Originally released September 2012
2.5-inch Multi-Touch display
Plays video and FM radio with Live Pause
Nike+ support built in with pedometer
Lightning to USB cable
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple's 14-day returns policy
- Engraving and gift wrap not available for refurbished iPods
- Supplies are limited
|Capacity1||Refurbished iPod nano, 16GB|
|Battery2||Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, Up to 30 hours of music playback and up to 3.5 hours of video playback when fully charged. Charging times: Fast charge in about 1.5 hours (80% capacity), full charge in about 3 hours. Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)|
|Display||2.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display, 240-by-432-pixel resolution at 202 pixels per inch|
|Input and Output||Lightning connector, 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack|
|Audio Playback||Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz, Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV, User-configurable maximum volume limit|
|FM Radio||Regional settings for Americas, Asia, Australia, Europe, and Japan
Live Pause feature for pausing a radio broadcast and rewinding (within a 15-minute buffer)
|Wireless||Bluetooth 4.0, Nike+ support built in3|
|Accessibility||VoiceOver gesture-based screen reader, High-resolution LCD display with adjustable backlight settings for easier reading in low light, Invert Colors, Mono Audio|
|Video Format Support||H.264 video: 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Baseline, Main, and High-Profile level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
|Languages||35 UI languages: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Cantonese (Traditional Chinese), Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese. For Arabic and Hebrew, some UI elements are not right to left.
Fitness spoken feedback is available in seven languages: Chinese (Mandarin), English (U.S.), French (France), German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish (Spain).
29 VoiceOver languages: Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia, UK, U.S.), Finnish, French (Canada, France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
|Size and Weight4||Height: 3.01 inches, Width: 1.56 inches, Depth: .21 inches, Weight: 1.1 ounces|
|Includes||Apple EarPods5, Lightning to USB cable, Quick Start guide|
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2012 using preproduction iPod nano hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC); video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (see www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Requires Nike + iPod Sensor, sold separately.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Remote and mic not included.
- iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.
- Refurbished iPod nano
- Apple Earpods
- Lightning to USB Cable
- Quick Start guide
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access
- Mac: Mac computer with USB 2.0 or 3 port, Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: PC with USB 2.0 port, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later6
- Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
Corporate Gifts and Rewards
Sometimes a simple act of generosity can motivate employees, impress prospective clients, and lead to more loyal customers. Refurbished iPods are available for bulk sales intended for internal use or gifting. Contact your Apple representative and ask about Refurbished iPod availability and pricing: 1-877-275-IPOD.
Environmental Status Report
iPod nano is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Recyclable aluminium enclosure