The Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air is the ultimate AirPlay wireless audio system. It uses drive unit technologies and design principles refined and perfected for Bowers & Wilkins' most advanced reference-standard speakers.
Apple AirPlay technology allows music to be streamed wirelessly from your Mac to Zeppelin Air. You can even stream high-quality audio directly from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch - without docking. If you have more than one Zeppelin Air, you can use them as an elegant multi-room system.
AirPlay is compatible with iOS 4.2 or later on iPad, iPod touch (2nd generation or later) and iPhone (3GS or later). Mac and PC connectivity requires iTunes 10.1 or later.
Sounds as good as it looks
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin re-wrote the rules for speaker docks. Zeppelin Air provides a seismic shift in audio performance. It retains the original Zeppelin's classic shape, but internally it's been completely redesigned. Compared to the original multi-award winning Zeppelin it has improved dynamics, punchier bass and a more open, lifelike presentation with highly detailed, room-filling sound.
Just tap, swipe and play.
Use the Remote app for iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to take charge of your tunes - remotely. Plus, the docking port cleverly accommodates a variety iPhone and iPod models with a spring-loaded docking arm that flexes to secure them and charge them without adapters or adjustment.
Download the Remote app free from the App Store.
- Superb, room-filling sound
- AirPlay for high-resolution wireless audio streaming
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing for high-quality sound
- Five high-quality amplifiers
- Tweeters derived from award-winning MM-1 computer speakers
- Internal subwoofer centrally located for bass with power and authority
- Quick and easy to set up
- Add more units for elegant multi-room system
- Docking arm that lets you grasp your iPod or iPhone
- Spring-loaded docking connector flexes to accommodate various iPod or iPhone models
Did you notice?If you have more than one Zeppelin Air, you can use them in an elegant multi-room system.
Apple Recommends ForTop-of-the-range audio performance, classical style and the most advanced audio streaming technologies for Mac, iPad, IPhone and iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Zeppelin Air Airplay Wireless Audio System
- Power Cord
- Connections : AirPlay,Headphone port
- Speaker Configurations : 2.1
- Height : 265mm
- Width : 685mm
- Weight : 6.12kg
- Length : 275mm
- Mfr. Part Number : FP30570
- UPC or EAN No. : 714346311996
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : Two-year limited (For details, please visit: www.bowers-wilkins.com)
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Best Speaker System Ever
I have been using the Zeppelin for hours and hours, and I must say it is far superior to ANY competition. Originally, I was lookin g at getting the Bose SoundDock 10. But when I listened to the Bose, I was not as pleased. I am very confident in saying that this is the best sound system that there is to offer. It is very balanced, and even shows up on the ipod with a speaker EQ for bass, and some ipod settings. It was great that you could turn up and down the bass. I am very pleased with Bowers and Wilkins, and will be getting a lot more products by this company. B&W by far is the leading speaker brand for anything you may need. I would recommend them to anyone. …
- Written by Elizabeth M from Charlotte
566 of 634 people found this useful
B&W Zeppelin air
The online reviews of this don't do it justice. The sound is truly amazing for an ipod/iphone dock and I could honestly give it a nod over a decent home stereo as it's simply that good. The only reason I can't go 5 stars is the occasional drop out of the air play. It's possible it's my home network, but I was honestly hoping it would be a little stronger than what it is. Overall though, the occasional drop out was far outweighed by the sound.
I didn't find airplay set up too hard, just connected it to my imac via the supplied ethernet cable and followed the diagrams that were provided. Pretty sure I was up and running in about 5 mins. B&W have done it again with this one and I'm very happy to have it! …
- Written by Jeremy B from Tulsa
345 of 396 people found this useful
Great product, difficuly wireless setup
Packaging is beautiful. And the hardware design is stunning. Very solid and it looks great in any room. Obviously, it is very easy to get going. Plug it in the wall, hook up an iPod, and you’re off.
HOWEVER, getting it on the network was a problem. Followed the instructions to a T. I kept ending up with a red flashing light. I reset, reset, reset to no avail. I started getting quite frustrated. Finally, I just began turning it on and off and it eventually showed up in iTunes. No idea how or why and I can’t recall the steps so it can be reproduced. Just glad I got it going. Works fine now from my iPhone and MacBook Pro.
Initial feeling is that the sound is great but needs some breaking in to get to max enjoyment. …
- Written by James H from Franklin
306 of 383 people found this useful
Best Ipod Dock Ever!!!
