Originally released October 2011
17-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Hi-Res glossy widescreen display, 1920-by-1200 resolution
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
750GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6770M
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||2.4 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7|
|Cache||6MB shared L3 cache|
|Memory||4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory 1and AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory|
|Hard disk drive2||750GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm|
|Optical drive||8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD+/-R DL/DVD+/-RW/CD-RW)|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)3 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology|
|Expansion||One Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps), one FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps), Three USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), ExpressCard/34 slot|
|Video and Audio||FaceTime HD camera; Thunderbolt port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
Stereo speakers with subwoofers, omnidirectional microphone, audio line in minijack (digital/analog), audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
|Size and weight||Height: .98 inches (2.50 cm)
Width: 15.47 inches (39.3 cm)
Depth: 10.51 inches (26.7 cm)
Weight (standard configuration): 6.6 pounds (2.99 kg) 4
Up to 2x faster at the core.
New quad-core Intel Core i7 processors are standard on the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro. All the models use Intel’s recently refined chipsets. So what does all that mean for the new MacBook Pro models? Bottom line: They perform up to twice as fast as the previous generation,5 breezing through demanding tasks like editing HD video, compiling audio, or rendering a multilayered image file. And since Mac OS X Snow Leopard is designed to take advantage of every processor core, it captures every last bit of performance from the processor.
Introducing Thunderbolt. The fastest, most versatile I/O ever in a notebook.
Imagine accessing multiple streams of uncompressed HD video - from your notebook - at speeds that let you edit an HD feature film in real time. That's how Thunderbolt technology will connect the next generation of high-performance peripherals to the next generation of computers - starting with MacBook Pro. Ultrafast and ultraflexible, the Thunderbolt pipeline is up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0, and it offers unprecedented expansion capabilities. It changes what you can do on a notebook.
A long-lasting battery. Charge less. Do more.
The MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life. And that’s with more powerful processors and faster graphics. An energy-efficient processor architecture with an integrated video encoder, along with automatic graphics switching in the 15- and 17-inch models, all help improve battery life. So you can expect to surf the web wirelessly for up to 7 hours on a single charge. 6
Up to 2x quicker on the draw. And the render.
When you need more performance for things like playing 3D games, editing HD video, or even running CAD software, the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro models automatically switch to discrete AMD Radeon graphics that let you see more frames per second and experience better responsiveness. With up to 1GB of dedicated GDDR5 video memory, these processors provide up to 2x faster performance than the previous generation. 7
Need Assistance?We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 384MB.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. Modo test files: BathFaucet.lxo and Couch.lxo. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation. 15-inch MacBook Pro testing conducted by Apple in October 2011 using preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units. 2.66GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems were production units. All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. Modo test files: BathFaucet.lxo and Couch.lxo. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Wireless web testing conducted by Apple in October 2011 using preproduction 2.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 13-inch MacBook Pro units, preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units, and preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 17-inch MacBook Pro units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2011 using preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 17-inch MacBook Pro units and preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units with AMD Radeon HD 6770M. 2.53GHz Intel Core i5-based 17-inch MacBook Pro systems with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M and 2.66GHz Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M were production units. All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. Tested at native resolutions using Half-Life 2: Episode Two v(4295)(420), Call of Duty 4 v(1.7.1), and Portal 2 v(4710)(620), with 4x anti-aliasing and high graphics quality. Half-Life 2: Episode Two timedemo test file: Storm. Call of Duty 4 timedemo test files: Timedemoambush, Timedemobog, and Timedemopipeline. Portal 2 timedemo test file: Laser stairs. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Refurbished MacBook Pro
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Display polishing cloth
- Printed and electronic documentation
Mac OS X
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including: