Outstanding resolution for great enlargements
The Epson Perfection V600 Photo features 6400 by 9600 dpi hardware resolution for brilliant enlargements from film. With an optical resolution of 6400 dpi, plus a 3.4Dmax, it's easy to achieve amazing reproductions up to 17 by 22 inches. The V600 Photo also features a 48-bit depth for exceptional clarity and color.
With a built-in Transparency Unit, the Epson Perfection V600 Photo accommodates slides, negatives, and medium-format panoramic film up to 2.4 by 8.7 inches. This versatile performer makes it easy to scan virtually anything, from everyday documents to books, magazines, photos, and 3D objects.
DIGITAL ICE for prints
Powerful DIGITAL ICE technology removes the appearance of tears and creases from damaged photos, eliminating the need for costly photo retouching services.
DIGITAL ICE for film
By removin the appearance of dust and scratches from slides, negatives, and medium-format film, DIGITAL ICE makes it easier than ever to achieve remarkable scans.
A complete photo restoration solution
In addition to DIGITAL ICE, you get a variety of innovative tools to take your images further. Use Epson-exclusive Easy Photo Fix to restore faded color photos, slides, and negatives back to their original brilliance with one touch. Also take advantage of the color management tools in Adobe Photoshop Elements to quickly restore your photos to ideal condition.
- Create extraordinary enlargements from film—6400 by 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17 by 22 inches
- Remove the appearance of dust and scratches from film and the appearance of tears and creases from photos with DIGITAL ICE
- Restore faded color photos with one touch using Epson Easy Photo Fix
- Scan slides, negatives, and medium-format panoramic film with built-in Transparency Unit
- Eenergy-efficient ReadyScan LED light source means no warmup time, faster scans, and lower power consumption
- Convert scanned documents into editable text with ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR
- Adobe Photoshop Elements included, to help edit and enhance your digital images
- Instantly scan, copy, scan-to-email, and create PDFs with four customizable buttons
- Innovative LED technology means no warmup time, no mercury, and lower power consumption
- Designed to be recyclable
Did you notice?Software included lets you restore faded color photos or make incredible enlargements from film.
Apple Recommends ForVersatile and extraordinary scans of photos, film, documents, or 3D objects at home or in the office. With innovative Epson technology, it’s easy for anyone to achieve remarkable results.
What's in the Box?
- Epson Perfection V600 Photo color scanner
- Transparency Unit (built into lid)
- Film holders for 35mm film strips, mounted slides, and medium-format film
- Scanner software CD-ROM (Includes Epson Scan with Epson Easy Photo Fix technology, Epson Event Manager, Epson Copy Utility, Adobe Photoshop Elements, ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements DVD
- Start Here poster
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 cable
- AC adapter and power cable
- Other Features: Negative Scanning,OCR Software Included
- Connections: USB 2.0
- Height: 4.6 in./11.68 cm
- Width: 11.0 in./27.94 cm
- Weight: 9.0 lb./4.08 kg
- Length: 19.0 in./48.26 cm
- Scanner resolution: 6400 by 9600 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 through v10.8
- PowerPC G3/G4/G5 (400MHz or faster) or Intel processor (1GHz or faster)
- 100MB of free hard-drive space
- 512MB of RAM
- Windows XP Professional x6/XP Home Edition/XP Professional/2000 Professional/Vista/7
- P4 or compatible processor (800MHz or faster)
- 90MB of free hard-drive space
- 1GB of RAM
- Mfr. Part Number: B11B198011
- UPC or EAN No.: 10343873568
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Epson V600 Photo Scanner
Love it, installed software in an old Mac OS X 10.5, my main objective was to scan old family 35mm slides. First try very reasonab Love it, installed software in an old Mac OS X 10.5, my main objective was to scan old family 35mm slides. First try very reasonable results, will need to color correct in photoshop, but to me thats normal. Nice looking unit fits right in with my other Epson products. It pays to buy things at the apple store if you us a Mac. …
- Written by Kelly A from bellport
186 of 194 people found this useful
Loaded up easily ..... easy to connect and scans photos perfectly!
- Written by JOANN M from RUTHERFORD
162 of 186 people found this useful
Easy installation from Epson online, not with the included CD if you have OS 10.7 or .8. Many options using the professional opti Easy installation from Epson online, not with the included CD if you have OS 10.7 or .8. Many options using the professional option, which I recommend to all users. The scans of positive and negative film are outstanding using a dpi of 4800 or higher. Faster scan time than the Canon scanner that this Epson replaced. Recommended. …
- Written by Theodore T from HONOLULU
103 of 110 people found this useful
Not for Mavericks
Epson has not written updates for scanners (Perfection series+?).
- Written by Gene M from Concord
4 of 4 people found this useful
Epson doesn't work well again
Like many recent Epson products, this too, is a major disappointment. The software does not load properly nor does the scanner wor Like many recent Epson products, this too, is a major disappointment. The software does not load properly nor does the scanner work easily. I will never buy another epson product. …
- Written by Judith R from Pearland
6 of 7 people found this useful
I received this scanner 7-17-13, the packing had omitted the power
cable connecting to the power adapter. long story short Epson I received this scanner 7-17-13, the packing had omitted the power
cable connecting to the power adapter. long story short Epson customer
service sent a brand new scanner same day I called free shipping along with an email to return other unit. Epson is a top rated company, 5 stars.
I have only used scanner to send a scanned document, was excellent quality.
I will find photo scanning uses in near future. …
- Written by Don C from Sherman
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is the Epson V600 compatible with Mavericks OS 10.9?
- Asked by Patrick M
- Oct 23, 2013
Unfortunately it is not. Epson currently recommends Image Capture as a work around, however, this on Unfortunately it is not. Epson currently recommends Image Capture as a work around, however, this only offers use of the v600 as a flatbed photo scanner vs. a negative scanner. Epson offers more information (but not much) on their site. …
- Answered by Lisa B from New York
- Oct 27, 2013
Does EpsonV600 Color Scanner have an automatic document feeder
- Asked by Janet K from Farmington
- Jul 11, 2011
- Answered by Raphael G
- Jan 7, 2012
How do you scan multiple pictures and have them separated in files?
- Asked by Sue S from Peoria
- Feb 4, 2012
You can crop the image in the software preview window before you scan and save each file separately You can crop the image in the software preview window before you scan and save each file separately or you can scan as a larger image and crop out each photo after the fact in an image editing software like Photoshop or Pixelmator. …
- Answered by Brian B from Montgomery
- Apr 20, 2012
does the slide holder hold more than one slide?
- Asked by Muriel W from Castlegar
- Mar 31, 2012
With the Transparency Adapter you can one of these 3 film types at a time.
35 mm mounted slides ( With the Transparency Adapter you can one of these 3 film types at a time.
35 mm mounted slides (4 slides)
35 mm film strips (12 frames - two strips of 6 frames)
Medium format strips 6x22 cm (2 frames) …
- Answered by Brian B from Montgomery
- Apr 20, 2012