Originally released June 2012
Two 2.66GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon processors
12GB (6 x 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 ECC memory
1TB Serial ATA 7200 rpm
18x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB GDDR5 memory
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||Two 2.66GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon X5650 processors (Turbo Boost up to 3.06GHz)|
|Cache||12MB fully shared L3 cache per processor|
|Memory||12GB (six 2GB DIMMs) of DDR3 ECC SDRAM at 1333MHz; supports up to 64GB|
|PCI Express 2.0 graphics||ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, two Mini DisplayPort outputs, and one dual-link DVI port|
|Hard disk drive||1TB1 Serial ATA (3Gb/s); 7200 rpm|
|Optical drive||18x SuperDrive with double-layer support(DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)|
|Wireless||Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi2 and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology|
|PCI Express||Three open full-length PCI Express 2.0 expansion slots with mechanical support for 16-lane cards; 300W combined maximum for all PCI Express slots (PCI Express slots are not compatible with PCI or PCI-X expansion cards)|
|Connections and audio||Four FireWire 800 ports (two on front panel, two on back panel)
Five USB 2.0 ports (two on front panel, three on back panel)
Two USB 2.0 ports on included keyboard
Front-panel headphone minijack and internal speaker
Optical digital audio input and output TOSLINK ports
Analog stereo line-level input and output minijacks
Multichannel audio through Mini DisplayPort
|Size and weight||Height: 20.1 inches (51.1 cm)
Width: 8.1 inches (20.6 cm)
Depth: 18.7 inches (47.5 cm)
Weight (standard configuration): 41.2 pounds (18.7 kg)3
At the heart of the Mac Pro are one quad-core or one or two 6-core Intel Xeon processors with an incredible amount of processing power. Optimized for multicore technology, OS X provides powerful tools that make it easy to reap the benefits of the Mac Pro. The scheduler in OS X, for instance, is very efficient at allocating tasks across multiple cores and processors. So OS X spends less time managing tasks and more time performing computations. As a developer, you can build applications that execute with the same efficiency, thanks to NSOperation, a breakthrough API that optimizes applications for multicore processing.
The single-die advantage.
Many multicore processors are composed of two separate dies, which means some cached data has to travel outside the processor to get from core to core. That’s an inefficient way to access information. Enter the Quad-Core and 6-Core Intel Xeon processors. Their single-die, 64-bit architecture makes 8MB or 12MB of fully shared L3 cache readily available to each of the processor cores. The result is fast access to cache data and greater application performance. Combine that with the other technological advances and you get a Mac Pro that’s up to 1.5x faster than the previous generation.4
Choose solid-state for ultimate performance.
Mac Pro also gives you the option to add up to four 512GB solid-state drives — or any combination of solid-state and hard drives. Solid-state drives have no moving parts and are capable of accessing data at speeds up to 266MB per second, which is up to twice the speed of hard drives. The result? Incredible performance on a range of data-intensive tasks, including up to 2.5x faster video encoding using solid-state drives compared with hard drives.5
Fast, powerful graphics comes with the territory.
High-performance graphics cards from AMD make Mac Pro graphics technology up to 5 times faster than ever before.6 Perfect for motion graphics, 3D modeling, rendering, or animation, the ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory comes standard. It not only provides faster performance compared to previous Mac Pro standard graphics cards — it’s also faster than the top-of-the-line graphics cards in the previous generation.
Need Assistance?We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products.7 Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Wireless Internet access requires a wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using preproduction Mac Pro 12-core 3.06GHz units and shipping Mac Pro 8-core 2.93GHz units, all configured with 12GB of RAM. Maxwell test file: sculpture.mxs. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac Pro.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using preproduction Mac Pro 12-core 3.06GHz units configured with 12GB of RAM, 1TB 7200-rpm hard disk drive and 512GB solid-state drive. Testing conducted using Iometer 2006.07.27 with a 30-second ramp-up, 5-minute run duration, 128KB request size, 8 outstanding IOs, and 150GB test file. Average rotational media performance calculated by creating the test file on the outer, middle, and inner sectors of the drive and averaging the results from all three measurements. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac Pro.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using preproduction Mac Pro 12-core 3.06GHz units with ATI Radeon HD 5770 and shipping Mac Pro 8-core 2.93GHz units with prerelease OS and NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, all configured with 12GB of RAM. Civilization V (18.104.22.1681) tested with the built-in leader benchmark at 2560x1440. StarCraft II (22.214.171.12429) tested using the 2012 MLG Winter Arena EGIdrA vs IMNesTea replay from 11:00-16:00 at 2560x1440. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac Pro.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Refurbished Mac Pro
- Power cord
- Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- Magic Mouse
- USB keyboard extension cable
- Printed and electronic documentation
Mac OS X
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including
Note: Other software may or may not be included with refurbished products, subject to availability.