Belkin's four-port Ultra-Slim desktop hub* adds four quick access USB ports to your Mac—perfect for connecting an external hard drive, smartphone, or any other USB device.
- Adds four additional USB ports to your computer
- Plug and play—no drivers required
- Data transfer speeds of up to 480 Mbit/s
- Mac and PC compatible
- Sleek metal construction
Did you notice?Plug and play technology makes for easy use with both Macs and PCs.
Apple Recommends ForAdd four hi-speed USB ports to your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin 4-Port Ultra-Slim USB 2.0 Metal Desktop Hub
- USB 2.0 cable
- Power adapter
- Connections: USB 2.0
- Mac OS 9.2 or later; Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later
- Windows 98 SE/2000/Me/XP/Vista/7
- Mfr. Part Number: F4U038fcAPL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868828052
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
- *This device does not support iPad charging
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this today to get some extra USB space for my MacBook Pro. I got home and hooked it up and plugged in two external harddriv Bought this today to get some extra USB space for my MacBook Pro. I got home and hooked it up and plugged in two external harddrives and my flashdrive. I look at my computer fo see that none of them have showed up. I plug all three into a separate computer, and all three are fried. This comes with a power supply, and must've given too much power, so now I have three drives with important data on them GONE FOREVER. Do yourself a favor and don't buy this, it doesn't work and it'll fry your drives, it really deserves less than one star. …
- Written by Harneal D from Cypress
56 of 58 people found this useful
Port failure after less than 6 months
Less than 6 months after purchasing this item, 2 of the 4 ports have failed, and the device generates a considerable amount of hea Less than 6 months after purchasing this item, 2 of the 4 ports have failed, and the device generates a considerable amount of heat. Very disappointing product overall. …
- Written by Sandra T from Newark
49 of 52 people found this useful
Not worth buying , can't charge an ipad either
1. As the fine print says "*This device does not support iPad charging"
so that renders it useless for 1 of two common device 1. As the fine print says "*This device does not support iPad charging"
so that renders it useless for 1 of two common devices.
An iphone 4s it didn't seem to want to charge it.
2. It's very clunky to have a separate usb and power cable running out of the back of this device.
3. The device rarely ever sits properly. That's because its so light weight (which is nice) bit then it just flips around and sits odd based on what cables are in it.
Frankly given its weak powering capability, you may as well stick with a more basic hub. …
- Written by Gregory A from Ottawa
47 of 50 people found this useful
So far, very reliable
I bought this usb hub a year…and it's proven to be very reliable. I use it daily at work with no problem. I'll probably purchase a I bought this usb hub a year…and it's proven to be very reliable. I use it daily at work with no problem. I'll probably purchase a second one for my home computer. …
- Written by Irene A from Flushing
1 of 1 people found this useful
Attractive Design But Not Practical-1 Port Has Failed So Far
I've had this hub for a couple of months now and one port has since stopped working. Also, it's design is not very practical in t I've had this hub for a couple of months now and one port has since stopped working. Also, it's design is not very practical in that it tends to slide around too much once several cables are plugged into it; this tends to make your desk seem messy since cables are constantly tugging on and moving the unit. …
- Written by John H from Langhorne
4 of 4 people found this useful
Got very hot and failed
After several months of occasional use, this USB hub failed to connect any USB device, even mice, to Mac or PC. Its temperature wa After several months of occasional use, this USB hub failed to connect any USB device, even mice, to Mac or PC. Its temperature was normal when it worked, but after it failed it was hot whenever plugged into a computer. The Belkin website had no technical advice for these problems. …
- Written by Bennett K from Arlington
27 of 28 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
H6395VC/A belkin 4 port aluminum usb2 hub.
- Asked by Hank D from Delray Beach
- Feb 16, 2012
The USB port you plug a device into will supply a limited amount of power. That said, some devices r The USB port you plug a device into will supply a limited amount of power. That said, some devices required more power than can be supplied from the hosts USB controller and thus need a "boost" from an external power supply. …
- Answered by Graham G from Burlington
- Feb 27, 2012
Is this USB Hub powerful enough to charge an IPAD? i.e.: 10V
- Asked by Derick D from Avenel
- Mar 9, 2012
This hub is not powerful enough to charge an iPad, but the PowerPad16 from Datamation Systems can ch This hub is not powerful enough to charge an iPad, but the PowerPad16 from Datamation Systems can charge up to 16 iPads (or other USB devices) simultaneously. I'd recommend checking that out if you're looking for a charging solution. …
- Answered by Hank G from Ore City
- Apr 3, 2012
Can the hub be used on a Macbook Air computer (original version). It is very frustrating that this computer only has one USB drive!
- Asked by Robin T from Newport Beach
- Jul 25, 2012
No answers yet