The JBL OnBeat loudspeaker dock delivers realistic, high-output sound from any Apple iOS device. Its universal connector firmly docks your iPad, iPod, or iPhone devices. The connector also lets you rotate your iPod or iPhone, so you can view the screen in portrait or landscape orientation for the best video display.
Great sound, easy controls
Dual Phoenix full-range transducers with computer-optimized DSP equalization provide a richly detailed 360-degree soundstage. An IR remote puts you in full control of system functions and music navigation from across the room. And an AC power supply keeps your devices charged when docked. With an optional composite cable, the JBL OnBeat system can even send video content on to your TV for the whole crowd to enjoy.
- Docks accommodates iPod, iPhone, or iPad
- Dock allows placement of iPod or iPhone in portrait or landscape orientation for optimal viewing
- Composite output for displaying video content on TV (cable not included)
- High power output with dual full-range transducers with computer-optimized DSP equalization
- IR remote control navigates iPod and iPhone menus from up to 15 feet (4.6m) away
- USB and Auxiliary inputs for complete connectivity
- Dynamic JBL Weave design delivers great sound with style
Did you notice?Connect OnBeat to your television via a composite video cable and everyone can watch your favorite video on the big screen along with great JBL sound.
Apple Recommends ForDeliver an incredible listening and viewing experience from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad wherever you want it.
What's in the Box?
- JBL OnBeat Loudspeaker Docking Station
- IR remote control
- AC power cord
- Universal connector
- Frequency Response: 70Hz-20kHz
- Input Type: 30 Pin Dock,3.5mm Stereo Jack,USB
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Drivers: Phoenix drivers
- Power Source: AC
- Mfr. Part Number: JBLONBEATBLK
- UPC or EAN No.: 50036311939
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPod 5th Generation (video)
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Expected more from JBL
First off for this to sound good you cannot have your volume full blast. There is no subwoofer so the bass is forced to go out the First off for this to sound good you cannot have your volume full blast. There is no subwoofer so the bass is forced to go out the tiny speakers. Due to the lack of subwoofer the sound is very muddy. It works with both iPads but portrait only. The brace that holds the iPad is very flimsy and will break easily. I owned this dock for 3 days before I returned it. Worked better with the iPhone 4 than the iPads. Expected a better product from a reliable manufacturer like JBL. …
- Written by Anthony L from Wauwatosa
103 of 111 people found this useful
Not a good product
I bought this for my ipad2 and was surprised that I had to send away for the correct bracket. The bracket to hold it was flimsy a I bought this for my ipad2 and was surprised that I had to send away for the correct bracket. The bracket to hold it was flimsy and I had no confidence that it would hold my $600 plus ipad2. The sound was terrible, tin canny and no base. I took it back. …
- Written by Robert R from abilene
99 of 116 people found this useful
Warning! Don't use if iPad is your Alarm Clock!
Seldom would I be so negative towards any product, however as this product didn't satisfy the main reason why I purchased it, I mu Seldom would I be so negative towards any product, however as this product didn't satisfy the main reason why I purchased it, I must give it a poor rating.
My carefully designed plan was to put my iPad 2 running some great clock application on my nightstand. I would be able to read the time without glasses, it's sort of a night light, and with the right application, even receive real-time weather information. During the day, I could listen to my favorite music and at night, have the clock application wake me up. Sounds like a great plan and a simple plan.... but noooooooooo. Some Product Manager trying to be overly Politically Correct thought engaging a Stand By Mode in the event your iPad doesn't generate any audio for some 10 minutes and thereby turning off the speakers would be a good idea... thinking it would save power... And to make matters worse, they decided not to go out of Stand By Mode in the event the iPad begins to speak... That means, unless you set your alarm for less than 10 minutes after you go to bed, the next morning you get to sleep in late... even if you had an important meeting to wake up for!
1) It would have been so easy for the JBL On Beat to detect the audio and automatically take itself out of Stand By Mode. My guess is that was the original plan but the final design ended up with a flaw. The good folks at JBL surly would not have intentionally designed something with such a glaring flaw.
2) Having earned a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering for a major university, I am here to tell you the difference in power consumption between an amplifier that is engaged yet not producing any audio and this same amplifier in Stand By mode is insignificant. This is a "feel good" everything must be green feature rather than any significant savings in one's power bill.
3) To the best of my knowledge, this problem is 100% JBL and no iPad application, outside of something that makes a "keep alive" beep every 5 minutes or so, is going to correct JBL's design flaw.
4) As the iPad 2 is so thin, one needs to carefully line it up before inserting the iPad into its docking position. I would have liked to see some kind of a back-stop so I could seat the iPad as far back as this back-stop and insert. As it is now, one needs to line it up carefully... not a big deal, but again, a simple problem to fix so it's easier and quicker to mount the thin iPad 2.
5) OK... now the good news... assuming the JBL On Beat isn't in Stand By Mode, it sounds great! Perfect for a average sized room in that it fills the room with quality sound... for the price, the sound quality is more than acceptable. …
- Written by John M from Alpharetta
71 of 87 people found this useful
Should be ZERO stars...
If I could give it zero stars I would. Stopped charging iPad and is pretty useless without that feature. Still charges iPhone so d If I could give it zero stars I would. Stopped charging iPad and is pretty useless without that feature. Still charges iPhone so don't think it's the connector, and iPad charges fine with the regular Apple charger. Really stinks, kind of expensive piece of junk. …
- Written by Bryan D from Satellite Beach
2 of 2 people found this useful
JBL awake as clock radio
I also found problems with the docking station not coming out of the "power save" mode when left over night. I have noticed that w I also found problems with the docking station not coming out of the "power save" mode when left over night. I have noticed that when you hit the snooze button twice which dims the clock allows the docking station to stay on for hours and doesn't which off.
hope this helps! …
- Written by Jaco L from Johannesburg
1 of 1 people found this useful
Not worth the money
The speaker worked fine for a year and a few weeks later it stopped charging. I was able to prop up my phone/ipad to get a charge The speaker worked fine for a year and a few weeks later it stopped charging. I was able to prop up my phone/ipad to get a charge but that only worked for 2 weeks. Now this thing is useless. …
- Written by kavada T from grant
5 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Both Yes and No.
There are available Lightning Adapters to fit iPhone 5. But you ca Both Yes and No.
There are available Lightning Adapters to fit iPhone 5. But you cannot swivel it to landscape mode as there is a chance that the adapter might fall off.
You can also use the 3.5 mm cord to play your iPhone. but the services will be limited. No charging whatsoever. Just for listening purposes.
As mentioned, iPhone 5 uses lightning connector. This one is fitted with the old connector. …
- Answered by Alvin P from Calauan
- Mar 16, 2013
Does it work with generation 3 IPad?
- Asked by Maureen G from Pendleton
- Nov 20, 2012
It works perfectly with the 3rd generation iPad.
- Answered by Peter M
- Jan 15, 2013
is it possible to use the apple remote with this station? (original remote is lost)
- Asked by Mareike S
- Dec 22, 2011
can this be used as speaker phone
- Asked by Anthony J from Los Angeles
- Nov 15, 2011
Yes. and you can use it on the player itself or on the remote.
- Answered by Alvin P from Calauan
- Mar 16, 2013
Can this be used with the ipod shuffle and if so is there anything else needed to connect it to this system?
- Asked by Gerri H from Pottsville
- Aug 27, 2011