Philips DC390 Dual Dock Clock Radio with Remote
Philips DC390 Dual Dock Clock Radio with Remote
The Philips DC390 dual docking clock radio delivers surprisingly rich, deep sound in a stylish and attractive brushed aluminum finish. Plus it lets you charge two devices—iPhone, iPad, or iPod—simultaneously.
Wake up your way
Dual alarms let you set different times for weekdays and weekends, or even vary the alarm settings for more than one person. The gentle wake up feature gradually increases alarm volume, and allows you to wake to your favorite music, radio station, or buzzer alarm.
Great sound and convenience
The Digital Sound Control and Dynamic Bass Boost features combine to provide sound performance that rivals much larger audio systems. The smartly designed spring-loaded docking port allows you to effortlessly dock your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, even in a protective case. And when you connect and dock your device, the DC390 automatically synchronizes the clock with it within a few seconds. So you never need to set the time manually.
- Play your iPod/iPhone/iPad and charge two devices at once
- FM stereo tuner with 20 station presets
- Dual Alarms with Gentle Wake feature and sleep timer
- Full-function wireless remote control
- 10 watts RMS total output power
- Digital Sound Control offers a choice of preset EQ settings
- Dynamic Bass Boost for great sound at all listening levels
- Aux-in for easy connection of other electronic devices
- Auto clock synchronization with iPod/iPhone/iPad when docked
- Neodymium speaker driver for rich and clear sound
- Battery backup (battery not included)
Did you notice?The two spring-loaded docking ports let you easily dock two of your Apple devices, even if they're in protective cases.
Apple Recommends ForKeep two iPhone, iPod, or iPad devices charged—while listening and waking to the music on one of them.
What's in the Box?
- Philips DC390 Docking Clock Radio
- Wireless remote control
- Aux-in cable
- User manual
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, 30 Pin Dock
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 4.5 in./11.4 cm
- Width: 10.3 in./26.3 cm
- Weight: 3.1 lb./1.9 kg
- Length: 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: DC390/37
- UPC or EAN No.: 609585213999
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.support.philips.com/support/html/index_us_en.html)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Good sound, works as advertised
I've had this unit for a week now, and have not had any of the problems mentioned by the first reviewer. It basically works as adv I've had this unit for a week now, and have not had any of the problems mentioned by the first reviewer. It basically works as advertised (but see caveat below about the alarm).
Dock 1 supports an iPhone or iPod; Dock 2 supports an iPhone, iPod, or iPad. (This is all spelled out in Philips's documentation, available on their website.) My iPhone 3GS docks easily in its case, and my iPad 2 can be docked with its Smart Cover on (it can also be docked with the Smart Cover folded around to the back side). A bulkier case on an iPad might be a problem. Docking the iPad takes some practice to line up the connector just right (probably true of other iPad docks as well).
Sound is very good for a unit so compact.
I was worried about display brightness (I've found some clocks too bright to sleep when they're next to the bed), unnecessarily as it turns out. There are four settings--full, medium, dim, and off--and I can sleep fine on the dim setting. For some reason some actions make the display revert to full brightness, but it's easy enough to dim it again just before I go to bed.
One caveat: Mostly the instructions are clear, but I find the alarm settings a little confusing. When I've set the alarm to play from my iDevice, it has usually worked, but a couple of times it hasn't come on--I think there's some requirement about setting up the iPhone or iPad that isn't clearly spelled out, and which I haven't figured out yet. …
- Written by Julian H from Bloomington
265 of 284 people found this useful
Stunning Sound, Beautiful Finish, Great features!
The sound on this unit simply blew me away!!!! I was expecting a nice alarm clock radio to charge our two iPhones but was not prep The sound on this unit simply blew me away!!!! I was expecting a nice alarm clock radio to charge our two iPhones but was not prepared for the amazing sound that this docking system delivered. I hope to get an iPad soon and the fact that this supports charging and playback from the iPad as well is a definite plus. I'm soooooo excited!
So the sound was the first thing that caught my attention but there were a few other great surprises as well. I was able to dock my iPhone without taking off my phone case which is a huge benefit! The most pleasant surprise though was that when I docked my iPhone, the time was automatically set on the dock. No need to fiddle with the buttons trying to figure out how to set the time, the dock will do it automatically for you.
I would definitely recommend this docking system from Philips as a must buy if looking for a dock for your iPod, iPhone or iPad. This is even more relevant for you if you share the dock with that special someone, as the dual dock and dual alarm functions will come in very handy... …
- Written by Stacey-Ann B from New Rochelle
216 of 233 people found this useful
I have had the dock for about 2.5 weeks and so far, it is working great. The dock I bought from the apple store did not have an Ip I have had the dock for about 2.5 weeks and so far, it is working great. The dock I bought from the apple store did not have an Ipad 2 bumper (looks like it wasn older batch), but apple was able to put me in contact with someone at philips who sent one to me, which was great! On to the dock itself.
