Belkin's 4-port ultra-slim desktop hub adds four quick access USB ports to your Mac—perfect for connecting an external hard drive, smartphone, or any other USB device to your computer.
- Adds four additional USB ports to your Mac
- Plug and play—no drivers required
- Data transfer speeds of up to 480 Mbit/s
- Mac and PC compatible
Did you notice?Plug and play technology ensures easy compatibility with both Mac and PC.
Apple Recommends ForGreat for adding more hi-speed USB ports to your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin 4-Port Ultra-Slim Desktop Hub
- USB 2.0 cable
- Power adapter
- Connections: USB 2.0
- Height: 0.63 in./1.60 cm
- Width: 1.13 in./2.87 cm
- Weight: 1.6 oz./45.36 g
- Length: 5.88 in./14.94 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: F4U040qfcAPL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868828076
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
- This hub does not support iPad charging.
Ratings & Reviews
This thing works great. Simple and easy. I use it for hooking up my external Cameras, iPads, iPods, iPhone as well as Seagate B This thing works great. Simple and easy. I use it for hooking up my external Cameras, iPads, iPods, iPhone as well as Seagate Backup Plus 4 TB drive. Never had any problems. …
- Written by JOSEPH D from Mickleton
2 of 2 people found this useful
Won't power an Apple Superdrive
I have the original Macbook Air with a single USB port (a design flaw they later changed), and so I just bought the Belkin 4-Port I have the original Macbook Air with a single USB port (a design flaw they later changed), and so I just bought the Belkin 4-Port Ultra-Slim Desktop Hub.
It powers my external hard drive but NOT my Superdrive, rendering it useless for me. I store music and photos on an external drive, and so I can't burn music CDs with this computer. …
- Written by William C from Hattiesburg
18 of 23 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this USB hub work with time capsule
- Asked by Rody Y from Irvine
- Jul 13, 2012
will the 7 port belkin ultra slim usb 2.0 desktop hub work with the Mac Pro?
- Asked by Isabelle S from Ny
- Jan 27, 2014
Do I need new connecting USB cables for my devices?
- Asked by Bruce C from Williamston
- Feb 4, 2013
Good question, Bruce! Thankfully, you would not need new cables for a USB 2.0 Hub.
USB Technolog Good question, Bruce! Thankfully, you would not need new cables for a USB 2.0 Hub.
USB Technology is backwards-compatible, so an ancient USB 1.0 cable would plug into the USB 2.0 port on the hub. However, your connection would be limited to the speeds that you're used to. If you bought new cables to match the new hub, however, you would have access to the far greater speeds of USB 2.0. …
- Answered by Cliff L from Warren
- Feb 8, 2013
Is the USB hub compatable with ipad2?
- Asked by Jennifer H from Lake Forest
- Jan 29, 2012
You can connect the iPad through this hub, but you cannot charge it that way.
- Answered by Raymond G from Calgary
- Jul 28, 2012
can i use the belkin 7-Port Ultra-Slim USB 2.0 Metal Desktop Hub with a usb power adapter?
- Asked by James H from West Seneca
- Apr 10, 2012
This product will not charge an iPad. It says so right on the tin. It doesn't draw nearly enough pow This product will not charge an iPad. It says so right on the tin. It doesn't draw nearly enough power to do that. I have not used this product - It may charge an iPhone, but not as quickly as the Apple charger. It may not be able to provide that much power to more than one port at a time.
You're best off looking for products designed to charge devices, and not usb hubs. USB power adapters often send more power over USB than is officially allowed by the USB standard. …
- Answered by Ben D from San Francisco
- Jul 7, 2012