The mophie Juice Pack Powerstation External Battery for iPhone, iPod and iPad includes a special high-output battery that provides ultra-fast charging. It charges at up to four times the current offered by traditional 500mAh batteries. The Powerstation can also switch between a 500mAh charge (typical), a 1A charge and 2.1A; which is great for iPad.
Sustainable, stylish design
Thanks to Powerstation's improved conversion efficiency, more power actually makes it to your iPhone, iPod or iPad. In addition, the soft-touch finish and metal band nicely compliment the design of your iPhone.
The six-LED status indicator lights let you see charging progress at a glance; then they disappear when not in use.
- Advanced battery cell delivers fast charging system
- Can switch among 500mAh, 1A and 2.1A charges
- Sustainable design gets more power to your iPhone, iPod or iPad
- Ultra-compact design makes it easy carry
- Stylish soft-touch or glossy exterior with metal side design
- Six-light "invisible" LED status indicator
- Large 4000mAh battery for plenty of power
- If you purchase the (PRODUCT) RED model of this product, Mophie will contribute 5% of the profits to the Global Fund to help fight AIDS in Africa
Did you notice?An extremely efficient design delivers more power to your iPhone, iPod or iPad than traditional back-up batteries.
Apple Recommends ForQuickly and fully charge your iPhone, iPod or iPad when its battery is running low.
What's in the Box?
- mophie Juice Pack Powerstation External Battery
- Micro USB charging cable
- User manual
- Power Source: USB
- Height: 0.65 in./1.65 cm
- Width: 2.86 in./7.3 cm
- Length: 4.32 in./10.9 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 2027_JPU-PWRSTION-2
- UPC or EAN No.: 810472020273
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Almost there but not yet perfect
This is an excellent backup power supply which I'm sure you will enjoy. Its outside appearance is obviously derived from the iPhon This is an excellent backup power supply which I'm sure you will enjoy. Its outside appearance is obviously derived from the iPhone 4 and this is a positive quality. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, after all.
Sizewise, it is 1.5 times as thick, 1/2 inch shorter, and exactly as wide as the iPhone 4. It's just about the same weight as #4, but perhaps 15 grams lighter. The black surface is rubberized and provides an ideal platform on which to rest #4 while it's charging. There is a single button on the side which when pressed indicates its current status via 4 lights. Of course less illuminated lights means less charge is left. When charging, these same 4 lights blink incrementally until 100% charge is reached, at which point all lights remain steady.
This is one of several Mophie power source products and this model is the universalized version in that it utilizes the ubiquitous USB interface. While it does not tie itself exclusively to the Apple proprietary interface, the manual explicitly states it was primarily designed for Apple products. No guarantee is offered for other mobile products. (One must wonder why they even bothered univeralizing it if they weren't going to test compatibility with other devices.) For this reason, the user is required to provide his own interface cable which must be USB on the mating end. So if you choose to acquire this premium product, you must consider the additional cost of an extra Apple docking cable, should you require one.
To charge a device using this product, you connect it via your supplied USB cable, and push the only button available on its side to turn it on. Simple!
To charge the device itself, you connect to it the supplied micro-USB cable which has a standard USB interface on the other end. From here you are free to connect it to any charging source which offers USB output.
I purchased this product for the purpose of:
1) Reducing battery wear on my #4 when using power hungry GPS navigation software.
2) Ensuring I have a backup power source if I get lost in the woods during one of my nature treks.
I give it 4 stars for these reasons:
1) It gets confused if attempting to charge the device immediately after using it to charge another device. If you try to do this, the charge lights will blink for about 3 seconds before all 4 of them go steady. This will give you the false impression that the device is fully charged, but I assure you it is not. You must wait for an undetermined time period (perhaps 30 minutes?) before it will correctly start charging. I read about this same flaw elsewhere, but decided to see for myself it if was true. Indeed it was.
2) I do not like that there are 2 separate interfaces: USB to charge devices and micro-USB to charge the device itself. This means I need to keep track of one extra wire with my arsenal of electronic gadgets. It would have been better to integrate the device's charge interface with the device itself. Perhaps a retractable USB cable?
