Never replace batteries again with Mobee's magical wireless inductive charger for the Magic Mouse. The sleek and unobtrusive design lets your mouse rest easy on a sleek charging station that plugs in to a USB port. The set up takes just a minute.
A full charge takes approximately five hours and then lasts and lasts for worry-free pointing and clicking. Have to travel? No worries, because a full charge will last about six days. And if your trip is longer, the slim device is easily portable.
- Six days of autonomous power on a full charge
- Easy set up—can be completed in a minute
- USB powered
- Slim and light, so it's ideal for mobile users
- Go green and stop replacing AA batteries
Did you notice?A steady green LED means you’re fully charged and ready for action.
Apple Recommends ForUninterrupted use of your Magic Mouse without having to hunt down AA batteries.
What's in the Box?
- Battery pack
- Base station
- Mini USB cable
- Connections: USB
- Height: 0.35 in./0.9cm
- Width: 2.55 in./6.5cm
- Weight: 1.94 oz./55g (Base station); 1.30 oz./37g (Replacement battery pack)
- Length: 4.64 in./11.8cm
- Mfr. Part Number: M02212
- UPC or EAN No.: 661799027915
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
More of an $$$ gadget than useful
I bought 2 of these units for our iMacs. The initial install was OK and the unit worked. The specs said that it works up to 6 da I bought 2 of these units for our iMacs. The initial install was OK and the unit worked. The specs said that it works up to 6 days without a recharge, so I decided to push it and see how long it goes. After 4 days, the Mac battery level was reading 9%, so I decided to charge it. The first overnight charge was OK, back to 100% and the light on the charger was solid green. The 2nd (and subsequent) charges worked, but the green flashing light did not go solid.
My test was to turn off the mouse and let it charge. It worked and the green light went solid after a night charge. When the mouse is left on (on/off switch), then the charger thinks it's not fully charged and keeps flashing.
A few things to remember:
- The unit comes with a USB cable for charging, but no charger. They assume that you will use your Mac or laptop to charge it. If your Mac goes to sleep, the port goes dead and you can not charge the unit. You need an external power supply such as iPhone charger.
- Rechargeable batteries are 1.25 volts rather than 1.5 volts of a AA battery, so your battery gauge on the Mac is inaccurate.
- Since the unit uses electronics for charging, your battery is even smaller and has less of a lifetime than 2 AA rechargeables. I recommend charging every other night to be safe.
Their tech support says that it's working the way it should, and if I turn off the mouse while charging, or take the battery back out and leave it on the charger by itself (their suggestion) the light goes to solid green but if I leave the mouse on, the light keeps flashing. I personally don't know anyone who turns off their mouse or takes the batteries out every night. …
- Written by Sean A from Escondido
1399 of 1513 people found this useful
Works great when it works. When it doesn't, contact Mobee.
I had my Mobee Charger since it was released (about 6-7 weeks). Initially, it worked great. It would charge without issues and my I had my Mobee Charger since it was released (about 6-7 weeks). Initially, it worked great. It would charge without issues and my Magic Mouse stayed connected. At about 4 weeks, I started having issues with the mouse disconnecting. This problem became more frequent until then it would not even charge correctly. I contacted Mobee and they agreed that I had a defective product. They promptly replaced it (kudos to them), and so far it has worked well for the past week or so. Let's hope I just got unlucky and that this replacement will continue to work well. …
- Written by Camilo M from Arcadia
656 of 735 people found this useful
Amazing product !!!
I have an office of 26 employees who use the magic mouse daily , the Mobee magic charger saves us money and time ,and ofcourse its I have an office of 26 employees who use the magic mouse daily , the Mobee magic charger saves us money and time ,and ofcourse its GREEN ! keep up the good work MOBEE !...We do need a charger for keyboard too plz ! …
- Written by jonathan S
457 of 617 people found this useful
Only to Help Nature...
Only to Help Nature... Rubbish battery! If you do not mind having to recharge every two days or less... went to waste in less than Only to Help Nature... Rubbish battery! If you do not mind having to recharge every two days or less... went to waste in less than 6 months. …
- Written by Ivan C from Quebec
Poor Product matches their customer service!
I purchased 15 of these for my department and have had endless problems, bluetooth connection drops, poor fitting batteries, and t I purchased 15 of these for my department and have had endless problems, bluetooth connection drops, poor fitting batteries, and to top it off when I contacted Mobee they don't honour their warranty for defective product.
So as a company that promotes themselves as a "green company", there is nothing green about producing product that simply end up in a landfill site.
Disappointing, to say the least! …
- Written by Paul T from Midland
1 of 1 people found this useful
waste of money!!!!!
It sounds great and looks great but it does not work. It is the most frustrating product I have ever bought from Apple.
Every It sounds great and looks great but it does not work. It is the most frustrating product I have ever bought from Apple.
Every few minutes it loses the connection to the computer and it never gets fully charged no matter how long I leave it on the charging station. I wished I returned it.
Don't make the same mistake I did. Does not work as promised and you will lose valuable work time reconnecting the mouse over and over again. …
- Written by Tracey W from Brooklyn
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do you sell just the component that goes into the Mouse? Our office was broken into and they took the Mouse's with the mobee inserts
- Asked by Maria N from Melbourne
- May 4, 2015
Does this work with the older Magic Mouse model: A1296?
- Asked by Peter H from Toronto
- Apr 25, 2014
Magic Mouse model: A1296 3Vdc, fails to operate normally.
- Answered by Ibrahim M from Tamap
- May 30, 2015
Should the magic mouse be on or off when being charged?
- Asked by Dennis S
- Aug 2, 2011
There should be no significant difference. For convenience, you might as well just leave the mouse o There should be no significant difference. For convenience, you might as well just leave the mouse on. …
- Answered by Alexander B from Kingston
- Aug 28, 2011
How long does it take to charge the batteries?
- Asked by Janis L from Terre Haute
- Feb 17, 2012
Can the batteries be charged at any time or do they need to be low before charging?
- Asked by Kevin K from Long Beach
- Jan 2, 2012
Yes, you can charge the battery at any time, you don't need to wait a low battery
- Answered by Mobee T
- Jan 13, 2012
How many charge cycles are specified for the battery pack?
- Asked by Harald G. S
- May 6, 2011
500 cycles as-per-website video...
- Answered by Brian M from Anchorage
- May 22, 2011