The Lytro Camera is in the vanguard of camera technology, offering light field capture in a consumer-level camera. It lets you and your friends refocus photos or shift their perspective after you've taken them. And with the camera's Wi-Fi capability and the free Lytro app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can easily share images on the web. The 16GB camera can store up to 750 Light Field Pictures (.lfp), while the 8GB model holds up to 350.
See all the light
The Lytro Camera is one of the first consumer cameras that records the entire light field instead of a 2D image. And that changes everything.
By capturing the light field, the camera lets you do such remarkable things as refocus pictures you've already taken on your camera, your iOS device, your Mac, or on the web.
Do more than tell a story
Now every picture you take is a chance to tell a new kind of story — refocus, change perspective, and add Living Filters to create a new look.
Too much fun to keep to yourself
Too much fun to keep to yourself
Using the free Lytro app and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch—or the free Lytro Desktop—you can easily import and share your pictures with your friends on the web, Facebook, and elsewhere.
Change your perspective
Lytro’s newest light field capability, Perspective Shift, allows you to interactively change your point of view in a picture, after you’ve taken it. On your Mac or iOS device, you can shift the living picture in any direction; left, right, up, down, and all around.
- 11-megaray light field sensor captures a high number of light rays for stunning pictures you repeatedly refocus
- Easily view images on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 8x optical zoom lets bring distant objects up close, while maintaining an aperture of f/2
- Lytro mobile app and built-in wireless provide a convenient way to share your living pictures from your iOS device while on the go
- Everyday and Creative modes for enhanced control over the camera's effects
- ISO from 80 to 3200 accommodates a wide range of lighting conditions
- Auto white balance control helps ensure optimal image color and vibrancy
- 1.5-inch backlit touch-screen LCD offers a clear view of your shots and helps simplify operation
- Sleek, yet durable, Lytro camera sleeve keeps your camera in mint condition
Did you notice?Lytro app and integral wireless let you share your images anytime, anywhere from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Apple Recommends ForCapture the entire light field for each image, then re-focus it or change the perspective on your iOS device or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Lytro light field camera
- Lytro camera sleeve
- Lens cap
- Micro-USB cable for data transfer and charging (3.28 ft./1 m)
- Wrist strap
- Cleaner cloth
- Display Size: 1.52 in./3.86 cm
- Resolution: 11 Megarays
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Mfr. Part Number: M04-100011-NA
- UPC or EAN No.: 854928003663
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit https://www.lytro.com/legal/warranty/)
- The Lytro Mobile App supports iOS 6.1 and higher, iPhone 4 and later and iPod touch 4th generation and later.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the camera take rapid photos like a DSLR?
- Asked by Alex B from Valley View
- Feb 7, 2014
Can I export pics to photoshop etc once focussed and what size are they? Pixels / DPI?
- Asked by Alex H
- Dec 11, 2013
Yes, you can export the picture from the Lytro Desktop application as a standard, 2D jpeg file that' Yes, you can export the picture from the Lytro Desktop application as a standard, 2D jpeg file that's 1MP. You have options to export the refocused jpeg, an all-in-focus jpeg, a red-cyan 3D jpg, or a full-color 3D jpg. The iOS app also has an animated GIF export option, which Photoshop can open. …
- Answered by Josh A from San Francisco
- Jan 28, 2014
Pictures taken with Lytro Camera go on my Photo Stream on iCloud?
- Asked by Alex M from London
- Nov 27, 2013
It's not an iOS device so it would not only be surprising for it to post to Photo Stream, if it did It's not an iOS device so it would not only be surprising for it to post to Photo Stream, if it did it would advertise it well and you would know. It does, however say that it WiFi transfers it's images to it's own app on your iOS device so as long as you do that and export the photos into your camera roll (having used their app to convert it to a format that can be saved to your iOS camera roll prior to export) then you should have no problems with your iOS device automatically uploading all (converted) photos from this thing to Photo Stream. As far as saving the photos in their native format here's what the site says (looks like it has it's own cloud service):
Share in the moment, wirelessly.
The free Lytro Mobile App, combined with your camera's built in Wi-Fi capabilities, allows you to upload living pictures directly to your Lytro Web Gallery and Facebook from your iPhone or iPod Touch. You can process your living pictures for Perspective Shift, export to anaglyph red and blue 3D JPG, and save them to your camera roll. Lytro Mobile also lets you share living pictures to Twitter or Facebook, or save them as an animated GIF to send to your friends and family. …
- Answered by Ian D from Lafayette
- Dec 10, 2013