The sound this piece of art produces is nothing i have ever heard before. This is a dock for an audiophile, like me. The sound is so clear and sharp . The sound also stays contained within a space. So if you live in apartment, like i do, you can listen to it without worrying if you are disturbing your neighbours. I recommend it to all!! …
- Written by Ruben D from Woolloomooloo
Great Sound -- Horrible Connectivity
Had this device for almost 2 years and my experience with it - Connectivity spotty. SOngs cut in and out -- Been thru 2 different wi-fi systems and 2 homes so definitely the Zeppelin and not wi-fi. …
- Written by Jeff K from Calabasas
Very good sound; some limitations
This is an excellent product. With proper setup and placement, it will impress. But...
- don't put it close against a wall, b ecause the rear-ported speakers will show some severe bass distortion
- don't assume that your old Mac is fully compatible. No streaming from iTunes on your 2010 Mac running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, for example.
- Airplay setup is not quite as seamless as this Apple user has come to expect. no word on compatibility with future wireless standard compatibility, either
- Since Apple has switched away from the old 30-pin dock connector, your new Lightning-connector iPhone or iPod won't dock. Since one is forced to use a cable adapter with their new Apple gadget, it would be nice if the adapter matched in color, or better yet, if it was easy to remove the dock arm and plug in the back without an electrical degree or without resorting to the analogue inputs.
- we are afraid to use an iPad on this dock. let's face it, even though this dock arm is stout, the Apple connector simply doesn't offer the mechanical robustness i want to see. You will end up using the iPad wirelessly, which then leaves you to look at an empty dock sticking out of what is otherwise a very sleek design.
- This is a premium speaker, designed by some of the world's best acoustic engineers. What a letdown to see that this expensive little unit is made in China. B&W, please either pass on the savings to your customer or update the Zeppelin to eliminate the many little issues that keep it from being a great value (yes, we understand that many issues are Apple's fault - i.e., changing dock connector, inconsistent dock connector placement, etc). …
- Written by J R from Everett
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Andrea F from Brooklyn
- Nov 11, 2012
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins A7 AirPlay Wireles…
I've had both and enjoyed the Zeppelin, but replaced it with the A7. I wish I had taken the time to listen to them side by side, but I difference was still clear when I received the A7. I don't have the vocabulary of the audiophiles, so I'll do the best I can. There's absolutely no distortion with the A7 even at full volume whereas the Zeppelin distorted ever so slightly. I was also able to enjoy a more spacious sound from the A7 and more pronounced bass. I'd guess it's due to the new design. As I'm writing this review, I listening to a Tracy Chappman track and she sounds lie she's sitting in the room with me. Everything is so unbelievably clear. I warned you my vocab was less than par...Anyways, I hope this helps:) …
- Answered by Edward R from Damascus
- Nov 18, 2012
how to connect Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Air speakers to Mac Book Air computer when computer has no ethernet port?
- Asked by Thomas B from Fort Collins
- Dec 8, 2011
Zeppelin Air has it's own temporary wireless network which you can access from your browser . Detail s are in Bowers & Wilkins online manual.This will enable you to set up Airplay without using an ethernet cable .
p.s. Zeppelin Air will only join a network with an alphanumeric password . If you have any symbols in your home network password you'll need to remove them or set up a guest account without any . Hopefully this will be sorted with a firmware update . …
- Answered by Ian T
- Dec 14, 2011
- Asked by Jorge F
- Jan 22, 2013
It has the 30pin connector not a lighting connector so you would not be able to dock the iPad mini, but setting up the speaker for airplay is very easy and as long as your ipad mini is connected to wifi it is easy to play to the speaker from the ipad mini …
- Answered by Jace L from Orlando
- Feb 28, 2013
No. Mine came with only the power cord and remote.
- Answered by Mohideen W from Springfield
- Feb 26, 2013
- Asked by Tom C
- Nov 7, 2012
You connect to a WiFi network via an app that you can download to an iPhone/iPad/iPod (touch) or to a Mac computer. This enables you to configure your Zeppelin Air for the specific WiFi network that you are using. I have an encrypted and hidden WiFi network that requires a password at home and found the process rather easy. The entire process took about 10 minutes, start to finish. The app is intuitive, includes demonstrations in case you feel out of your league, and provides easy feedback to the user.
Since I installed the app and configured for my WiFi I have had no problems. I run my Zeppelin primarily from my phone and also make use of the AUX input so that I have stereo from my TV. Now when I watch a movie from my iPhone/iPad/Mac it plays on the TV via the AppleTV and the sound runs through the Zeppelin!! …
- Answered by Harris B from Sharjah
- Jan 23, 2013