Is this drive bootable from my MacBook Pro?
I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my MBP to a WD drive that will not boot and don't want to make the same mistake with this one.
- Asked by Terry D from Big Lake
- Apr 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this drive bootable from my MacBook Pro?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes! However it will be slow compared to your internal disk. If you are interested in booting from an external drive I would recommend looking at the thunderbolt SSD version that would make for a quick drive! And I can't speak for the Carbon Copy cloner but the dive will work fine.
- Answered by Charlie P
- Sep 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this drive be made a partitioned and bootable drive?
- Asked by George G from Campbell
- May 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this drive be made a partitioned and bootable drive?)
- Asked about: Seagate 2TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 Des…
Can you boot to a bootable USB drive with the TBD?
- Asked by Samuel B
- Mar 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you boot to a bootable USB drive with the TBD?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)