Does it work if the computer is turned off? and what are you looking at when you are able to locate it?
- Asked by Mindy D from Jupiter
- Aug 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work if the computer is turned off? and what are you looking at when you are able to locate it?)
1 Answer from the Community
If the computer is turned off, no LoJack will not work. It only works once the Mac finds an internet connection. There good news is that just about everyone gets on the internet so that isn't really a problem.
If you haven't reported your Mac stolen, you can use the Locate feature to see the last 3 locations from where your Mac has contacted the LoJack Monitoring Center. This information is only accessible by you through your LoJack online account. This location information is approximate and is based on wifi triangulation.
Once you report your Mac stolen, this feature is disabled in your account and becomes accessible to the LoJack Recovery Team. The Recovery Team uses this and other forensic investigative tools to determine the location of your Mac, who is using your Mac and what they are using it for. This information is then handed over to the local police and they make the recovery.
- Answered by Tyler B from Elk Grove
- Aug 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will phone tracker work if location services is turned off?
- Asked by Chris F from Sugar Grove
- Sep 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will phone tracker work if location services is turned off?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Will this device turn on a computer?
- Asked by Ken F from Edison
- Dec 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this device turn on a computer?)
- Asked about: Belkin WeMo Switch
Looking to buy a Mac, unsure though?
- Asked by Evan M from Florence
- Feb 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Looking to buy a Mac, unsure though?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet