Data Backup 3 is a powerful utility that allows you to back up, restore, and synchronize your valuable data with minimal effort. Whether you're a new computer user or a seasoned professional, Data Backup 3 offers you just the right amount of power, flexibility, and ease-of-use to help you protect your files fast.
You can back up to FireWire and USB drives, network drives, CDs, and even DVDs. Data Backup 3 lets you make schedules so you don't need to think about backing up. It takes care of backups automatically. By separating basic functions from advanced features, Data Backup will save your valuable data with just a few mouse clicks.
- No complicated setup--built-in backup sets to quickly back up your iTunes or iPhoto files, other important data, or your entire system.
- Custom create your own backup sets. Just drag and drop.
- "Fast Start" feature pre-selects the files to be backed up, saving you time (requires OS X v10.4 or later).
- Go back in time and see your files and directories, as they were when your backups happened.
- Schedule your backups to automatically run at a specific time, on a recurring basis, or when a drive is connected.
- Have your Mac automatically wake from sleep to execute scheduled backups.
- Run backups whether you're logged in or not.
- Create a bootable clone of your hard drive.
- Choose to compress and/or password protect your backups.
- Backup to any mounted drive, including FireWire, USB, ATA, or networked.
- Backup to CD/DVD disks automatically span on multiple disks.
- Creates an exact copy of a folder or a drive, including bootable OS X backups.
- Synchronize folders; perfect if you use more than one computer.
- Mac OS x v10.2.4 or later
- PowerPC or Intel Core Duo processor
- Mfr. Part Number: 33100
- UPC or EAN No.: 794038331006
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Ok except for encryption
I have been trying for six weeks to get an encrypted backup to work with no success. I have been working with thier customer supp I have been trying for six weeks to get an encrypted backup to work with no success. I have been working with thier customer support, who are very fast and responsive, but to no avail. The problem is it just will not restore from an encrypted backup. If you want to use it for non-encrypted purpses it works fine. …
- Written by Shannon S from Indianapolis
149 of 209 people found this useful
Nice Product and Great Support
I will echo the comments of those below. The product just works. With Time Machine on the Macs it is easy to take backups for gr I will echo the comments of those below. The product just works. With Time Machine on the Macs it is easy to take backups for granted. but hardware still fails. With more and more of our lives stored digitally, do you really want to lose those baby pictures or that sound file of your grandfather telling the family stories? Maybe you can get it back with Time Machine, but an photographer/film maker friend spent almost a week with Apple on the phone recapturing his business works and files over the past ten years. Why not have a external drive and at least a weekly backup? Most of us can lose a week of files (or find them with TM) but years?
And these guys spend enough time on the phone to solve the problem not just "take two reboots and call me in the morning." …
- Written by Jim B from Rockwall
55 of 55 people found this useful
Bugs, bugs and more bugs
I had very little luck with this app. The backup schedules disappear or become damaged, source and destination volumes/folders dis I had very little luck with this app. The backup schedules disappear or become damaged, source and destination volumes/folders disappear and have to be reset every few backups, can't save new scripts most of the time (save script is grayed out), I have to duplicate existing scripts and "save as", can't make "do a full scan" option stick, it would often miss files, often when I tried to re-add a destination after it disappeared it says that the source was already used do I want to read the information? Whether I click yes or no it doesn't add the source, I have to remove the .indeligible (or whatever that's called) using the terminal, then I can re-add the destination. Useless logs on top of that. Really weird GUI and options. After two backup scripts disappeared from the list yesterday I got fed up and I've gone back to Retrospect Express (I wanted a native app and the ability to delete oldest backups). Hopefully Retrospect X will address those. Wasted 60 bucks...
2.66GHz MacPro, 10.5.2, 12GB RAM …
- Written by Adam D from Maspeth
63 of 74 people found this useful
Great Great Product
When Data Backup first came out, I bought it at a Mac World convention, and this was years ago. I've kept using it ever since. I When Data Backup first came out, I bought it at a Mac World convention, and this was years ago. I've kept using it ever since. I make clone drives, and have had to use them after a couple of drive failures. DB has always worked as well as it could work for the clone process. It does a lot more than cloning and I admit I haven't used those, but they look easy to set up if that's what you want to do. What I feel is truly exceptional about the Pro Soft company is their tech support. You call on the phone, you get someone almost immediately, and they help you solve whatever the issue might be. I can say without reservation that their customer support service is the absolute tops of any software company I have ever dealt with, and this has been consistently true since Day 1 when I first bought the product. This alone is worth the price. …
- Written by Carole M from Nevada City
I believe the true test of a product is not only how well it works but how well it is supported when something goes wrong.
I c I believe the true test of a product is not only how well it works but how well it is supported when something goes wrong.
I created an issue by deleteing my cache using mackeeper to allegedly clean up my system. Anyway it broke databackup.
Prosoft support was very responsive and had the issue diagnosed and resolved as soon as I provided them with the information they required. …
- Written by Franz G from Tecumseh
41 of 41 people found this useful
The ice age of backup programs
Slow takes on new meaning. Gave up trying to configure a backup.
- Written by Richard M from Fort Lauderdale
37 of 48 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will it work with Lion?
- Asked by Patrick M from Dallas
- Aug 16, 2011
Yes it works with Lion. I've been using this software since Snow Leopard and when I upgraded to Lion Yes it works with Lion. I've been using this software since Snow Leopard and when I upgraded to Lion it still worked. Just make sure you run the updates and you'll be fine. It's a simple and very good program that does exactly what you want and need it to do. Good Luck.
- Answered by John D from Brick
- Aug 26, 2012
Can This App Backup to a Networked Drive with MacBook Pro Early 2011. 2.2GHz i7 quad core 4GB RAM running OSX Snow Leopard version 10.6.8
- Asked by Justin E from Marshfield
- Jun 29, 2011