All in all, this is a well designed product I think most people will find acceptable by non-Apple standards. …
- Written by Justin D from Arlington
391 of 443 people found this useful
Best Mophie Product
This is so much better than the prior Mophie products that encase the device. I used this last night to charge my iPhone 4s and m This is so much better than the prior Mophie products that encase the device. I used this last night to charge my iPhone 4s and my son's iPod touch. It is great because you can use your device while charging it and it doesn't block any of the speakers or headphone jacks. It charged both devices while they were being used and 2 of the 4 lights on the battery were lit after the devices were charged. It is a little bigger than I expected but in comparison to the other Mophie external batteries which are almost as big but have a much smaller power capacity, this is the best buy. It isn't as heavy as you would expect given its size (a little shorter than the iPhone 4s). …
- Written by Meghan U from Edison
349 of 374 people found this useful
I love that this will charge even iPad. It's good for 2 full charges of the iPhone or half of the iPad. Both ways it's great for e I love that this will charge even iPad. It's good for 2 full charges of the iPhone or half of the iPad. Both ways it's great for emergencies and wonderfully portable. …
- Written by Hilary A from Edmonton
306 of 330 people found this useful
Mophie Juice Battery
This gadget is reliable. It really boost up your phone easily. Great.
- Written by Maria A from Reseda
13 of 17 people found this useful
Works great with the iPhone 5
This product does a great job of recharging the iPhone 5 & an ok job of with the iPad 3. I found the best way of not having to car This product does a great job of recharging the iPhone 5 & an ok job of with the iPad 3. I found the best way of not having to carry a extra cord with the iPhone 5 is to buy the Micro USB adapter and use the cord the device comes with and place the adapter on it. For the iPad and the later models of the iPhone you need to have an extra cord. …
- Written by James D from Los Angeles
15 of 20 people found this useful
I prefer my iPhone 5 naked
This battery is perfect for an iPhone 5 without a case. I had the iPhone 4S and purchased the Mophie Juice Pack Plus but I was hes This battery is perfect for an iPhone 5 without a case. I had the iPhone 4S and purchased the Mophie Juice Pack Plus but I was hesitant of the added bulk so I occasionally took it off. I feel like the iPhone is designed to be elegant in its sole form without the added protection of a case. I actually purchased the AppleCare+ because in the end, I've probably bought so many cases for my iPhone 4S that it was MORE expensive than the protection plan. The Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation is a perfect solution for naked iPhone 5s because I simply stuff it in my backpack until I absolutely need to recharge my iPhone 5. I also have a couple GoPro cameras so I can also use this to charge those guys. Definitely a great buy! …
- Written by Joneil A from Fairfax
144 of 154 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is the device compatible with the iphone 5s
- Asked by Patricia S
- Dec 12, 2013
Yes, with an Lightning adapter.
- Answered by Gerson B from Miami
- Jan 14, 2014
Will this work with an Ipad Air?
- Asked by Deanna R from Rochester
- Nov 7, 2013
Yes but with only a capacity of 4000 mAh it can only charge an iPad Air to roughly 40%. I would get Yes but with only a capacity of 4000 mAh it can only charge an iPad Air to roughly 40%. I would get a larger capacity external battery if I wanted to fully charge an iPad Air. Mophie Powerstation XL for example. …
- Answered by Ian G from Edmonton
- Dec 8, 2013
how do you charge the mophie juice pack can it be connected to a macbook pro
- Asked by Mr Michael B C from Floreat
- Aug 15, 2013
Depends on the product, but for the most part, you can plug the Micro-USB cord into the product and Depends on the product, but for the most part, you can plug the Micro-USB cord into the product and the USB portion in to a computer (or similar) USB port or an Apple-approved AC adapter. …
- Answered by Jacob M from Kalamazoo
- Oct 2, 2013
how long of a charging life does this have or does it run on batteries?
- Asked by Colton R from Rolling Hills Estates
- Jul 8, 2013
The Morphie is a case with rechargeable batteries inside it.
It will charge a completely empty i The Morphie is a case with rechargeable batteries inside it.
It will charge a completely empty iPhone 5 about three times. It charges the phone faster than the mains charger.
The Juicepack itself takes quite a long time to charge up from completely empty, especially from a wall outlet using the phone charger plug and the provided USB to mini USB cable. Morphie say it charges faster from your computer, but I haven't verified this. However, since it holds 3 times the capacity of the phone, that's not surprising.
This Juicepack works fine with my iPad 4 and my iPad mini, as well as rechargeable keypads etc. However, it will only add a little over 30% battery power to a 10" iPad.
In my experience it basically charges pretty much every USB powered device, including my son's new Samsung Galaxy S4. …
- Answered by Clive G
- Jul 26, 2013