Fly and roll
Turn any place into a playground with Parrot's MiniDrone Rolling Spider robot. Simply connect it to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Bluetooth Smart technology, then take control using the FreeFlight 3 app. You'll quickly have Rolling Spider weaving through the air and showing off its acrobatic moves.
With a click of your finger, Rolling Spider flips 360 degrees and with a simple swipe it can turn 90 degrees and 180 degrees. Take advantage of pre-programmed acrobatic moves in FreeFlight 3 to keep everyone entertained.
The agile, ultra-compact drone
Attach removable wheels to your Rolling Spider and get ready to roll it across the floor, up a wall, or across the ceiling. The sky's the limit.
Take a photo
Every 16 milliseconds the vertical camera takes pictures of a set point on the ground. It then compares each photo to the previous one in order to determine Rolling Spider's speed.
- Tactile, highly intuitive driving control thanks to Bluetooth Smart technology and the FreeFlight 3 app
- First quadricopter to fly and roll on the ceiling
- Indoors and outdoors, fly up to 11 mph or 18 km/h with one of the most stable quadricopters of this size
- Flip it a full 360 degrees or use a simple swipe to turn 90 or 180 degrees
- Easy piloting with the free FreeFlight 3 app; offers a control range of up to 65 feet/20 meters (also pilots MiniDrone Jumping Sumo)
- An accelerometer and gyroscope inside the Rolling Spider measure and analyze its every movement
- Automatic pilot mode corrects Rolling Spider's angle and position
- Take photos with the embedded, vertical mini-camera
- Available in three colors (white, blue, red) and comes with a set of 12 stickers for customizing
- Removable Lithium-Polymer battery provides up to eight minutes of flying time (six minutes with wheels); also compatible with MiniDrone Jumping Sumo
- Freefall take-off
Did you notice?FreeFlight 3 app offers exciting pre-programmed moves.
Apple Recommends ForAmusing you and your friends with this acrobatic robot controlled by your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Parrot MiniDrones Rolling Spider Robot
- Two wheels and one axle
- micro USB charging cable
- Quick start guide
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Weight: 2.29 oz./65 g
- Mfr. Part Number: PF723001
- UPC or EAN No.: 3520410022463
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 12 months from the initial date of purchase (excluding consumables which are warranted during 6 months from the initial date of purchase) upon presentation of proof of purchase of the retailer (including the date and place of purchase, product serial #).
1 App, 3 Parrot Drones!
Get FreeFlight 3, the free and official control app to pilot the Parrot Drones (Bebop Drone, Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider).
SUPER-INTUITIVE – Piloting Parrot drones have never been easier thanks to the adjustable interface, which is able to adapt to the connected drone. FreeFlight 3 is equipped with an intuitive tactile control interface, adapted for beginners that allows you to jump, fly and roll like a pro within minutes! Easily control the Parrot drones by leaning your smartphone/tablet in the direction you want your drone to fly!
EASY PAIRING - Freeflight 3 App automatically detects the type of Parrot drone you are piloting.
How to connect to Bebop Drone: Switch on the drone, activate the Wi-Fi of your tablet/smartphone. In the network menu, select “Bebop”. Launch FreeFlight 3.
How to connect to Rolling Spider: Switch on the drone, activate the Bluetooth of your tablet/smartphone and launch FreeFlight 3. Turn on the drone, activate your Tablet/Smartphone’s Bluetooth and launch FreeFlight 3.
How to connect to Jumping Sumo: Switch on the drone, activate the Wi-Fi of your tablet/smartphone. In the network menu, select “Jumping Sumo”. Launch FreeFlight 3.
ACROBATIC FIGURES – Parrot Bebop drone is a lightweight, yet robust quadricopter, equipped with a 14 megapixel "fisheye" camera. Once on the welcome screen, you will access the following functionalities: Piloting, photos/videos, flight plan, Cloud "Pilot Academy"... You can also complete user settings for altitude and speed, piloting mode (accelerometer, virtual joystick...). FreeFlight app also includes fun features such as one-touch Flip!
Parrot Jumping Sumo is a responsive robot with a personality! It rolls, rushes, zigzags, circles, takes turns at 90° and, in a flash, jumps up to 80cm in height and length! Jumping Sumo offers 3 piloting modes: Auto-Balance, Kicker and Jumper. You can roll and jump anywhere!
Parrot Rolling Spider is an ultra-compact flying drone with impressive agility. It flies indoors and outdoors with great speed and stability. It rips through the air, flips and thanks to its removable wheels, rolls from floor to ceiling! With Rolling Spider and FreeFlight 3, you can be rapid, agile, perform aerobatics and 90° (and 180°) turns thanks to the “swipe” control feature!
