Upgrading your QLogic SANbox 9100 or SANbox 9200 chassis switch to the maximum 128 ports per chassis (256 per HyperStack) is as simple as inserting one or more additional 16-port I/O blades to populate the 8 blade slots per chassis.
All ports auto-negotiate to support 8Gb, 4Gb, or 2Gb devices and may be deployed with optics of each speed (mix and match on same blade).* The 8Gb blade may also be deployed in the same chassis with blades of other speeds.
The 8Gb blade supports local switching, which means traffic going in and out of ports on the same blade does not have to cross the chassis backplane, and is therefore always 100% non-blocking, irrespective of traffic conditions.
See http://www.qlogic.com/Products/Switches/Pages/FibreChannelSwitches.aspx for datasheet.
* Note: SFPs are not included and may be ordered separately as follows: 4Gb SFPs: Apple p/n: TK720LL/A; 8Gb SFPs: Apple p/n: H6272LL/A.
- Easy deployment
- Industry's fastest switching ASIC (latency under 200ns)
- Local switching support
Did you notice?Supports local switching, which means traffic going in and out of ports on the same blade does not have to cross the chassis backplane.
Apple Recommends ForIncrease capacity for video/rich media, tape back-up or storage pooling, core switching.
What's in the Box?
- QLogic 16-Port 8Gb Fibre Channel I/O Blade
- Deployment instructions
- Connections : FiberChannel
- Mfr. Part Number : SB9008V-8G
- UPC or EAN No. : 783386012248
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year
- Compatible with QLogic SANbox 9000 series chassis switch.