All-day comfort and scrolling come together in Kensington's Orbit Trackball with Scroll Ring. The scroll ring lets you fly through web pages and documents, all while delivering impressive comfort and space savings.
- Ergonomic design and separate wrist rest for all-day comfort
- Scroll ring for fast easy scrolling through web pages and documents
- Takes up minimal desktop space
- Optical technology for precise tracking—no cleaning required
- Ambidextrous design for left- or right-handed users
- Click-free scrolling
- USB connectivity
- Mac and PC compatible
Did you notice?The scroll ring allows you to scroll fast and easily through web pages and documents.
Apple Recommends ForQuickly and comfortably navigating the desktop of your Mac and the documents on it.
What's in the Box?
- Kensington Orbit Trackball with Scroll Ring
- Wrist rest
- Instruction guide
- Warranty card
- Other Features: Scroll Wheel, Ergonomic
- Connections: USB
- Height: 1.7 in/4.3 cm
- Width: 4.53 in/11.5 cm
- Length: 5.4 in/13.8 cm (not including wrist rest)
- Mfr. Part Number: K72337
- UPC or EAN No.: 85896723370
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Five-year limited (For details, please visit www.us.kensington.com/html/1368.html#fiveyear.)
Ratings & Reviews
I've always preferred a trackball to a mouse, (I always know where the trackball is, my mouse, not so much) but the utility of the I've always preferred a trackball to a mouse, (I always know where the trackball is, my mouse, not so much) but the utility of the scroll wheel had me using a mouse. The scroll ring makes this trackball complete. I was worried that I would find the scroll motion awkward, but I instantly became used to using the ring to scroll. …
- Written by Jeffrey U from BURLINGTON
65 of 71 people found this useful
Very poor quality
While this product does the job, it has very cheap construction and feel like a plastic toy. I have previously bought Kensington While this product does the job, it has very cheap construction and feel like a plastic toy. I have previously bought Kensington products and was surprised and disappointed with this product. My recommendation is to keep looking. …
- Written by Jeffrey N from Kingsport
32 of 40 people found this useful
Old Kensington user; Very satisfied.
I used to use a Kensington Turbo Trackball at the office and always liked it a lot. Picked this up today at my local Apple Store ( I used to use a Kensington Turbo Trackball at the office and always liked it a lot. Picked this up today at my local Apple Store (based on price and basic functions) and got more than I thought. It's got a very small footprint (unlike the old ones) and the ergonomic extension is actually very comfortable. The overall functions and actions on this trackball are excellent. Glad I made this choice! …
- Written by John C from Oswego
25 of 29 people found this useful
I have three Orbit Trackballs and would buy one again. I use two in my home office (one for my Mac Mini and one for my MacBook Pr I have three Orbit Trackballs and would buy one again. I use two in my home office (one for my Mac Mini and one for my MacBook Pro) and I carry one with me on the road. Like all track balls, they have to be cleaned occasionally, but I have not had any problems with them. The most convenient feature for me is the scroll wheel. I do combine the Orbit Trackball with a mouse pad that has a wrist rest which helps with the carpal problem. …
- Written by James A from RIchmond
1 of 1 people found this useful
Not well made ... doesn't last.
I prefer a trackball to a mouse and liked the small footprint and price of this model but after a year of use the left button has I prefer a trackball to a mouse and liked the small footprint and price of this model but after a year of use the left button has to be pressed quite hard to facilitate a click and click-dragging is quite the chore. Also the scroll wheel has lost its smoothness. This is my second bad experience with a Kensington product. No more Kensington for me. …
- Written by Michael K from Santa Rosa
1 of 1 people found this useful
Bought this for carpal tunnel syndrome
Scroll ring so cheap it almost does not work. Nothing like an Apple product, I do not think they could have made it cheaper. Very Scroll ring so cheap it almost does not work. Nothing like an Apple product, I do not think they could have made it cheaper. Very light weight, a problem, and the scroll ring feels like there is sand inside the mechanism. And always a delay. Ugly. Very disappointed. I bought this because I am worried about carpal tunnel syndrome, and read that it is good to change from a mouse to a track ball every few days. Now I will try the track pad.
I remember that Kensington was once a good product, maybe ten years ago. …
- Written by Reynold R from Santa Monica
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will this mouse work with a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.8 ?
- Asked by Neil C from Columbia City
- Feb 3, 2011
yes, it will
- Answered by William S from Honolulu
- Mar 23, 2011
Is a CD-ROM drive required? I'd like to use this with my MacBook Air but don't have a remote CD drive.
- Asked by Denise A from Bowling Green
- Sep 15, 2012
what is the best wireless mouse for snow leopard
- Asked by Eunice K
- Feb 28, 2011
THE MAGIC MOUSE! it has amazing capabilities on snow leopard, if you upgrade to lion, you can get ev THE MAGIC MOUSE! it has amazing capabilities on snow leopard, if you upgrade to lion, you can get even more features …
- Answered by Thomas C from Hinsdale
- Oct 1, 2011
Will the Kensington track ball ($39.95) work with Snow Leopard??
- Asked by Barbara J from Inglewood
- Jul 29, 2010
- Answered by Ean W from Boston
- Sep 2, 2010