By replacing the stock base of the unibody Mac mini, the Mini mount is the perfect solution to safely and securely mount your Mac to nearly any surface.
A perfect fit
The three-point mount harness latches directly to the chassis of the Mac mini ensuring an exact fit that's both stable and secure. The integrated lock prevents unwanted removal of the Mac mini—perfect for situations where theft-deterrence is a concern.
Tough and safe
Built from a combination of strong ABS plastic and metal components, the Mini mount actually replicates the stock base of the Mac mini—supporting proper airflow, electromagnetic shielding providing an unobstructed path to the Wi-Fi antenna.
- Latches to unibody Mac mini directly for secure mounting
- Locks Mac mini in place; use with tamper-proof screws for theft-deterrence
- Replicates the stock base of the Mac mini to ensure both proper airflow and shielding
- Ideal for kiosks, digital signage, labs, home theaters, and mobile applications.
- Includes 75/100mm VESA mount hole pattern for securing to VESA-compliant mounts and monitors
- Three-point attachment system for mounting both vertically and horizontally
- Design allows for cabling to drop behind the Mac mini once installed
- Comes with necessary mounting hardware for securing to drywall and wood (compatible with screw types for mounting to other surfaces)
- Optional backlighting kit available
Did you notice?This is the only solution that both mounts and locks the unibody Mac mini without needing to totally enclose the chassis.
Apple Recommends ForMount your unibody Mac mini horizontally and vertically for kiosks, home theaters, digital signage—even small or home offices where space is at a premium.
What's in the Box?
- Optional backlighting kit available
- Installation hardware for mounting to wood and drywall
- Installation guide and mounting template
- Height: 0.5 in./1.27 cm
- Width: 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Weight: 5.0 oz./141.75 g
- Length: 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: HSQ-MINIMOUNT-X
- UPC or EAN No.: 705105268668
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
We bought this at work to secure a student Mac Mini to a work surface. It was easy enough to install, but took considerable effort We bought this at work to secure a student Mac Mini to a work surface. It was easy enough to install, but took considerable effort to seat the Mini on the mount. The "locking mechanism" is basically a thin leaf spring, and can be easily disabled and broken, and managed to last all of a week intact. DO NOT BUY THIS AS A COMPUTER LOCK! …
- Written by Robert N from Toronto
20 of 50 people found this useful
In summary: this does what it says, well.
As many of us use a Mac Mini as a HTPC as Apple don't offer anything else to do the In summary: this does what it says, well.
As many of us use a Mac Mini as a HTPC as Apple don't offer anything else to do the job currently (they could do a HTPC version of the Mini obviously!).
Hence why using this behind your TV works really well to get the Mini hidden away in awkward spaces.
This also works well on flat surfaces to avoid Mini's getting needlessly moved around when they need to stay in one place. Basically it's a different solution to the Kensington lock, offering less annoying movement of the machine on any given surface.
Neat idea for any HTPC user, and beyond! …
- Written by James S from Hove
18 of 23 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
H-Squared mini mount ~Can I use it with my I pad air ?
- Asked by Gary N from Winnipeg
- Jun 25, 2014
Does this work with the new mac mini?
- Asked by Mark D from Grand Rapids
- Aug 15, 2011
I have now installed this and it works great.
- Answered by Mark D from Grandville
- Oct 23, 2011