Originally released September 2012
2.5-inch Multi-Touch display
Plays video and FM radio with Live Pause
Nike+ support built in with pedometer
Lightning to USB cable
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple’s one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple’s 14-day returns policy
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Engraving and gift wrap not available for refurbished iPods
- Supplies are limited
The iPod nano has a 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display that’s great for browsing album art, photos, videos, and more.
Wirelessly connect to speakers, headphones, your car stereo, and other Bluetooth-friendly devices.
Since Nike+ support and a pedometer are built into iPod nano, you can track your daily activity and goals.
Music. It's what beats inside.
Tap to play your favorite songs. Or entire albums. Or everything by one artist. You can even browse by genres or composers.
Video. The really small big screen.
Now you can watch episodes of your favorite TV shows, Hollywood blockbusters, free video podcasts, and home videos on your iPod nano.
Radio. An alternative way to rock.
FM radio keeps you up on what’s going on out there — the game, the top news stories, your favorite talk shows — or whatever you love listening to.
What's in the Box?
- Refurbished iPod nano
- New unopened Apple EarPods
- Lightning to USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- The same 1-year warranty as a brand new iPod
- A new battery and outer shell
- A new white box
- 2.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 240-by-432-pixel resolution at 202 pixels per inch
Power and Battery
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Music playback time: Up to 30 hours when fully charged
- Video playback time: Up to 3.5 hours when fully charged
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Fast-charge time: about 1.5 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
- Full-charge time: about 3 hours
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
TV and Video
- H.264 video: 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Baseline, Main, and High-Profile level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- 35 UI languages: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Cantonese (Traditional Chinese), Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese. For Arabic and Hebrew, some UI elements are not right to left.
- Fitness spoken feedback is available in seven languages: Chinese (Mandarin), English (U.S.), French (France), German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish (Spain).
- 29 VoiceOver languages: Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia, UK, U.S.), Finnish, French, (Canada, France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
- VoiceOver gesture-based screen reader
- High-resolution LCD display with adjustable backlight settings for easier reading in low light
- Invert Colors
- Mono Audio
Size and weight
- Height: Height: 3.01 inches (76.5 mm)
- Width: Width: 1.56 inches (39.6 mm)
- Depth: Depth: 0.21 inches (5.4 mm)
- Weight: Weight: 1.1 ounces (31 grams)
- Internet access required; broadband recommended; fees may apply
- Mac requirements: Mac computer with USB 2.0 or 3 port, OS X v10.6.8 or later, and iTunes 10.7 or later
- PC requirements: PC with USB 2.0 port; Windows 7, Vista, or XP Home or Professional (SP3) or later; and iTunes 10.7 or later
Apple takes a complete product lifecycle approach to determining our environmental impact. iPod nano is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Recyclable aluminum enclosure
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- 1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 2. Testing conducted by Apple in August 2012 using preproduction iPod nano hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC); video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (see www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- 3. Requires Nike + iPod Sensor, sold separately.
- 4. Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 5. Remote and mic not included.
- 6. iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.