VIDEO & PHOTO – Parrot Bebop Drone photo and video stream is synchronized in real time on your smartphone. Share your best shots instantly on Facebook or Picassa. Showcase your flights on Youtube with the touch of a finger. Jumping Sumo is equipped with a wide-angle camera that streams the video on the screen of the piloting Smartphone or the Tablet. You discover the world at the height of the Jumping Sumo and explore areas that were inaccessible until now. It can also take pictures and videos which are stored on a micro-USB stick (not included) plugged directly into the robot. The vertical camera of Rolling Spider can be used to take snapshots.
ROAD PLAN – A ‘road plan’ enables you to program a sequence of actions. When you access the application, the itinerary appears amongst the pre-defined movements of your Jumping Sumo. Create your best figures to impress your friends!
Roll, jump, fly!
DRONE ACADEMY - Connect to Parrot Cloud to share your stats with other pilots. Keep track of all your sessions and share your photos, videos and navigation data with other members of the Parrot Cloud. Connect to share instantly to YouTube or Facebook. Join Pilot Academy with over 150,000 pilots registered. Free backup of your sessions and acrobatics data.
For an overview on piloting the drones, check out our tutorial videos. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Coolest mini-drone ever
1) To start, this drone is so much smaller than you think. I can easily wrap the palm of my hand around it. 2) It is the easiest t 1) To start, this drone is so much smaller than you think. I can easily wrap the palm of my hand around it. 2) It is the easiest thing to connect, it connects automatically within seconds. 3) The wheels that attach that help you go on the ceiling are extremely fun to use. 4) The only downside is that you really only get a solid 8-10 minutes to use it before it dies. …
- Written by Anthony F from Dana Point
104 of 118 people found this useful
Battery life not as advertised
Had the drone for about a week. Is very fun, and easy to fly. However, within a day or two of having the product, battery life b Had the drone for about a week. Is very fun, and easy to fly. However, within a day or two of having the product, battery life began to be a huge issue. At the end, a "full" charge was lasting less than 30 seconds. Product returned, I'll wait until the kinks are worked out. …
- Written by Donald N from Janesville
91 of 107 people found this useful
very fun product
it really fun product , but the battery should last longer at least 30 min , 8 to 10min is not enough , but very fun Im happy wit it really fun product , but the battery should last longer at least 30 min , 8 to 10min is not enough , but very fun Im happy with it …
- Written by jorge V from sylmar
63 of 82 people found this useful
Good, Bad, Goodish Bad
IT HAS NO BATTERY LIFE
- Written by Amal T from Wellington
1 of 1 people found this useful
Everything is great until upgrade firmware.
Mine was flying great with no problem. Then I upgrade firmware from 1.0.80 to 1.0.103 then I can see battery life drops 1% per sec Mine was flying great with no problem. Then I upgrade firmware from 1.0.80 to 1.0.103 then I can see battery life drops 1% per second. Don't upgrade firmware if it is doing fine ! …
- Written by Kai Chi Robert L from Hong Kong
2 of 2 people found this useful
Worst Drone Ever
Bought one rolling spider and it worked for 1/2 a day. Suddenly it would just spin in place and then cut off. Returned it and got Bought one rolling spider and it worked for 1/2 a day. Suddenly it would just spin in place and then cut off. Returned it and got another. Charged it up and went outside. The drone took off and didn't stop! Just kept rising until it disconnected. So now the 2nd drone is gone! I will never buy another product from Parrot and you shouldn't either. …
- Written by Andrew P from Downingtown
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you take pictures with the rolling spider drone?
- Asked by Roger M from Pilgrims Knob
- Aug 10, 2014
Yes. It has a small camera on the bottom and the shutter is activated from the app. You can then dow Yes. It has a small camera on the bottom and the shutter is activated from the app. You can then download them from the internal memory of the drone to your device. …
- Answered by Kyle H from Chino Hills
- Aug 18, 2014
how far(height and distance) can it fly
- Asked by Tianyue G from Santa Rosa
- Oct 22, 2014
the distance that the Rolling spider MiniDrone can fly and roll away from you is 20 Meters (66 Feet) the distance that the Rolling spider MiniDrone can fly and roll away from you is 20 Meters (66 Feet). As for the height Parrot haven't said, I reckon it'll be about 5 meters though. …
- Answered by Oscar L from Bowral
- Nov 9, 2014
How big is the Parrot MiniDrone?
- Asked by Fred G from Santa Fe
- Jul 23, 2014
It is soooo small, it fits in the palm of my hand
- Answered by Anthony F from Dana Point
- Jul 24, 2014
does it have camera
- Asked by Amirhossein G
- Sep 3, 2014
Yes, It has a camera on its bottom.
- Answered by Jacqueline H from Los Angeles
- Oct 18, 2014
Can you buy an external battery for it?
- Asked by Leah B from Vancouver
- Nov 20, 2014
does it live stream and make video
- Asked by Irfan A
- Aug 6, 2014
- Answered by Carlos M from Miami
- Aug 14, 2014