27-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1440 resolution
1TB Fusion drive1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M graphics processor with 2GB of GDDR5 memory
Built-in FaceTime HD camera
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple's 14-day returns policy
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
802.11ac Wi-Fi. The new definition of fast.
With three-stream 802.11ac technology, iMac takes desktop Wi‑Fi speeds over the top. When it’s connected to an 802.11ac base station — including the new AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule — you can reach data rates of up to 1.3 Gbps.2 That’s triple the previous 802.11n standard, which means you’ll get up to three times faster Wi‑Fi.3 You also get double the channel bandwidth, with 80MHz‑wide channels providing more room for more data to flow faster than ever.
Thunderbolt I/O. It’s all about speed and versatility. And speed.
With one tiny port, you get superfast data transfer speeds and huge expansion capabilities. Thunderbolt features two 10-Gbps data channels per port, which means data transfer is up to twice as fast as USB 3 and up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800. And don’t worry about a single drive or peripheral tying up a Thunderbolt port: You can daisy-chain as many as six devices plus a display. All iMac models include two Thunderbolt ports for even more expansion possibilities.
FaceTime HD camera for high-resolution video calls.
Get everyone in the picture with crisp, widescreen HD video. The built-in 720p FaceTime HD camera lets you make video calls that are so clear, it seems like everyone’s in the same room. Make FaceTime calls from your iMac to any FaceTime-enabled Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.4
New NVIDIA graphics. Next-generation speed.
iMac graphics have gotten even more powerful across the board. NVIDIA GeForce 700 series graphics processors are faster than the previous generation and include double the video memory. That translates into more frames per second, smoother animation, and better responsiveness when you’re using graphics-intensive apps like 3D games, high-resolution photo and video editors, and more.
Fusion Drive. High capacity meets high performance.
Fusion Drive is a breakthrough concept that combines the high storage capacity of a traditional hard drive with the high performance of flash storage. With Fusion Drive in your iMac, disk-intensive tasks — from booting up to launching apps to importing photos — are faster and more efficient. That’s because frequently used items are kept at the ready on speedy flash storage, while infrequently accessed items go to the hard drive. The file transfers take place in the background, so you won’t even notice. As the system learns how you work, Fusion Drive makes your Mac experience even better. And you don’t have to do a thing.
The ultimate all-in-one. Honed to the cutting edge.
The first iMac was a revolution: An all-in-one computer that put everything — display, processor, graphics, storage, memory, and more — inside one simple, stylish enclosure. Countless innovations later, we’ve raised the bar yet again. The new iMac includes the most advanced, most brilliant desktop display we’ve ever built, and it’s filled with the latest high-performance technologies. Yet it’s just 5 mm thin at its edge with up to 40 percent less volume than the previous generation. To do all that required unprecedented feats of engineering — and imagination. We invented new technologies, pioneered new manufacturing techniques, and devised all-new ways to do more in less space.
75 percent less reflection.
Full lamination has a second major benefit: It eliminates the reflection of light off the LCD panel and off the back of the display’s cover glass. But we also figured out how to reduce reflection off the front of the glass without compromising color quality. Instead of applying an antireflective coating to the glass in a conventional way, we adapted a process used on smaller surfaces like camera lenses and fighter pilots’ helmets. It’s called plasma deposition, and it involves coating the glass with layers of silicon dioxide and niobium pentoxide so precise and so thin they’re measured in atoms. The result: an astounding 75 percent reduction in reflectivity — and vibrant, accurate colors.
Mac OS X
Includes Mail, Contacts, Calendar, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including: iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
What's in the Box?
- Refurbished iMac
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Power cord
- 3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz) with 8MB shared L3 cache
- 16GB (two 8GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- 1TB Fusion drive1
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M graphics processor with 2GB of GDDR5 memory
- Four USB 3 ports
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
- Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- SDXC card slot
- Two Thunderbolt ports (up to 10 Gbps)
- Stereo speakers, Dual microphones, Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack), support for Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking;5 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible; Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 20.3 inches (51.6 cm)
- Width: 25.6 inches (65.0 cm)
- Depth: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Weight: 21 pounds (9.54 kg)6
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 1-800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.7
- 1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 2. Based on theoretical peak speeds. Actual speeds will be lower.
- 3. Based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification. Performance based on comparison with Apple’s 802.11n products. Comparison assumes AirPort Extreme network with 802.11ac-enabled computer. Speed and range will be less if an 802.11a/b/g product joins the network. Accessing the wireless network requires a Wi-Fi-enabled device. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors. Range will vary with site conditions.
- 4. FaceTime video calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi-Fi connection. Availability over a cellular network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
- 5. Based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification. Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply.
- 6. Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 7. Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.