OverviewWith an internal RAID controller that features the Oxford 936SE, the G-SPEED Q supports RAID 0 for maximum performance or RAID 5 for data protection. It offers a simple Mac or PC application for RAID configuration. The G-SPEED Q's small footprint and portability make it perfect for notebook applications where high capacity and RAID protection are important. The high-performance quad interface features one eSATA, two FireWire 800, and one USB 2.0 port.
- High-speed, low-cost RAID featuring an internal RAID controller
- Quad interface
- Whisper-quiet aluminum enclosure with four hot-swappable drives
- Supports multi-stream SD and compressed HD workflows
- Internal RAID controller supports RAID 0 and RAID 5
- Four hot-swappable Hitachi Enterprise-class 7200 RPM, 3.5-inch 3Gbit SATA drives each with up to 32MB cache
- Three-year warranty
Did you notice?The G-SPEED Q is built with Enterprise-class hard drives to handle highly demanding applications.
Apple Recommends ForSupport the most demanding post-production applications on your Macs with this high-performance RAID solution.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-SPEED Q RAID Solution
- AC power cord
- 5.9 ft./1.8 m FireWire 800 cable (white)
- 5.9 ft./1.8 m FireWire 800 to 400 cable (white)
- 3.3 ft./1 m USB 2.0 Cable (white)
- 3.3 ft./1 m eSATA cable
- Manual on CD-ROM
- Connections : USB 2.0,Firewire 800,eSATA
- Height : 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Width : 8.5 in./21.59 cm
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later
- Mfr. Part Number : 0G01793
- UPC or EAN No. : 705487185201
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : Three years
Ratings & Reviews
FAST RELIABLE SMALL STURDY
AFTER 6 MONTHS OF USE, THIS HARD DRIVE WHITH ALMOST NO NOISE (YOU MAY HEAR JUST ITS VERY QUIET FAN UNIT) HAS PERFORMED EXCELLENT A S EXPECTED.
IT WAS NOT AN EASY TASK TO READ DOZENS OF REVIEWS FROM DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS DURING A FEW WEEKS.... ALL I CAN SAY NOW IS THAT AT THE END I'M GLAD WITH THE CHOICE I MADE. I DID NOT FEEL LIKE PAYING A LITTLE BIT EXTRA FOR THE THUNDERBOLT PORT UNITS AVAILABLE A FEW MONTHS AGO, AND THERE IS NO NEED TO DO THAT UNLESS YOU ARE INTO FILM MAKIN/EDITING BUSINESS. THIS UNIT IS SO FAST FOR PHOTOS AND MOVIES THAT I SEE NO NEED FOR A THUNDERBOLT PORT IN THE NEAR FUTURE. IF YOU NEED A RELIABLE PLACE TO STORE OFFICE DATA, FAMILY PHOTOS, FAMILY VIDEOS, MUSIC, FINANCIAL DATA THIS RAID MACHINE SHOULD DO A GREAT WORRY FREE JOB FOR YOU. I WILL BUY A SECOND UNIT FOR A HOME NETWORK IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
- Written by Andrea A from VALENCIA
35 of 36 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Talia B from Brooklyn
- Sep 14, 2012
- Asked by Nicholas P from Hingham
- Dec 28, 2012
No answers yet
if I have an 8TB raid 5 set up, how many TB of data can I actually store in the device allowing for the duplication?
- Asked by Keith F from Newmarket,
- Oct 26, 2012
I want to use this to simultaneously quadruple back up only photos and videos so I don't need extra copies on CD/DVD etc. Can it do this?
- Asked by Yolanda A from Kingsville
- Apr 3, 2012
I have connected my G Speed Q using USB. But not directly to my Mac, but to a spare Airport Extreme which I have added to my existing network. I have done this deliberately so that it is hidden away in a well ventilated but secure area in my house. I leave it switched on, but I only connect to it and synch to it once per week. To do this I use an app called Folder Sync, available from the App Store. This is very easy to use and I get to choose which folders to backup. I strongly recommend it.
I hope this helps. …
- Answered by R E L
- Apr 4, 2012
- Asked by David C from Calgary
- Oct 15, 2011
G-Technology's web site says that it will support up to 12 TB
- Answered by William R from Liverpool
- Dec 25, 2011