11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
128GB PCIe-based flash storage 1
720p FaceTime HD Camera
Intel HD Graphics 5000
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple's 14-day returns policy
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Up to 3x faster Wi-Fi.
MacBook Air supports ultrafast 802.11ac Wi-Fi. When connected to an 802.11ac base station — including AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule — wireless performance is up to 3x faster than with the previous generation of Wi-Fi or MacBook Air with 802.11n Wi-Fi 2. And your Wi-Fi range improves as well. With Bluetooth technology, you can connect MacBook Air to Bluetooth-enabled devices like speakers and headphones. Even without all the wires, you’re totally connected.
Backlit keyboard. What you see is what you type.
As incredibly compact as MacBook Air is, it still manages to fit a full‑size keyboard that makes typing as natural as it is comfortable. And the keyboard is backlit, so you can type with ease in even the dimmest light. A built-in ambient light sensor detects changes in lighting conditions and adjusts the display and keyboard brightness automatically. From a seat in a sunny café to a seat on a cross‑country red‑eye, you’ll always have the perfect lighting for any environment.
Thunderbolt and USB 3.
With the lightning-fast Thunderbolt port, you can connect your MacBook Air to the latest devices and displays, like the Apple Thunderbolt Display. But that’s not the whole story. MacBook Air also comes equipped with two USB 3 ports, so you can connect the latest USB 3 devices and all your USB 2 devices as well. With just a few connections, MacBook Air transforms from an ultraportable notebook to a complete workstation.
Fast all-flash storage. Ready. Set. Done.
Part of what makes MacBook Air so responsive is that it’s designed entirely around flash storage. Not only does this make MacBook Air much lighter and more portable than traditional notebooks, it also provides faster access to data. This PCIe-based flash storage is up to 9x faster than a traditional 5400-rpm notebook hard drive3. So when you flip open MacBook Air, it’s ready to go right away. Even after a month in standby mode, the screen springs to life.
Up to 9 hours of battery life.
Thanks to compact all-flash storage in MacBook Air, there’s plenty of room for a big battery. Working together with the power-efficient fourth-generation Intel Core architecture, this battery can post some impressive numbers. The 11-inch model gets up to 9 hours of battery life on a single charge. Put MacBook Air to sleep for more than 3 hours, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days4. And if you enable Power Nap, you’ll continue to receive new email and calendar invitations while your computer is asleep.
Mac OS X
Includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Maps, iBooks, Safari, Mail, FaceTime, Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Time Machine, Photo Booth, iTunes, Game Center, Preview, Notes, Mac App Store, and more.
What's in the Box?
- Refurbished MacBook Air
- 45W MagSafe2 Power Adapter, AC wall plug and power cord
- 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 128GB PCIe-based flash storage1
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- Dual display and video mirroring: simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560x1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colours
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi networking 5; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
- Depth: 7.56 inches (19.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg)6
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 1-800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.7
- 1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 2. Based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification. Performance based on comparison with Apple’s 802.11n products. Comparison assumes AirPort Extreme network with 802.11ac-enabled computer. Speed and range will be less if an 802.11a/b/g product joins the network. Accessing the wireless network requires a Wi-Fi-enabled device. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors. Range will vary with site conditions.
- 3. Testing conducted by Apple in May 2013 using preproduction 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-based 13-inch MacBook Air systems with 512GB of flash storage and 8GB of RAM, and preproduction 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-based 11-inch MacBook Air systems with 512GB of flash storage and 8GB of RAM. 2.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-based 13-inch MacBook Air systems and 2.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-based 11-inch MacBook Air units with 512GB of flash storage and 8GB of RAM were production units. Testing conducted using Iometer 2006.07.27 with a 30-second ramp-up, 5-minute run duration, 512KB request size, 8 outstanding IOs, and 150GB test file. MacBook Air continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust performance as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- 4. Testing conducted by Apple in March 2014 using preproduction 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 720p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed into an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- 5. Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- 6. Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 7. Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.