OverviewA highly functional daypack with crush-proof SafeZone compartment, the Thule Crossover withstands the abuse of your everyday adventures.
- Padded, integrated notebook compartment holds up to a 17-in. MacBook Pro
- Heat-molded, crush-proof SafeZone compartment protects your iPhone, sunglasses and other fragile gear
- SafeZone compartment is lockable or can be removed for extra room
- Water-resistant nylon body material
- Die-cut EVA shoulder straps with mesh covering provide ventilation and breathability
- Compression straps customize the bag to the size of your load
- Organization compartment keeps cords and other accessories at hand but out of the way
- Multiple grab-and-go handles allow for easy transport
Did you notice?The lockable, crush-proof SafeZone compartment protects your iPhone, sunglasses and other fragile gear—and is removable when you need additional space.
Apple Recommends ForComfortably carrying your MacBook Pro on quick hikes, around-town travel, weekend getaways, mountain bike excursions and the daily commute.
What's in the Box?
- Thule Crossover Backpack
- Height : 18.9 in./48.0 cm
- Width : 6.7 in./17.0 cm
- Weight : 2.18 lb./0.99 kg
- Mfr. Part Number : TCBP117
- UPC or EAN No. : 085854218474
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : 25-year quality guarantee
Ratings & Reviews
Crazy awesome bag!!
Let me start by pointing out that I am a major backpack head. I have been looking for the right solution for my 15" MBP for quite some time now and didn't want to settle for one of those Incase bags. I got this bag the other day and it is AMAZING!! First of all, the construction is incredible. Its die-cut straps and machined aluminum clips are a perfect compliment to the beautiful design of my Unibody MacBook Pro. The layout of pockets is great and the crush proof top pocket is awesome for my iPhone!
I can't wait to see if the iPad fits into the front pocket.
I have to say that of all the bags I have owned, this one is by far the best. I have already got quite a few comments on it, and when I took my computer into the Genius Bar the other day, even some of the Apple employees seemed excited and jealous. . .
- Written by Michael R from la mirada
340 of 369 people found this useful
The most fantastic laptop bag I've ever had
I've tried a number of various backpacks in the past. Some were issued from work, some I bought, some I even got at technology con ferences. The biggest gripe I've always had with most of them was - if they were spacious enough to hold a 17 inch laptop they were typically too big. Navigating New York subway every day with something of that size has always been a challenge. Also the spacious ones tended to be fairly loose, lacking any frame. If they were small enough all I'd be able to fit into it was the 13'' macbook.
This backpack (which I suspect was specifically designed for Macbook Pro) is a whole different story. It's as big as you want it to be. The side straps ensure that you can vary the depth of the bag. The construction is superb. Let me reiterate this point - it's on par with the cream of the crop of the industry (i.e. Osprey, Samsonite, Lowepro). Material feels splendid and sturdy, front pocket has what looks like taped seams and waterproof zipper, the straps are exceptionally comfortable and the back of the backpack has an EVA-foam-like (not sure of the exact material) frame that feels very solid adding sturdiness to the back but not weight. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a laptop bag. …
- Written by Anthony G from Brooklyn
244 of 255 people found this useful
Great Quality but Smaller than it Looks
First, it's of very high quality. The zippers, straps, buckles all feel like solid material. The bag itself seem like a very dura ble fabric which is good because I'm rough on bags. They don't mention the size anywhere so I was a bit surprised by how small the bag is. I'm replacing my Belkin Slim Backpack and it's not much bigger than that. That's both good and bad. I still like a svelte bag but I was replacing the Belkin because I was busting the seams. I can fit my lunch bag in here or I could fit in a change of clothes for my commute but I couldn't fit both. That's not a deal-breaker, it just means I have to plan accordingly.
Also, it is very attractive. I really like the look of it. …
- Written by Christopher F from Greenwood Village
215 of 249 people found this useful
Awesome backpack for the daily commuter
Bought mine about a year ago, as a replacement for what can only be described as a poorly designed/constructed backpack.
From th e first day I transferred my stuff from the old BP to this Thule, I never looked back. In my opinion, and for my needs, it's perfect. Just the right size for all my devices, cables, keys, etc… High quality materials and construction, along with a purposeful design makes it a 5 star in my book.
The hard shell compartment is great for sunglasses and other small fragile items. My Davek traveler umbrella zips perfectly into either of the side pouches too…
Only (minor) reco to the folks at Thule, would be to improve the design/comfort of the carrying handle/loop at the top. Yes I know it's a backpack, but occasionally in crowded spaces (streetcar/subway), it better to carry by the handle. Anyway, if that top handle/loop could be made more comfortable, it would make an awesome backpack even better! …
- Written by Martin W from Toronto
Beautiful and durable bag
i bought this bag a year ago in light blue. Hands down its been the best backpack i have ever owned. This bag never looks bulky un like the other backpacks that i have previously owned. The color is majestic. It lures with beauty. The color is a beautiful blueish and greenish. I would recommend this bag especially in blue to any girl that is looking for a durable and pretty backpack. It is roomy and comfortable, And it provides good water protection during harsh weather. …
- Written by Michelle R from Huntington Park
3 of 3 people found this useful
This is a great backpack. It has room for lots of things. The one thing I would change is the chest straps. I love the idea but th ey need to be able to adjust more. For women with a larger chest the straps hit in a very awkward place. If they could be adjusted about an inch more both ways it would be five stars …
- Written by Bailey S from Scotts Valley
11 of 11 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Finnegan O from Barton
- Jan 29, 2013
- Answered by Danny C from New York
- Mar 16, 2013
Will a 15" MacBook Pro Retina display fit inside the padded compartment with a Thule 15" Gauntlet 2.0 Sleeve?
- Asked by Jeff S from Westport
- Mar 10, 2013
Will a 15inch MacBook Pro Retina display fit inside the padded compartment with a Thule 15'' Sleeve ?
- Asked by Angus T from Turner
- Jan 19, 2013
Yes it does.
- Answered by Sumeet S from Beveridge
- Feb 18, 2013
- Asked by Anna R from Warren
- Nov 25, 2012
There is ample space in the main compartment for both an iPad and a laptop. Furthermore, there is a zipped compartment that fits an iPad mini perfectly. …
- Answered by Robin D
- Dec 26, 2012
just scroll for specifications, here's a copy and paste for you
Weight 2.18 lb./0.99 kg
I'm toss ing up between this one and the Herschel Supply Co. Pop Quiz Plus Backpack which is $20 cheaper …
- Answered by Helen H from Stepney
- Nov 23, 2012