 8, 2012
Is it capable of scanning from a book or magazine
- Asked by Elma H
- Jul 18, 2013
Yes you may put the book or mag down flat on the scanner and press scan
- Answered by Jack D from Brisbane
- Sep 22, 2013
Is this printer capable of double-sided printing?
- Asked by Aimee R from Centerville
- Feb 16, 2013
- Answered by Amy B from Bellbrook
- Apr 19, 2013