Sound is amazing
Docks an iphone and an ipad 2 (though making the connection is a little tricky, but I am getting better at it)
Time sync feature is nice
Cons (why I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars):
Price (a little high)
The Ipad 2 dock connection (as I said earlier, a little tricky, but with practice it does get easier).
Overall, I am really happy with the dock and the ability to charge both my devices at once. …
- Written by Ankur S from Washington
186 of 200 people found this useful
Great looks and sound. That's about it, though...
The DC390/05 was given to me as a gift for Christmas2013.
First impressions were great: Solid unit, well-built w/brushed alumi The DC390/05 was given to me as a gift for Christmas2013.
First impressions were great: Solid unit, well-built w/brushed aluminium buttons; sound quality is really good for the price; it's excellent way to de-clutter cables. I was very happy. Then started using it for real - and it doesn't seem to be built for real life!
1. The Snooze button also controls LED brightness, which has 4 modes - bright, normal, dim, off. I like it on dim at night, for obvious reasons. However, when the alarm wakes you up and you hit snooze, the LED cycles to off. Useful.
2. It can't keep the time. On first use, it time-synced with my iPhone 4S no problem. By the end of the next day, when I went to charge iPhone again, the time was 2 minutes out. It lost over 1 minute over 24 hours! Anyway, synced again. iPhone and iPad on charge this time. Woke up next day at what I thought was 930am, only to discover the clock had invented its own time. It was actually 845am. An alarm clock really should be able to keep the time.
3. As others have mentioned, it's a real chore to get the iPad onto the dock - the spring-loaded connector reclines too much / isn't sufficiently upright to allow the iPad to easily slot into place.
4. It's not possible to update firmware. You're stuck with any poor programming. Enjoy!
I wrote to Philips about my issues. They say the product is not repairable, and no newer version exists (although I'm sure I read about a DC390/12 - the 'slash twelve' being the difference - maybe it's a regional thing?). I'm currently waiting to receive a proposal from them.
If this product worked, it would be good. …
- Written by Tariq M from Tooting
Great product from Philips
Purchased this product to use with my old 3gs . Very satisfied with sound output. Features includes auto sync of time with iphone/ Purchased this product to use with my old 3gs . Very satisfied with sound output. Features includes auto sync of time with iphone/ iopd,weekday and weekend alarm,mp3 link .Made of brushed aluminium and looks solid and beautiful.Remote can control iphone / ipod song menu and also 3 party appls.. Only down side is poor FM reception . …
- Written by Pramod K from Bangalore
1 of 1 people found this useful
This product is not good because of the low quality LED that causes the display screen to flicker.
The display is the most impo This product is not good because of the low quality LED that causes the display screen to flicker.
The display is the most important feature in a product such as this. As such, it is not worth the price. …
- Written by David M from Jenkintown
9 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use a lightning to 30 pin adapter to use the iPhone 5s
- Asked by Jack D from Brisbane
- Sep 22, 2013
I also had to buy two of the 30-pin adapters, but now both the iPhone 5 and iPad stand too high up, I also had to buy two of the 30-pin adapters, but now both the iPhone 5 and iPad stand too high up, so I have to support them with something firm behind them, like a piece of cardboard. Tacky, but cheaper than buying a new radio. …
- Answered by Doug G from San Jose
- Jan 13, 2014
will it dock iPad air and also iPhone 5s at the same time
- Asked by Douglas P from Wynyard
- Dec 15, 2013
I want to use this device in Europe. I think this device's AC input voltage is 110V. Can I use this device with a 220V electric outlet?
- Asked by Radostin K from Norfolk
- Nov 15, 2013
Yes. See Tech Specs. apple.com /airport-extreme/specs/
- Answered by Nathan H from Durham
- Jun 12, 2013
What is the different between the dc291 and the dc390
- Asked by Carol U
- Feb 22, 2013
- Asked about: Philips DC291 Docking Clock Radio w…
the dc291 only has one adapter however the dc390 has 2 adapters however don't no much more about it the dc291 only has one adapter however the dc390 has 2 adapters however don't no much more about it so you would have to google it …
- Answered by David J
- Apr 8, 2013
Will the latest ipad with retina display work on this?
- Asked by Varun P
- Nov 18, 2012
As long as it is the iPad 3rd Gen, it's fine. It on works with the 30-pin connector and not he light As long as it is the iPad 3rd Gen, it's fine. It on works with the 30-pin connector and not he lightning connector. …
- Answered by Anup T
- Nov 26, 2012