Outstanding resolution for great enlargements
The Epson Perfection V600 Photo features 6400 by 9600 dpi hardware resolution for brilliant enlargements from film. With an optical resolution of 6400 dpi, plus a 3.4Dmax, it's easy to achieve amazing reproductions up to 17 by 22 inches. The V600 Photo also features a 48-bit depth for exceptional clarity and color.
With a built-in Transparency Unit, the Epson Perfection V600 Photo accommodates slides, negatives, and medium-format panoramic film up to 2.4 by 8.7 inches. This versatile performer makes it easy to scan virtually anything, from everyday documents to books, magazines, photos, and 3D objects.
DIGITAL ICE for prints
Powerful DIGITAL ICE technology removes the appearance of tears and creases from damaged photos, eliminating the need for costly photo retouching services.
DIGITAL ICE for film
By removin the appearance of dust and scratches from slides, negatives, and medium-format film, DIGITAL ICE makes it easier than ever to achieve remarkable scans.
A complete photo restoration solution
In addition to DIGITAL ICE, you get a variety of innovative tools to take your images further. Use Epson-exclusive Easy Photo Fix to restore faded color photos, slides, and negatives back to their original brilliance with one touch. Also take advantage of the color management tools in Adobe Photoshop Elements to quickly restore your photos to ideal condition.
- Create extraordinary enlargements from film—6400 by 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17 by 22 inches
- Remove the appearance of dust and scratches from film and the appearance of tears and creases from photos with DIGITAL ICE
- Restore faded color photos with one touch using Epson Easy Photo Fix
- Scan slides, negatives, and medium-format panoramic film with built-in Transparency Unit
- Eenergy-efficient ReadyScan LED light source means no warmup time, faster scans, and lower power consumption
- Convert scanned documents into editable text with ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR
- Adobe Photoshop Elements included, to help edit and enhance your digital images
- Instantly scan, copy, scan-to-email, and create PDFs with four customizable buttons
- Innovative LED technology means no warmup time, no mercury, and lower power consumption
- Designed to be recyclable
Did you notice?Software included lets you restore faded color photos or make incredible enlargements from film.
Apple Recommends ForVersatile and extraordinary scans of photos, film, documents, or 3D objects at home or in the office. With innovative Epson technology, it’s easy for anyone to achieve remarkable results.
What's in the Box?
- Epson Perfection V600 Photo color scanner
- Transparency Unit (built into lid)
- Film holders for 35mm film strips, mounted slides, and medium-format film
- Scanner software CD-ROM (Includes Epson Scan with Epson Easy Photo Fix technology, Epson Event Manager, Epson Copy Utility, Adobe Photoshop Elements, ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements DVD
- Start Here poster
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 cable
- AC adapter and power cable
- Connections : USB 2.0
- Height : 4.6 in./11.68 cm
- Width : 11.0 in./27.94 cm
- Weight : 9.0 lb./4.08 kg
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 through v10.8
- PowerPC G3/G4/G5 (400MHz or faster) or Intel processor (1GHz or faster)
- 100MB of free hard-drive space
- 512MB of RAM
- Windows XP Professional x6/XP Home Edition/XP Professional/2000 Professional/Vista/7
- P4 or compatible processor (800MHz or faster)
- 90MB of free hard-drive space
- 1GB of RAM
- Mfr. Part Number : B11B198011
- UPC or EAN No. : 10343873568
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Epson V600 Photo Scanner
Love it, installed software in an old Mac OS X 10.5, my main objective was to scan old family 35mm slides. First try very reasonab le results, will need to color correct in photoshop, but to me thats normal. Nice looking unit fits right in with my other Epson products. It pays to buy things at the apple store if you us a Mac. …
- Written by Kelly A from bellport
139 of 146 people found this useful
Loaded up easily ..... easy to connect and scans photos perfectly!
- Written by JOANN M from RUTHERFORD
138 of 158 people found this useful
Easy installation from Epson online, not with the included CD if you have OS 10.7 or .8. Many options using the professional opti on, which I recommend to all users. The scans of positive and negative film are outstanding using a dpi of 4800 or higher. Faster scan time than the Canon scanner that this Epson replaced. Recommended. …
- Written by Theodore T from HONOLULU
66 of 72 people found this useful
OCR SCANNER BEWARE
I spoke with not one but four (not my choice) people from Apple this afternoon about the new Epson Perfection V600 I purchased fro m the Apple site today. I specifically purchased this scanner because the literature states that it's compatible with Mac 10.7 and has the OCR software included in the purchase. Needless to say that wasn't the case. You will need to download the driver software from Epson's site, which is no hassle but you won't get ANY of the bundled software they go on and on about in the literature, you'll need to purchase additional OCR scan software such as ABBYY Fine Reader (which is suppose to be included in the purchase of this product) on your own dime. …
- Written by Jacqueline M from Red Wing
36 of 37 people found this useful
V600 photo scanner works great with Mountain Lion
Was concerned after reading reviews of problems re: downloading driver, connectivity issues, etc. but have experienced none. It wa s simple to do, just follow the directions and DON'T download from the CD that comes with the scanner.
It arrived in two day's time, after ordering online, awesome! I have purchased several scanners over the years and Epson is my preferable brand. Great job as a scanner, simple to install. …
- Written by LISA L P from Marietta
15 of 17 people found this useful
Awful Experience (new V370)
After 3 tries with a different Epson V370 Scanner, I through in the towel and decided to no longer do business with them. It woul d never scan my color negatives correctly; if I tried to scan 4 or 5 frames, the photos would be split or divided with a bunch of partial pictures. They never could tell me why I couldn't get 4 or 5 complete frames, even after 2.5 hours on the phone with the technician. …
- Written by THOMAS MICHAEL S from PALM BAY
13 of 25 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is the Epson V600 scanner fully functional with LION, including ICE and the scanning software that comes shrink wrapped?
- Asked by Russ H from Seattle
- Mar 22, 2012
- Asked by Janet K from Farmington
- Jul 11, 2011
- Answered by Raphael G
- Jan 7, 2012
- Asked by Sue S from Peoria
- Feb 4, 2012
You can crop the image in the software preview window before you scan and save each file separately or you can scan as a larger image and crop out each photo after the fact in an image editing software like Photoshop or Pixelmator. …
- Answered by Brian B from Montgomery
- Apr 20, 2012
- Asked by Muriel W from Castlegar
- Mar 31, 2012
With the Transparency Adapter you can one of these 3 film types at a time.
35 mm mounted slides ( 4 slides)
35 mm film strips (12 frames - two strips of 6 frames)
Medium format strips 6x22 cm (2 frames) …
- Answered by Brian B from Montgomery
- Apr 20, 2012