The latest version of this top-selling, award-winning product, Drive Genius 3 delivers more power, more Speed, and more options—including DrivePulse, Enhanced Defrag, DriveSlim, and Enhanced Repartition.
- DrivePulse monitors the overall health of your drive, alerting you to possible issues before they become major problems
- Runs as a 64-bit application on Mac OS v10.6 or later with a compatible 64-bit processor.
- Even better defragmentation of your files and even more fragmentation information in a new user interface
- You can get E-mail notifications when long-running tasks complete and you are away from your computer
- Support for hardware RAID and Apple's software RAID
- Integrity check finds problems before they find you with comprehensive hardware verification tests
- Stop prying eyes with DoD-compliant (5220.22 - m) secure erase; removes all traces of data from free space
- DriveSlim frees up more space on your hard drive with Duplicate Files Search, Large Files Search, Language Support Removal and Universal Binary slimming
- Quickly fix corruption and errors to get your damaged drive up and running fast
Did you notice?This software can keep tabs on your drive's overall health and alert you to possible issues before they become major problems. Drive Genius has won top awards from MacLife, MacWorld and other magazines, including the 5-Star Editor's Choice award from Macworld UK.
Apple Recommends ForRepair and maintenance of your Mac's drive.
What's in the Box?
- ProSoft Drive Genius 3 bootable DVD software
- Mac OS X v10.6.8, v10.7, v10.8
- Intel processor
- 1GB RAM minimum
- Mfr. Part Number: 3100
- UPC or EAN No.: 794038631007
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Great utility to have!
I cannot believe I am the first to review this here! I have 20+ years in IT and know a valuable program when I see it. You might I cannot believe I am the first to review this here! I have 20+ years in IT and know a valuable program when I see it. You might be misled into thinking nothing will ever go wrong, but drives do get corrupt and fragmentation does happen with drives slowing down. Drive Genius has many valuable programs any one in itself worth the price. The prior version saved me and this version 3 is wonderful. My drives are monitored automatically once I turn on DrivePluse and the defrag works wonders. Personally I could not believe the difference in performance. Changing partitions is cool too. The key here I want to stress is preventive maintenance and integrity checking. The program interface is beautifully done visually and is reassuring. The company is very nice , something that is important to me. …
- Written by Andrew P from Staten Island
169 of 176 people found this useful
DRIVE GENIUS 3
Drive Genius is one nifty hard drive utility. Incredibly user-friendly. It offers the very best tune-up I have ever seen for the M Drive Genius is one nifty hard drive utility. Incredibly user-friendly. It offers the very best tune-up I have ever seen for the Mac platform. [now 20+ years with the Mac] The Defrag, DriveSlim and Repartition [on the fly] features alone are well worth the cost! NO wonder at all that Apple ProCare uses it for a yearly makeover! …
- Written by douglas w S from Honolulu
119 of 124 people found this useful
Responsive Technical Support
This is an easy to use program which keeps my drives in good condition. It has an intuitive interface which is easily navigated. This is an easy to use program which keeps my drives in good condition. It has an intuitive interface which is easily navigated. When I had a technical question, their technical support team promptly responded to my email. They even called me to be sure I understood how to create a disk image bootable disk.
I feel more confident using a product which is backed by a caring and responsive technical support team. …
- Written by DONALD E from Memphis
110 of 116 people found this useful
I normally never write software reviews, but this program warrants it.
I love Drive Genius. Anything that Disk Utility (and com I normally never write software reviews, but this program warrants it.
I love Drive Genius. Anything that Disk Utility (and command-line Diskutil) cannot do, Drive Genius does. And it's quick too. It what Disk Utility can do, Drive Genius does so much quicker.
Plus, I love how it monitors your drives for their SMART status and whatnot. It automatically alerts you of problems and attempts to fix them. It gives so much peace of mind, even with a backup!
I cannot recommend this software enough. …
- Written by Joseph R from Las Vegas
0 of 1 people found this useful
Worked great until one OS update from Apple; then most of the useful functions were disabled.
- Written by robert D from Littleton
2 of 4 people found this useful
Had problems using some features of Drive Genius with OS Maveric! Could not unmount Mac Hard Drive!
Called them several times and Had problems using some features of Drive Genius with OS Maveric! Could not unmount Mac Hard Drive!
Called them several times and they were relentless about solving my issues.
Spoke to several tech support persons, finally one remote connected into my computer and like magic problems were solved!
Great product, great tech support department who is easily accessible in the US without waiting hours to get a tech.
Could not be happier with company and product!! …
- Written by Barry S from White Plains
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this compatible with version 10.9.2?
- Asked by Alicia C from Bradenton
- Apr 23, 2014
yes, it is . Drive Genius 3.2.3 is compatible with Mavericks.
- Answered by Prosoft S from Cupertino
- Apr 24, 2014
Is this product useful on SSD?
- Asked by Mike M from Boynton Beach
- Aug 18, 2011
You can use Drive Genius 3 on a SSD drive, however it is not recommended to use the defrag tool on S You can use Drive Genius 3 on a SSD drive, however it is not recommended to use the defrag tool on SSD drives according to Intel's website.
All other tools like , repair , repartition, drive slim , duplicate and other work just fine.
Here is Intel's FAQ on defragging:
SSD devices, unlike traditional HDDs, see no performance benefit from traditional HDD defragmentation tools. Using these tools simply adds unnecessary wear to the SSD. It is recommended that you disable any automatic or scheduled defragmentation utilities for your Intel SSD. …
- Answered by Prosoft S from Pleasanton
- Aug 22, 2011
does it work with osx 10.9.1?
- Asked by Jeff O from Dearborn
- Feb 19, 2014
Yes, Drive Genius 3 is compatible with Mac OS 10.9.1 .
- Answered by Prosoft S from Cupertino
- Feb 20, 2014
Can it Defrag your boot disk?
- Asked by Mark B from Cupertino
- May 17, 2012
No version of Drive Genius will defrag your system disk if you run the application from the same sys No version of Drive Genius will defrag your system disk if you run the application from the same system disk you are attempting to defrag. You must boot your Mac from the Drive Genius DVD and run the software from there or boot from an external or secondary bootable drive that has the Drive Genius software on it. All versions (at least recently) support that method. …
- Answered by Paul K from Atlanta
- Jan 1, 2014
Does this v.3 work with Mac OS10.8 (mountain Lion?)
- Asked by William G P from Juneau
- Oct 21, 2012
Will ProSoft Drive Genius work on my 2010 iMac i5 machine?
- Asked by Steven C
- Sep 26, 2011
Yes it will and be sure to get the latest version of the boot dvd.
- Answered by Valorie K from Pleasanton
- Nov 2, 2011