The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus helps you print professional color for up to 50% lower cost per page than with laser printers, while also providing better value for frequent printing. Achieve ISO print speeds up to 20 ppm* black and 16 ppm color* using affordable, individual inks.
Reliable and flexible
A 25,000-page monthly duty cycle means you can depend on this printer for reliable color printing. And with HP ePrint—now you can print from virtually anywhere. Simply send files to the printer via email. You can also print using a USB, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Professional color for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers
- Efficient web connectivity—even print on the go using HP's ePrint
- Up to 20 ppm* black or 16 ppm* color (ISO)
- 4.3-inch CGD (color graphics) touchscreen
- 50-page automatic document feeder
- Standout versatility with copy and scan solutions
Did you notice?Get exceptional energy and resource savings thanks to duplex printing and ENERGY STAR qualification.
Apple Recommends ForProfessional-quality color printing from your Mac at a significantly lower cost than laser printers.
What's in the Box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One
- Automatic two-sided printing accessory
- Five setup cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow); approx. 700 pages composite yield
- Power cord and phone cord
- Setup poster, Getting Started Guide, and CD-ROMs
- Color resolution : Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi on HP Advanced Photo paper, 1200 by 1200 input dpi
- Connections : AirPrint ,Ethernet,USB 2.0,Wireless
- Height : 12.40 in./31.50 cm
- Width : 19.40 in./49.28 cm
- Weight : 27.83 lb./12.62 kg
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor
- 300MB free hard-drive space
- 256MB of RAM
- Available USB port
- Windows 7/Vista
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2GB free hard-drive space
- 1GB of RAM
- Available USB port
- Mfr. Part Number : CM750A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No. : 886111607327
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week web support; business hour phone support within warranty period
- *Print speeds may vary based on usage.
Ratings & Reviews
Does it all... Does it all pretty well, A+ HP
This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our fami ly of 6 with 3 soon to be 4 school age children. It prints pics beautifully, and documents quickly - LOVE the duplex option, that really saves on paper. The paper tray holds half a ream of paper, and the biggest plus is the cartridges - they cost around $10 more per pack than cartridges for other printers, however they print almost 3x the number of sheets, making for very cost effective printing. Scanning, emailing, and faxing options are plentiful and easy to use. Configuration was truly automated so setup was a snap and the software is very versatile and easy to use. Of course the added bonus was AirPrint - which has come in very handy in a household with 2 MacBooks, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, and 2 iPod Touch's. You won't be disappointed with this printer, and if it's as durable as our last HP it'll be trusty for many years to come. We've been using it for about three months at the time of this review. …
- Written by Stacy P from Bremerton
175 of 186 people found this useful
The best Inkjet I've ever owned.
This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/ from email, etc. over the internet, AirPrint/e-print does it all. Scanner and Copier very fast. I have the premium, dual paper tray model. Unbelievable value, and its an office jet, so the high volume cartridges are VERY cost effective cost/page b/w and color. …
- Written by Shawn S from Houston
110 of 118 people found this useful
Just bought the printer yesterday and so far so good. My comments are about the set-up. Let me start by saying that I am NOT a " techie" by any stretch of the imagination and I didn't have any problems at all! I was very intimidated at first but once I unpacked everything and took a deep breath, it wasn't bad at all. Just follow the directions! It was that simple. I had to set up two MacBooks and two PC's - everybody is up and running. …
- Written by Donna P from River Vale
84 of 87 people found this useful
Over a year and a half of use I have had a series of problems with this machine's scanning functions--first bands (eventually solv ed); fairly consistent communication problems between my MAC OSX 10.7.5 and the scanner that require annoying and continual manual resets; and now a complete failure to scan from the flatbed to the computer in color.
The problems have mounted with MAC OSX and HP updates. None of the service/support suggestions or online chat groups ideas have resolved this. The functions are fine--when they work, but I would not recommend this printer. Too bad as I've used HP printers for years. This one in my experience is a dud. …
- Written by Margot D from Ypsilanti
12 of 13 people found this useful
HP Officejet Pro 8600
The printer was purchased in September of 2012 and has worked very well with my PC and Macbook Pro (purchased in February 2012) It was easy to install and set up wireless on my Home network. It functions better with my iPhone and and iPad. The only drawback is that it will not allow two sided printing on the Macbook Pro. All the other devices do the two sided printing. Must be some gap in either the Mountain Lion software of the HP driver; but can find no answer from Apple nor HP. …
- Written by Charles E from Winston-Salem
9 of 9 people found this useful
I just bought The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. I received it in the mail yesterday and only until today did I finally get the Airpr int feature to work on it.
When I opened the box and got the printer set up everything worked great. I could print through wifi, I could print the eprint center, copy, scan and I dont have a hardline to fax but it all worked. The next task was to figure out the AirPrint feature. I wanted to print using my I phone but could't figure out how to print using AirPrint. Mostly because I didn't have all of the know how about my iPhone. So I talked to Apple Care and talked to a lady named vicky and she showed me how to search for the printer on my phone and then print. It really does have AirPrint people it just takes a little work to get there. …
- Written by Delmas W from Rolla
14 of 17 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Scott H from Toledo
- Feb 6, 2013
No answers yet
- Asked by Ian B
- Oct 25, 2012
Yes, it will scan from the feeder or the glass.
- Answered by Christian R from Ponte Vedra Beach
- Oct 27, 2012
- Asked by Doreen S
- Oct 14, 2012
From HP or from amazon.
- Answered by Philip B
- Nov 23, 2012
The official HP site indicates that the machine supports "automatic two-sided printing, scanning and copying". I haven't personally tried it. …
- Answered by Alexandru S from Orpington
- Nov 9, 2012
- Asked by Toni D from Deland
- Mar 14, 2012
Toni, the instructions are in the Apple's Support section. Unfortunately I cannot attach a link, so please go to the Apple site, click on Support in the toolbar, select the iPad then select from the left list "Features". In the right list there should be some articles, one of them being called "AirPrint 101". That should give you all the details (including the compatible printers). …
- Answered by Alexandru S from Orpington
- Nov 9, 2012