Belkin's TuneCast Auto Live uses the ClearScan Live App to provide the best FM scanning technology at the push of a button, along with station recommendations from other TuneCast Auto Live users in your area based on your GPS coordinates.
- iPod- and iPhone-compatible
- ClearScan technology scans for the clearest frequency and best audio quality at the push of a button
- ClearScan Live application available for free download from the App Store in iTunes
- Control FM transmission and music from your iPhone screen
- Two programmable preset buttons
- High-contrast LCD display for easy viewing
- Charges through your car's 12-volt lighter outlet
Did you notice?Belkin’s TuneCast Auto Live is the only FM Transmitter with GPS-Assisted Station Locator.
Apple Recommends ForConveniently play music from your iPhone or iPod in the car.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin TuneCast Auto Live
- User manual
- Other Features: Charging, Preset Buttons, Station Scanning
- Height: 14.4 in./36.6 cm
- Width: 2.62 in./6.7 cm
- Weight: .16 lb./72.57 g
- Length: 1.03 in./2.6 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: F8Z498-P
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868787595
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Works well within limits
This product works well as long as you are in an area with open frequencies. You won't find an open frequency in a large city lik This product works well as long as you are in an area with open frequencies. You won't find an open frequency in a large city like Toronto.
I have an older car without an AUX input so this is really my only way to play the iPod/iPhone through the car stereo and I have found it worked on long trips, but not for every day driving around the city. …
- Written by Graeme M from Toronto
189 of 210 people found this useful
It is consistently staticy and sometimes wont even stay on. So expensive for the quality
- Written by Carolina P from Palo Alto
155 of 172 people found this useful
I wish i could return and take my money back! Does not work most of the times and when it does the sound quality is bad! I would r I wish i could return and take my money back! Does not work most of the times and when it does the sound quality is bad! I would rather pay double and have a reliable (as promised at least) system than system! …
- Written by ELIAS S from ATHENS
140 of 155 people found this useful
"Do Not Leave In A Hot (Or Cool) Car"
This FM Transmitter works pretty well. I used it a bit less than a year and it worked about the same as any of the 4 FM transmitte This FM Transmitter works pretty well. I used it a bit less than a year and it worked about the same as any of the 4 FM transmitters I've owned. It was no better and no worse than the other brands I've used - which ranged from very cheap to rather expensive. This model in particular was fairly easy to use and I liked the button that instantly scanned for clear stations. Of course, station selection and availability of a static-free station are the keys to a good listening experience on ANY transmitter. I'm sure the available partner ClearScan App would make station selection easier, which is a huge plus for new (and old) owners. When I was using this model on daily basis, I wasn't aware of the App (or it wasn't available yet).
One BIG Warning: Leaving this device in my car completely fried the display. Which, surprisingly, didn't happen in the middle of summer. It was wintertime when the display went out. I do live in the southern US, but my car stays in the shade most of the time. I've read that constantly leaving these devices connected to the car (in general) can damage them, but mine was only plugged in during use, so I don't believe that was the issue. I was browsing for a new transmitter when I saw this one available and thought, "Wow, how did that earn a place in the Apple Store?" - but now, with the App, I guess the display being fried is inconsequential. But still, I feel like it could possibly be unreliable. If the display doesn't last, how long before the whole thing stops working? …
- Written by Kathy J from North wilkesboro
Works ok - but doesn't last long
Been thru 2 of these in the last 2 years. sounds ok, but same issue - it starts falling apart after a few months. Kind of expensiv Been thru 2 of these in the last 2 years. sounds ok, but same issue - it starts falling apart after a few months. Kind of expensive to replace every 6-12 months at $70 a piece.
I'm going to look for a better one next time. …
- Written by Anthony K from La Jolla
I used this for 2 years before it stopped working and I will be buying another. I had used a different brand before this one that I used this for 2 years before it stopped working and I will be buying another. I had used a different brand before this one that broke after 6 months.
It's very easy to use and the sound quality is pretty good. Where I live there are certain intersections where I will always get static but those are the breaks I guess. I'm sure it would happen with any brand. I like that it is a decent length cord and you don't have to mount it to your car. Just my preference.
I originally used it with my iPhone 4 and had to buy the lightening adapter when I switched to iPhone 5.
All in all, a pretty decent buy. …
- Written by Elizabeth H from Toronto
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this work with the new Ipod Nano?
- Asked by Rodney P from Hampton
- Jan 19, 2013
No answers yet
do you need an aux plug.
- Asked by Ann A from Chester
- Dec 19, 2011
- Answered by Neal P from Waukesha
- Nov 20, 2012
Does this work in my car if I have XM radio?
- Asked by Felicia J R from Los Angeles
- Nov 14, 2011
As long as your car radio is also capable of picking up FM broadcasts, then the Tunecast wil work. X As long as your car radio is also capable of picking up FM broadcasts, then the Tunecast wil work. XM radio is a satellite radio service that is typically added to a car system that also has an AM/FM radio in it as well, so I imagine the Tunecast will work just fine. …
- Answered by James C from Whitmore Lake
- Sep 20, 2013
Does this device charge the IPhone 5?
- Asked by Mary Grace B from Honolulu
- Nov 27, 2012
Yes owned it for a couple of years and just bought the iPhone 5. With the lighting to 30 pin adapte Yes owned it for a couple of years and just bought the iPhone 5. With the lighting to 30 pin adapter it works great. Make sure you buy the Apple white one. I bought a second adapter with a cord black knock off and it charged but you couldn't hear music had to send it back and buy a second white one. One for car and one for home. …
- Answered by Brenda D from Whittier
- Dec 13, 2012