The latest version of this top-selling, award-winning product, Drive Genius 3 delivers more power, more Speed, and more options—including DrivePulse, Enhanced Defrag, DriveSlim, and Enhanced Repartition.
- DrivePulse monitors the overall health of your drive, alerting you to possible issues before they become major problems
- Runs as a 64-bit application on Mac OS v10.6 or later with a compatible 64-bit processor.
- Even better defragmentation of your files and even more fragmentation information in a new user interface
- You can get E-mail notifications when long-running tasks complete and you are away from your computer
- Support for hardware RAID and Apple's software RAID
- Integrity check finds problems before they find you with comprehensive hardware verification tests
- Stop prying eyes with DoD-compliant (5220.22 - m) secure erase; removes all traces of data from free space
- DriveSlim frees up more space on your hard drive with Duplicate Files Search, Large Files Search, Language Support Removal and Universal Binary slimming
- Quickly fix corruption and errors to get your damaged drive up and running fast
Did you notice?This software can keep tabs on your drive's overall health and alert you to possible issues before they become major problems. Drive Genius has won top awards from MacLife, MacWorld and other magazines, including the 5-Star Editor's Choice award from Macworld UK.
Apple Recommends ForRepair and maintenance of your Mac's drive.
What's in the Box?
- ProSoft Drive Genius 3 bootable DVD software
- Mac OS X v10.6.8, v10.7, v10.8
- Intel processor
- 1GB RAM minimum
- Mfr. Part Number: 3100
- UPC or EAN No.: 794038631007
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Great utility to have!
I cannot believe I am the first to review this here! I have 20+ years in IT and know a valuable program when I see it. You might I cannot believe I am the first to review this here! I have 20+ years in IT and know a valuable program when I see it. You might be misled into thinking nothing will ever go wrong, but drives do get corrupt and fragmentation does happen with drives slowing down. Drive Genius has many valuable programs any one in itself worth the price. The prior version saved me and this version 3 is wonderful. My drives are monitored automatically once I turn on DrivePluse and the defrag works wonders. Personally I could not believe the difference in performance. Changing partitions is cool too. The key here I want to stress is preventive maintenance and integrity checking. The program interface is beautifully done visually and is reassuring. The company is very nice , something that is important to me. …
- Written by Andrew P from Staten Island
157 of 163 people found this useful
DRIVE GENIUS 3
Drive Genius is one nifty hard drive utility. Incredibly user-friendly. It offers the very best tune-up I have ever seen for the M Drive Genius is one nifty hard drive utility. Incredibly user-friendly. It offers the very best tune-up I have ever seen for the Mac platform. [now 20+ years with the Mac] The Defrag, DriveSlim and Repartition [on the fly] features alone are well worth the cost! NO wonder at all that Apple ProCare uses it for a yearly makeover! …
- Written by douglas w S from Honolulu
113 of 117 people found this useful
Responsive Technical Support
This is an easy to use program which keeps my drives in good condition. It has an intuitive interface which is easily navigated. This is an easy to use program which keeps my drives in good condition. It has an intuitive interface which is easily navigated. When I had a technical question, their technical support team promptly responded to my email. They even called me to be sure I understood how to create a disk image bootable disk.
I feel more confident using a product which is backed by a caring and responsive technical support team. …
- Written by DONALD E from Memphis
107 of 112 people found this useful
Satisfaction with Drive Genius 3 and the support
I am very very satisfied with the Programme that i have bought 2 years ago and it helps me very often and more i am very satisfied I am very very satisfied with the Programme that i have bought 2 years ago and it helps me very often and more i am very satisfied with the good the very good help from the Support of Prosoft Engineering. Thank you so much for their rapid help. …
- Written by Franz H from Salzburg
Excellent Product and Customer Service
I've used drive Genius on occasion—preventive maintenance and some corrective efforts. It's been a very useful product. As a cus I've used drive Genius on occasion—preventive maintenance and some corrective efforts. It's been a very useful product. As a customer (since 2009), I've been pretty low-maintenance. Recently however, I was having difficulty accessing the download for a software update. I sent an email to Customer Service and received the information (reply email) I needed within a day. Thanks guys; you rock! …
- Written by Clifford G from Germantown
Honestly must have software
My SSD crashed and data recovery costs start at about $500. So I bought Drive Genius 3 instead. I successfully copied all of my My SSD crashed and data recovery costs start at about $500. So I bought Drive Genius 3 instead. I successfully copied all of my files from a "bad" drive by removing it and using a SATA-USB 3.0 connector, after putting the original HD back in my Mac. This software was able to negate the bad blocks in my drive and copy out my data. I have been able to open every file so far, so nothing appears to be corrupt. Having Drive Genius run checks on my drives every couple of weeks is great piece of mind. You won't realize how valuable your hard drive is until you lose it! I have several products from ProSoft. All are 10/10. …
- Written by Brennan S from Edmonton
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does it work with osx 10.9.1?
- Asked by Jeff O from Dearborn
- Feb 19, 2014
Yes, Drive Genius 3 is compatible with Mac OS 10.9.1 .
- Answered by Prosoft S from Cupertino
- Feb 20, 2014
Can it Defrag your boot disk?
- Asked by Mark B from Cupertino
- May 17, 2012
No version of Drive Genius will defrag your system disk if you run the application from the same sys No version of Drive Genius will defrag your system disk if you run the application from the same system disk you are attempting to defrag. You must boot your Mac from the Drive Genius DVD and run the software from there or boot from an external or secondary bootable drive that has the Drive Genius software on it. All versions (at least recently) support that method. …
- Answered by Paul K from Atlanta
- Jan 1, 2014
Does this v.3 work with Mac OS10.8 (mountain Lion?)
- Asked by William G P from Juneau
- Oct 21, 2012
Will ProSoft Drive Genius work on my 2010 iMac i5 machine?
- Asked by Steven C
- Sep 26, 2011
Yes it will and be sure to get the latest version of the boot dvd.
- Answered by Valorie K from Pleasanton
- Nov 2, 2011
on how many computers can i install drive genius 3?
- Asked by Thomas S from Shenandoah
- Nov 13, 2010
Its a household license and can be installed on all of the Mac's within your house.
- Answered by Prosoft S from Pleasanton
- Jun 8, 2011
Is there a version of drive genius compatible with System 10.4.11?
- Asked by Thomas S from Richardson
- Feb 9, 2011
Drive Genius 2 will work with Tiger & PPC based Macs.
- Answered by Prosoft S from Pleasanton
- Jun 8, 2011