Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is the fastest, most seamless, and most intuitive way to run Windows* and Mac applications side by side, without rebooting. Powerful performance lets you run Windows productivity applications–even graphics intensive ones–with ease. If you're new to Mac, keep the familiar Windows experience–and apps such as Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Access, and OneNote–on your Mac. If you love the look and feel of Mac OS, make Windows invisible while still using its applications. Either way, run Windows and Mac applications side by side with no compromises in performance.
Extensive Mac OS support
Run Windows applications like they were made for Mac. Experience intuitive features like Launchpad, Mission Control, and Dictation with your Windows apps. It's easy thanks to compatibility with with OS X Mavericks (10.9), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), OS X Lion (10.7.5), and OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4).
In addition to Windows 8, other OSs can also run in Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac, including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux, and Google Chrome OS. Parallels Desktop 9 is the fastest way to run the most graphic-intensive Windows programs and the most powerful cross-platform Windows development tools side-by-side.
Sync iCloud, SkyDrive, Dropbox, and more, without unnecessary duplication of files locally. Parallels Desktop also provides two modes for adaptability with different networking environments.
A must-have in the Mac-based business
An office full of Macs can still run the business-critical Windows applications that you, your customers, and your partners need.
Perfect if you're new to Mac
Start with the familiar look of Windows. Then add more and more of the Mac look, feel, and experience to your Windows programs at your pace.
- Use Launchpad, Mission Control, OS X gestures, and Dictation with your Windows apps
- Seamlessly run Windows and Mac apps on one Mac
- Install Windows on a Mac in just three steps
- Run Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, and more
- Sync iCloud, SkyDrive, Dropbox, etc., without unnecessary duplication of files locally
- Use your iSight or FaceTime HD camera with your Windows applications
- Unwind and enjoy your favorite music, games, and video with 7.1 Surround Sound
Did you notice?Lets you use convenient Mac OS X features such as Mission Control and Launchpad while running Windows applications.
Apple Recommends ForFor home users, business professionals, students, and passionate gamers who want the fastest, smartest, and most powerful way to run Windows on their Mac without rebooting.
What's in the Box?
- Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac license
- Complimentary Mac and Windows security software trial subscriptions and online backup and recovery trial subscriptions
- Installation and quick reference guide
- Internet Access: Internet Access Required
- Media: Activation Code & Download Link
- Mac OS X v10.6.8, v10.7.5, v10.8.4, v10.9
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core Solo and Core Duo processors no longer supported)
- At least 700 MB of free hard-drive space for Parallels Desktop installation plus space to allocate to your virtual machine.
- 4 GB of RAM recommended to run Windows 7
- Mfr. Part Number: PDFM9L-BX1-NT-EN
- UPC or EAN No.: 846829002340
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 30 days
- *Windows and other operating systems sold separately.
Ratings & Reviews
Be aware that if you update to a new OS version, you will have to buy a new version every year, i.e., Parallels Desktop 7 will not Be aware that if you update to a new OS version, you will have to buy a new version every year, i.e., Parallels Desktop 7 will not work with Mavericks. In the end, it turns out to be a very expensive software. Wish they would have better customer support and offer at least one version update for free.
The software itself works although there are minor issues with the DVD drive and other stuff. I would give it four stars. …
- Written by Peter N from Woodside
195 of 205 people found this useful
Best program for running Windows on a Mac
Parallels 9 is the best program for running Windows programs on a Mac. Switching between Mac and Windiws programs requires jus one Parallels 9 is the best program for running Windows programs on a Mac. Switching between Mac and Windiws programs requires jus one mouse click. Switch back and forth as many times as you want,with no problems. Beats Apple's boot camp hands down! Does not slow down any program on the Mac, and the Windows programs run flawlessly. The only issue is having to use the Windows operating system, but that has nothing to do with Parallels. …
- Written by Stephen J C from New Hope
79 of 86 people found this useful
Parallels works better the more current/powerful your Macintosh is
About a year ago I had to rebuild my laptop on which I had installed a bootcamp partition in addition to my Apple OS. I had instal About a year ago I had to rebuild my laptop on which I had installed a bootcamp partition in addition to my Apple OS. I had installed drivers on both sides that allowed each to read each others' files, but I had to reboot the laptop to move between the Windows and Apple OSs. After sitting down with a genius bar specialist, we came up with a solution to let both OSs read each other's files within a single partition by using Parallels. The only problem was that I was installing it in my five-year-old MacBook Pro. I had upped the hard-drive and memory as far as I could, but was still limited by the processor's speed. It wasn't until this June, when by the happy confluence of my birthday and Father's day being only a week apart, that I got a new MacBook Air. I transferred my disk data (using a Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter, which I highly recommend), and after adjusting a few settings, my systems now purr along, and I no longer wait for what seemed the eternities for the system to make the switches. Now If I could only reclaim an unneeded partition within the Parallels virtual machine I'd be set! …
- Written by jeffrey P
51 of 58 people found this useful
I really like Parallels Desktop
It does what VMWare and VirtualBox say they do, but it works. Open a WIndows or OS X application by clicking. Clicking on a file t It does what VMWare and VirtualBox say they do, but it works. Open a WIndows or OS X application by clicking. Clicking on a file type for a Windows app loads that app. Incredible. I love software that actually works. …
- Written by David A from Glendale
1 of 1 people found this useful
Switched from Windows to Mac. Still need specific windows software.
I recently migrated to the OSx platform from Windows 7 but I still need to run a couple of windows only based software. Parallels I recently migrated to the OSx platform from Windows 7 but I still need to run a couple of windows only based software. Parallels does exactly what it says it will. I can run the windows applications from the OSX desktop without issue. Recommended. …
- Written by Kevin S from petaluma
1 of 1 people found this useful
Parallels is great
Great product. Runs as advertised.
- Written by Steven C from Tavernier
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will this work with osx 10.9.2 ?
- Asked by Zackary W from Amarillo
- Apr 22, 2014
Install the latest version from the Parallels website and you will be fine
- Answered by Demetrios K from Charlotte
- May 1, 2014
If I purchase Parallels 9 for Mac, would I be able to then purchase windows only software such as Quicken Home & Business?
- Asked by Zac W from Gilbert
- Jul 16, 2014
will pinnacle ultimate 11 run with "Parallels" on Mac book Pro?
- Asked by Klaus K from Escondido
- Jun 25, 2014
Does Parallels 9 run 64bit installations of Windows 7?
- Asked by Tyler G from Steamboat Springs
- Jun 4, 2014
Yes... Great job! Loaded other apps in windows 7, all worked great!
- Answered by George B from St. Marys
- Jun 12, 2014
Running Quickbooks for Windows - Any problems I should expect?
- Asked by Laura M from Laguna Beach
- Jan 4, 2014
I see this post was in January... did you make the move (running QB on windows OS via parallels)? I I see this post was in January... did you make the move (running QB on windows OS via parallels)? If so, working great? Thanks... I'm making the same move next week - just making sure it will not be a mistake :) …
- Answered by Mike D from Dawsonville
- May 2, 2014