The VP6273 Bluetooth Calculator Keypad helps increase your productivity when you're using a MacBook or MacBook Pro. Its numeric keypad combines the functions of a ten-key for spreadsheet data entry and a standalone calculator, along with an on/off switch, 12-digit LCD display and Mac/PC selector switch.
Built-in fully functional calculator
The embedded off-line calculator function means one less device to clutter the desktop and less weight in your computer carrying case. Unlike traditional keypads with a confusing NumLock key and second layer of command keys, the VP6273 provides straightforward numeric data entry.
- Built-in 12-digit LCD display provides visualization
- Bluetooth technology for the ultimate wireless experience
- One-touch SEND key ensures a calculated result is automatically transcribed to a spreadsheet
- No confusing NumLock key or second layer of command keys
- Always works in numeric mode so your notebook can stay in Alphabet mode
- On/off switch prevents power-loss when traveling
- Sleep mode with one-touch wake-up feature to preserve battery power
- Power-low LED indicator light alerts you when to replace batteries
- Fully compatible with Mac OS and Windows, so no need to install drivers
- Stays connected to your computer computer even when power is off
Did you notice?Connection to your computer's Bluetooth is easy, there's no need to install software. And the calculator keypad stays connected even after you turn off the power.
Apple Recommends ForEffortless, efficient numeric data entry on your MacBook or MacBook Pro.
What's in the Box?
- SMK-Link VP6273 Bluetooth calculator keypad
- Two AAA batteries
- User's manual
- Connections : Wireless
- Height : 6.2 in./158 mm
- Width : 3.5 in./90 mm
- Depth : 1.1 in./27 mm
- Weight : 5.3 oz./150 g
- Mac OS X or later
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
- Mfr. Part Number : VP6273
- UPC or EAN No. : 715262062733
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Move along folks, save your money.
Some complain about having to hit the connect button after not using it for a while. I didn't mind that. I use the numeric keypad for entering numbers into tool pallets (3D aps, sizing elements in Adobe Illustrator to precise measurements, and settings in After Effects, etc.). This means when I need it, I use it often enough to keep it connected.
Unfortunately, it only worked for a week. Now it won't connect at all. Pity. It matched the Apple keyboard well, although a bit thicker. If you can't connect, that doesn't do much good. I love Apple products, but I wish they'd ween themselves of the mindset that everything should be so paired down, it's wonderful up to the first 98%, but they needlessly strip out that last 2% leaving you with what could be the perfect product "If only it had x or did y." It makes no sense to strip out the key pad from the high end version (wireless) keyboard, but leaving it on the lesser priced corded version.
If Apple would just make a dern wireless keyboard with a number pad, it would be perfect and their customers wouldn't have to search high and low experimenting with cra@ppy 3rd party work-arounds, hoping to find one that works. Get it together Apple! …
- Written by Grant H from McLean
270 of 291 people found this useful
Does not maintain Bluetooth connection to iMac
I purchased this keypad at the Apple Store along with my iMac. I assumed that, once paired to the iMac via Bluetooth, it would be instantly available anytime I needed numeric keypad functionality. Instead, the keypad's Bluetooth connection to the iMac is lost everytime the iMac goes into Sleep mode, and upon waking, a lenthy process of "pairing" the device to the iMac is required EVERY TIME. The additional instructions – applied as a sticker to the back of the device – seem to anticipate this issue but do not resolve it. …
- Written by ANNE B from JENKINTOWN
181 of 198 people found this useful
nice, but it's not the aesthetic equivalent to the Apple wireless keyboard
Was really excited to stumble across this in the Apple store at the Mall. Asked if we could open the package so I could see it... Should have insisted. It looks like it's the perfect companion to the wireless keyboard (which is missing a 10-key... I'll save my disgruntled commentary on this so that this review might actually make it pass the Apple review police). Anyway... I can't say much for the functionality of this 10-key (yet), but I will say that the case is plastic and is deceptively thicker than the profile of the wireless keyboard. The "girth" of the profile is painted white plastic. Hard to see in the pictures. Keys feel pretty similar to the Apple keyboard, but with slightly more travel. So far... not a bad product, but I'm a little disappointed in the aesthetics and the cheap plastic feel. …
- Written by Jon S from Escondido
137 of 162 people found this useful
problems with windows & boot camp
The unit disconnects itself each time I start windows through boot camp. Even when it still shows in the devices, I have to remov e and reinstall because it tells me it's working. If you need it for windows, don't bother. …
- Written by Todd M from Richmond
1 of 1 people found this useful
Really like this keypad
I bought this keypad a couple years ago and have been very happy with the quality. It is a good size and has several nice features . You can switch between keypad and calculator mode which I find useful for quick calculations. And you can use it for Mac or PC (which I do for a small non-profit volunteer situation). I highly recommend this keypad. …
- Written by Myrna G from HINGHAM
3 of 3 people found this useful
I am writing this review only after seeing many negative comments about this product. I have had mine for over a year and it work s perfectly, it always links up, and has never failed in any way. Battery life is excellent, and unfortunately it has been dropped several times and it just continues to work. Due to the design of the key board it is an excellent stand alone calculator, for those who have used a desk top machine it is easy to use with out looking. I have no idea what there quality control is like, so there may be some failed units out there. Mine has worked perfectly from day one, and if it fits your needs I highly recommend the SMK-Link VP6273. …
- Written by Russ S from Gainesville
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Michel G from Cantley
- May 24, 2011
Yes. I've used this calculator with an 11" MBA, and now on a 13" MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Karen S from La Porte
- Jan 7, 2013
- Asked by Alfred H from Claremore
- Apr 25, 2010
Of course you can; that's the whole idea of the device. It also serves as a regular calculator. Ke ep in mind that it's a bluetooth keypad, so your Mac has to be capable of connecting to it. …
- Answered by Arthur S from East Stroudsburg
- Apr 30, 2010
Does this have a num-lock feature so I can use the 2, 4, 6, and 8 keys as down, left, right, and up arrows?
- Asked by Scott A from Bethesda
- Nov 1, 2011
- Answered by Andrew S
- Jan 25, 2012
Yes, It works with my iPad and iPhone 3GS with no problem.
- Answered by Kyle V from Houston
- Jul 12, 2010