The Arcticroc 2-Bay Tower RAID system provides up to 4 Terabytes of disk storage with HFS+ formatting, hot-swappable drives and transfer speeds of 3 Gbit/s to and from the host.
- Easy installation with HFS+ formatting for Mac
- Configures RAID modes via mode switch: no IT expertise required
- Provides flexible connections including eSATA, USB 2.0, FireWire 800 and FireWire 400 ports
- Hard drives are hot-swappable
- Allows hardware RAID mode settings for effective storage management
- Supports RAID 0 (Striping), RAID 1 (Spanning), and JBOD (just a bunch of disks) modes
- Ensures data integrity with redundant backup capability
- Quiet operation and maximized airflow with silent fan
- Sleek design
Did you notice?You get HFS+ formatting plus compatibility with Time Machine.
Apple Recommends ForBacking up video, audio, photo and general data files with maximum data integrity.
What's in the Box?
- Rocstor Arcticroc 2T with two 2TB hard drives
- USB 2.0, eSATA, FireWire 400 (1394a) and FireWire 800 (1394b) cables
- AC power adapter
- Quick install guide
- Eight HDD screws, two spare HDD screws, two handles
- Connections: eSATA,Firewire 400,Firewire 800,USB 2.0
- Height: 8.4 in./21.3 cm
- Weight: 3.6 lb./1.35 kg (without hard drives) 5.3 lb./2.0 kg (with two hard drives)
- Length: 5.0 in./12.6 cm
- Mac OS 9.x or later (PowerPC-based systems); Mac OS X v10.6x (Intel Core Duo-based systems)
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
- Mfr. Part Number: R320Q2-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 876910004731
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent Reliability & Customer Service
Rocstor is a great customer-service oriented company and Arcticroc a great plug-'n-play, Mac-style product. I had an external Rocs Rocstor is a great customer-service oriented company and Arcticroc a great plug-'n-play, Mac-style product. I had an external Rocstor RAID that I purchased in 2008, which failed after the warranty. Despite the warranty being out, Rocstor replaced it for free with one of these Arcticroc units (a 1TB variety). I have since replaced the dual 500GB drives with dual 2TB drives, and purchased an additional 4TB Arcticroc for 8TB total external storage.
The drives are easy to swap out. You just pop the top cover off the unit, slide out the drives, and then pop in new drives. If you don't have an extra set of rails, then you have to switch the rails to the new drives, which involves 4 screws (not hard). So I would suggest picking up an extra set of drive rails (you can order them from Rocstor). That makes it easy to have a backup set of drives that you keep in a safe deposit box in case of fire/theft.
I've had it in use for Time Machine on my Mac Pro and it has worked like a champ for months and months. Don't forget to also use a UPS power supply!
Five stars... Highly recommended! …
- Written by Jonathan G from Portland
25 of 26 people found this useful
Great Storage System!
Recently, I've bought this RAID system that holds two 2TB HDDs and it works great! Because it has 4 types of interfaces, I don't Recently, I've bought this RAID system that holds two 2TB HDDs and it works great! Because it has 4 types of interfaces, I don't have to worry about which interfaces my host systems have or anything. I have both a MacBook Pro, Asus laptop, PC desktop, and mobile 2.5 HDDs. Sometimes I use eSATA to connect between the RAID system & Asus or PC. Other times I use Firewire to connect between the RAID system & My Mac. Of course, the USB 2.0 is universal & in all my mobile HDDs, so I love it! Plus the RAID management is easily to set & oversee. This is definitely not one of those cheap mock storage systems! …
- Written by Diana C from Fountain Valley
53 of 58 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can i connect this External drive to two computers at the same time? like my mac book pro an my windows xp based computer?
- Asked by Jorge C from Danville
- Sep 29, 2013
No answers yet
Can I use this product as an external drive connected to our Airport Extreme (actually it's a time capsule) for time Machine backups?
- Asked by Jd C from Virginia Beach
- Jun 18, 2013
No answers yet
Can this RAID system be used both as a Time Machine disk and as a hard drive storage disk for independent files?
- Asked by Richard F from Hilliard
- Oct 10, 2010
yes; Like any external disks that are setup with timemachine you can still use the drive like a norm yes; Like any external disks that are setup with timemachine you can still use the drive like a normal external drive. However its better if you use diskutility and create two partitions so that you can keep timemachine on one and one partition for whatever else you want …
- Answered by Freddy A from Huntington Beach
- Nov 1, 2010