The Fidelio SoundRing AirPlay speaker for iPod fills your room with outstanding sound. Four high-definition speaker drivers—two front-firing and two side-firing—and a built-in bass sound pipe combine to create an immersive, natural listening experience that you can enjoy from anywhere in the room.
Compact and portable
Take your music wherever you want, thanks to the compact, 360-degree design, and built-in rechargeable battery. Just set the speaker on the charging base, and enjoy up to three hours of music in AirPlay mode, or up to 6-hours via the Aux-In or USB port.
AirPlay wireless streaming
AirPlay lets you stream your entire iTunes music collection to your Fidelio SoundRing speaker using your existing wi-fi network. It plays wirelessly from the iTunes program on your computer, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to any AirPlay enabled speaker, and even lets you play your music simultaneously on multiple AirPlay speakers, allowing you to enjoy your music throughout your home.
Philips Fidelio free App
The Fidelio SoundRing speaker is compatible with Philips' free Fidelio App (available as a download from the App Store in iTunes). The app offers lots of cool features to expand your device's functionality, including access to over 7000 internet radio stations, sound-setting controls, clock and multiple alarms and sleep timer.
- AirPlay technology lets you stream songs from your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or directly from your computer on your existing wi-fi network
- Portable and compact, this wireless rechargeable speaker fills the room with great sounding audio
- Built-in rechargeable battery or AC power option for music enjoyment anywhere
- Play and charge your iPod/iPhone/iPad via the USB connector port
- Aux-in jack for easy connection to virtually any electronic device
- 16W RMS total output power
- Compatible with the free Philips Fidelio app to bring lots of cool additional features to your Fidelio speakers
Did you notice?You can use this portable wireless speaker simultaneously with other AirPlay enabled speakers throughout your home.
Apple Recommends ForFill any room with the rich sound from your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad wirelessly via AirPlay.
What's in the Box?
- Philips Fidelio SoundRing Portable Speaker for iPod with AirPlay
- Charging base
- 3.5mm Aux-in cable
- DC power adapter
- Quick start guide
- Warranty certificate
- Speaker Configurations : Stereo
- Height : 8.3 in./21.08 cm
- Width : 7.75 in./19.68 cm
- Weight : 3.7 lb./1.68 kg
- Mfr. Part Number : DS3881W/37
- UPC or EAN No. : 609585220096
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited (For details, please visit www.support.philips.com/support/html/index_us_en.html)
- Fidelio SoundRing is compatible with iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod touch, iPod touch (2nd Gen.), iPod classic, all generations of iPod nano via aux-in connection.
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic for use as AirPlay jambox
I have been waiting for this product for months as I saw it at CES and thought it would be a good fit for my needs. The setup usin g an iPhone/iPod was super easy and the QuickStart guide does an adequate job of guiding the user through it. The only potential issue for a lot of people will be the IP address that Philips instructs the user to use as it's commonly used by a number of devices and if they are not turned off (modems, etc.), the setup link will not come up.
The sound is as to be expected for such a small unit. Not bad at all and light years beyond what was possible a decade ago but still, "there's no replacement for displacement" we always used to say.
I'm just thrilled to have a rechargeable, portable, Airplayable solution that doesn't look like a dogs breakfast. Bravo Philips for the whole Fidelio line. …
- Written by Charles Kevin M from Arlington
139 of 155 people found this useful
Great when they work.
Looks great. Sounds great.
Airplay constantly drops out when playing from iPad 1, iPad 2, and all iPhone's. It will drop several times during one song, extremely frustrating to the point it is unusable for iPad & iPhones which is why this was purchased.
Very odd behavior considering Airplay works flawlessly from MacPro, iMac and MacBook Pro on same Wifi network as the iPads & iPhones. …
- Written by Mary W from CHICAGO
100 of 121 people found this useful
Doesn't work well with iPhones/iPads
If you stick this really close to the wireless router, it works. Else it will drop constantly and not work for the most part. Need s a firmware update from Philips. I ended up using this with an AirPort Express. …
- Written by Suresh B from Cupertino
83 of 93 people found this useful
Sound Quality is amazing for Bachata & Salsa
if you put a song like reggeae, bachata, contry, Rock, Techno, Jazz, ect. Sound amazing but not recomended to listen a heavy bass music like hip hop bcuz of lacks of bass on this speker
its has a Mini subwoofer from the hole of the soundring …
- Written by Marvin P from Las Piedras
1 of 1 people found this useful
Great portable soundbox!
Bought this sound box with my wife 2 weeks ago. And it has been in use ever since by everyone in the house, streaming their audio from iPods, iPad, PC, etc.
Great sound, very nice design, and box - or better mention ring - can be easily picked up and put everywhere for convenience of listening. Everyone who sees it, loves it. …
- Written by Jan Willem V from Son en Breugel
Philips Fidelio Sound Ring
Have had one for about a year now and would like to share the following:
Good sound in mid and highs - could be a bit better in the bass;
Nice look and feel;
Good quality mechanical build.
Would give it four out of five stars if not for the following:
Complicated wireless setup and lousy connection stability in general, in particular does not work on my 802.11n router when in N-only mode;
Confusing statements by Philips support about capabilities of the device in general and availability of firmware upgrades.
Philips needs to deliver more considering the [$$$] price point. …
- Written by Ferdinand S from North Vancouver
4 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Stephen B from Bronx
- Dec 10, 2012
If you are using something like WPA security on your WiFi network, how do you go about configuring the SoundRing to use that? Setup interface?
- Asked by Jason T from Philadelphia
- Nov 25, 2011
The owners manual details how it's done via a few different methods. Doable though! If you want to know how, chek the manual online. …
- Answered by Kameron H from Winnipeg
- Dec 6, 2011
- Asked by Geoffrey M from Cold Lake
- Nov 12, 2011
The SoundRing speaker utilizes 4 speakers, two front-facing, and two side-facing – to project a soun d stage much wider and fuller than its compact size would suggest. It would be more than adequate for the average size bedroom, home-office, family room, or other similar space. …
- Answered by Katherine E from Mount Pleasant
- Nov 15, 2011
- Asked by Kathryn O
- Jan 20, 2012