OverviewListen to your iPhone and make handsfree phone calls through your car's stereo cassette deck. Plug DirectDeck's audio microphone cable into headphone jack of your iPhone. Then pop the DirectDeck cassette adapter into your tape player as you would any cassette. The inline mic lets you send and receive phone calls while you drive or ride, without taking your hands off the wheel or your attention off the road.
- Hear your iPhone through your cassette deck
- Handsfree phoning with included mic cable
Did you notice?Taking calls is easier than ever thanks to the mic cable that lets you answer calls through your car's stereo system.
Apple Recommends ForListening to music and calling handsfree in your car, so you never have to take your eyes off the road or hands off the wheel.
What's in the Box?
- Griffin DirectDeck Cassette Adapter and Mic Cable
- Height : 7.09 in./18.0 cm
- Width : 0.59 in./1.5 cm
- Weight : 3.04 in./86.18 g
- Mfr. Part Number : GC22062
- UPC or EAN No. : 685387327201
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year (For details, please visit www.griffintechnology.com/support)
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
I have been on a quest for many years to find a good quality iPod/iPhone/iPad adapter to use with the cassette deck that came with my older Saturn station wagon. Have tried other adapters before but they never produced good sound, and I didn't want to spring for the much higher cost and unpredictability of the FM transmitters.
Wandered into my local Apple Store the other night and bought this Griffin cassette adapter. Hooked it up to my iPad and was just STUNNED at the quality of sound that came out of the very old and very ordinary speakers in my car! I was not expecting anything that sounded this good! Am delighted to have found such an impressive solution. …
- Written by Bruce W from La Honda
123 of 127 people found this useful
This item seems to be the most practical way to achieve hands free in an older vehicle without any bluetooth integration. It work s as described. Call quality seems to be fine, people hear me without an issue and their voice transmits through the vehicle's speakers. Music quality is also excellent. I have no complaints for this item. I typically mount my iPhone to the windshield, which probably puts the mic in an ideal position for sound quality on the other end, but it seems to work even when I simply place the phone on the center console. Great addition to my vehicle and iPhone. …
- Written by John T from Land O Lakes
93 of 94 people found this useful
simply put I like it...
I saw this in the local Apple store before christmas and pointed out to my wife that it would make for an awesome present. *hint* *hint*
to my total surprise I got it for christmas!!! :)
sound quality is awesome and calls are clear. I doubt it can achieved but upgrades I would love to see are having the fast forward and rewind buttons on my car stereo work with my iphone as well has having an integrated answer button on the cable somewhere. maybe some controls on the cable like the ones that come with iPhone 4/4S. …
- Written by Dennis W from Carson City
71 of 73 people found this useful
I love it! I want to drive around and just talk on the phone now!!
- Written by Daniel P from Aptos
5 of 7 people found this useful
Very poor quality.
I bought this device a month ago in Apple store. Used it occasionally. However, it didn't last long. A jack male connector broke a part without any specific reason. …
- Written by Igor B from San Francisco
57 of 60 people found this useful
Does not work for calls
I try and use this for calls but with the delay people hear them self talking. Good for music not phone calls.
- Written by Dean A from Chino Hills
53 of 60 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will SIRI work with this (iPhone 5) hands free? e.g., "call my wife" command while playing music, or only receiving incoming calls?
- Asked by Mark S from Evans
- Nov 1, 2012
No answers yet
- Asked by Hilarita H from San Francisco
- Mar 17, 2012
It will work on anything with a headphone jack for music. Even a Sony Discman from 1992.
- Answered by Scott W from New York
- Sep 16, 2012
- Asked by Varun M from San Marcos
- Nov 14, 2011
I have the bumper on my iPhone 4 and the jack fits perfectly.
- Answered by Dennis W from Carson City
- Dec 30, 2011