Connect a big, beautiful LED Cinema Display to your DVI-equipped MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, or PC with this unique Kanex solution. It lets you extend your desktop and view even more of your content, while also using the display's built-in iSight camera and speakers.
- Connects DVI-equipped Mac or PC models to a 24-inch LED Cinema Display
- USB 2.0 pass-through allows use of the iSight camera and USB functions
- Supports 1920 by 1200 maximum resolution @ 60Hz
Did you notice?Connect your older DVI-equipped Mac to newer Apple LED Cinema Displays; USB pass-through also lets you take advantage of the iSight camera.
Apple Recommends ForEasily connect a 24-inch LED Cinema Display to your Mac that's got a DVI port.
What's in the Box?
- Kanex C247D Single-Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort Converter
- Connections: DisplayPort, DVI-D, Mini DisplayPort, USB 2.0
- Height: 0.7 in./1.78 cm
- Width: 2.5 in./6.35 cm
- Weight: 5.4 oz./153.09 g
- Length: 3.27 in./8.31 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: C247D
- UPC or EAN No.: 814556012567
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For additional information, please visit http://www.kanexlive.com/company/warranty.html)
Ratings & Reviews
First, nothing I read on here said anything about needing a separate USB pass-through cable, which I had to buy separately. Next, First, nothing I read on here said anything about needing a separate USB pass-through cable, which I had to buy separately. Next, and this is the deal-breaker, nothing I saw on this site said this unit wasn't compatible with the Thunderbolt display. I didn't find that out until going to Kanex's website to find out why it wasn't working. Kanex needs to make sure this site's information is a lot more complete or there'll be other equally disappointed customers. …
- Written by MICHAEL W from Martinez
4 of 5 people found this useful
Works as advertised
I'm very happy with this adapter so far. It does exactly what it says in terms of getting a 24-inch Cinema Display to work. My vid I'm very happy with this adapter so far. It does exactly what it says in terms of getting a 24-inch Cinema Display to work. My video card on my Mac Pro has a DVI and Mini DisplayPort output on the back and I recently got a 27-inch Cinema Display that I hooked up via the MDP. I needed this device in order to get my 24-inch display to work with the DVI output on the card. It is a little pricey for what it is, but it works. You might also need to buy the Dr. Bott Extension Cable as well for it depending on how you set up your monitors. Why these cinema displays have such short cables on the back I'll never know because it forces you to buy extensions when you have two displays set up. My second display would never have reached the Mac Pro without the extension, so you may end up having to pay $39.99 for that piece as well to make all this work. Almost $200 just to get a second monitor to work seems a little weak to me on Apple's part, but it's the only solution I've found so far that actually works. …
- Written by Matthew F from Columbia
68 of 75 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
do i have to change any settings on the laptop and i mac or you just plugin and go
- Asked by Michael Y from College Park
- Mar 16, 2014
I need a DVI-D single link to Thunderbolt adaptor for an Apple "Cinema Display" monitor
- Asked by Heidi P from Liberty
- Apr 24, 2014
can i use this to connect a thunderbolt monitor to vga adapter and use the thunderbolt on a kvm?
- Asked by Jaime V from Moreno Valley
- Aug 23, 2013
Can I use this adapter with the 27" Apple LED Cinema Display?
- Asked by Felix P from Newington
- May 27, 2011
The Apple LED Cinema Display 27-inch display supports two input resolutions - either 2560 x 1440 or The Apple LED Cinema Display 27-inch display supports two input resolutions - either 2560 x 1440 or 1280 x 720.
The Kanex DVI to Mini DisplayPort Adapter supports up to 1920 x 1200 max resolution therefore the maximum resolution output will be 1280 x 720 on the Apple LED Cinema Display 27-Inch model. …
- Answered by C W K from Augusta
- Jun 6, 2011
can i use it to watch movies downloaded on my mac on a lcd screen
- Asked by Sandra S from Canmore
- Apr 18, 2013
No, not unless your Mac has DVI output and your LCD has Mini DisplayPort input. You probably want a No, not unless your Mac has DVI output and your LCD has Mini DisplayPort input. You probably want a Mini DisplayPort or Thuderbolt to HDMI cable. Much cheaper, too. …
- Answered by Noah G from Vancouver
- Aug 19, 2013
CAN I USE THis to watch my security cameras on my mac
- Asked by Gayna C from North Beach
- Nov 27, 2012