The Philips DC291 docking clock radio delivers surprisingly rich, deep sound in a stylish and attractive brushed aluminum finish.
Wake up your way
Dual alarms let you set different times for weekdays and weekends, or even vary the alarm settings for more than one person. The gentle wake up feature gradually increases alarm volume, and allows you to wake to your favorite music, radio station, or buzzer alarm.
Great sound and convenience
The Digital Sound Control and Dynamic Bass Boost features combine to provide sound performance that rivals much larger audio systems. The smartly designed spring-loaded docking port allows you to effortlessly dock your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, even in a protective case. And when you connect and dock your device, the DC291 automatically synchronizes the clock with it within a few seconds. So you never need to set the time manually.
- Play and charge your iPod/iPhone/iPad
- FM stereo tuner with 20 station presets
- Dual Alarms with Gentle Wake feature and sleep timer
- Full-function wireless remote control
- 10 watts RMS total output power
- Digital Sound Control offers a choice of preset EQ settings
- Dynamic Bass Boost for great sound at all listening levels
- Aux-in for easy connection of other electronic devices
- Auto clock synchronization with iPod/iPhone/iPad when docked
- Neodymium speaker driver for rich and clear sound
- Battery backup (battery not included)
Did you notice?The spring-loaded docking port lets you easily dock your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, even when it's in a protective case.
Apple Recommends ForListen and wake to the music on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Philips DC291 Docking Clock Radio
- Wireless remote control
- Aux-in cable
- User manual
- Quick start guide
- Height : 4.5 in./11.4 cm
- Width : 10.3 in./26.3 cm
- Weight : 3.1 lb./1.4 kg
- Mfr. Part Number : DC291/37
- UPC or EAN No. : 609585212923
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited (For details, please visit www.support.philips.com/support/html/index_us_en.html)
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Beautiful industrial design, charges ipod and ipad 2 simultaneously. Decent sound quality (I haven't blasted it yet...only used f or quiet night time music).
My only problem is the ipad is a little hard to get docked, especially if the Smart Cover is on. A few times I thought I docked it, but in the morning realized the plug was only wedged betweeen the smart cover and the ipad!
The remote control works but I wish it were a little more hefty. It feels so lightweight that it's kinda like a toy remote. If the line of sight is blocked, the remote doesn't work very well.
Overall, this is a beautiful piece of equipment that works well with your ipod/ipad. …
- Written by Kwang P from Woodbridge
221 of 240 people found this useful
Not quite right
Sounds great, looks great. Unfortunately it does NOT have battery back-up. If power is lost the alarm and time are re-set. I confi rmed this with Philips who pointed out that the documentation shipped with the product describes this.How stupid is that? They couldn't tell me what the batteries actually do.
Also, whenever my phone is docked, the radio cuts out for 3-15 seconds on a seemingly random basis. …
- Written by Wayne C from Belmont
212 of 250 people found this useful
Great sound and remote. Little big and not intuitive to program, but once it is...its great.
- Written by laura F from spring
193 of 213 people found this useful
No AM Tuner!
I didn't read the description well enough.....no AM tuner! I had never seen a radio without it, so was quite surprised.
I have t rouble docking my iPad when it's in the Apple iPad case. …
- Written by Nicalaine B from Baker
worked for about 9 months
then in the fall of 2012, I started getting error messages about being incompatible with iPhone. I have the 4GS; did a software up grade to the phone eliminate the utility of this as an iPhone speaker? It appears so. The docks will still charge the iPhone, but it stopped communicating to the Philips speakers. I'm surprised the Apple Store is still selling it. The compatibility list for this device needs to be updated. …
- Written by CHRISTOPHER P from ATLANTA
42 of 46 people found this useful
Best Bang For Your Buck!
I just recently received this item as a gift. I was immediately impressed with the sound quality. It does only play FM stations. B ut, if you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod you can download apps through the app store, connect it to this baby & it will play the radio through the device!
I have owned a Bose stereo, & if you know the company. They produce High Quality audio at a high price tag. Where as this device sounds almost..if not just as good. It has several sound options to adjust to what type of music your listening to. So if you want a quality item for a fraction of the price..look no further! I absolutely love it! :-D …
- Written by Lucas C from Winston
107 of 109 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Carol U
- Feb 22, 2013
Can I plug it into my computer to play music? If so, does the cord come with it, and how long is it? Also, can I put it with multiple speakers?
- Asked by Chris W from Allston
- Jan 22, 2013
- Asked by Stewart S
- Nov 14, 2012
Yes works perfectly even with full functions using the remote of the philips dock. - but if you hav e a case the causes even the smallest gap on the bottom of the the iphone between it and the adapter then the lightning connector will not make contact fully.
A better bet is the adapter with a 0.2 m cable although it will not look nice but you will have not need to remove your case every time. it is pricey though. …
- Answered by Joseph Paul J from Paranaque
- Dec 24, 2012
- Asked by Juan E from Edison
- Apr 5, 2012
- Asked by Douglas L from Cranberry Township
- Dec 21, 2012
It has a 3.5mm input, but no 3.5mm output for headphones.
- Answered by David C from Sugar Hill
- Jan 3, 2013
Only 110v so if used in countries where the power source is 220v u would need a step down Transforme r convertor …
- Answered by Ghansham K from Mumbai
- Nov 30, 2012