Which Macbook is best for a Software Engineering Student?
I will be going into university this year studying Software Engineering.
On my laptop I will be running Windows 7/8 some times to use windows programs
I need it for programming and all the basics.
Which 13inch MacBook should I get? And also which option(i.e. How much RAM, HD, etc...)
My Budget is $1500.
- Asked by Karam A from Brampton
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Macbook is best for a Software Engineering Student?)
2 Answers from the Community
Well go to macbook pro retina. I bought one. I'm also an engineering student like you. But I recommend you get 256 GB ssd so that you have enough room for both mac and windows partition. 8 gb ram is also good if you want to run parallels on it.
- Answered by Jemerson C from Davao City
- Dec 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
For programming the processor is important so I would recommend the macbook pro 13" with 2.9ghz, this is assuming that your budget is excluding tax.
- Answered by Ryan F from College Station
- Aug 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Mechanical Engineering student: Which MBP with retina is best?
- Asked by Jayson C from Maumee
- Aug 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Mechanical Engineering student: Which MBP with retina is best?)