More compact and powerful
Record and share all your exploits while controlling the HERO3+ Silver Edition camera from the app on your iPhone or iPad. It’s even easier now that the camera is 15 percent smaller and lighter and the image processor is two times faster. This also means it’s a snap to wear or mount the most advanced Silver Edition yet on your sports gear. For maximum versatility it's waterproof to 131 feet (40 meters). And with 30-percent longer battery life, you can catch even more action.
New faster processor lets you capture video at 1080p-60, 960p-60, and 720p-120 resolutions and frame rates. It also improves low-light performance and image sharpness, while reducing distortion.
The HERO3+ Silver Edition captures 10MP still photos and has a burst capture rate of 10 frames per second. Time-lapse photo capture mode enables automatic photo capture at 0.5, 2, 5, 10, 30, and 60-second intervals.
Record the subtle, natural sounds of voice and music as well as the raucous, intense sounds of your favorite sport. Wind-noise reduction makes sure that you hear more detail during high-speed activities.
Sharp Images with less distortion
The reduced-distortion aspherical lens combines with user-selectable 1080p Ultra-wide, Medium, and Narrow field-of-views to deliver professional grade perspective-capture options. The flat-lens waterproof housing delivers stunning image sharpness both above and below water.
Faster integral Wi-Fi delivers enhanced connectivity to the GoPro App and the Wi-Fi Remote (sold separately. The Wi-Fi Remote is a waterproof, wearable remote control that can control up to 50 Wi-Fi-enabled GoPros at a time from a range of 600 feet. The GoPro App gives you full camera control, live scene preview, and sharing on any compatible iPhone or iPad. It also provides convenient wireless camera software updates.
- 15 percent smaller and lighter than earlier Silver Edition cameras
- Two times faster image processor
- Professional-quality video at 1080p 60fps/ 960p 60 fps / 720p 120 fps and more
- Enhanced low-light performance, improved image sharpness, and reduced distortion
- 30-percent longer battery life
- 10MP photo capture with 10 fps
- Wi-Fi built in compatible with the WiFi Remote (sold separately) and GoPro App
- Wireless camera updates via GoPro App
- Advanced audio system with wind noise reduction
- Waterproof to 131 feet/40 meters
- Compatible with all GoPro mounts for attaching to your body, gear, vehicles, and more
- Compatible with GoPro LCD Touch BacPac and Battery BacPac (not included)
Did you notice?Easily control your GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition Camera using the free GoPro App.
Apple Recommends ForCapture and share your most exciting and memorable moments and watch them on your iPhone and iPad.
What's in the Box?
- GoPro HERO3+ Video Camera - Silver Edition
- Waterproof housing (Safe to depths of 131 ft./40 m)
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Quick-release buckle
- Vertical quick-release buckle
- One curved and one flat adhesive mount
- Three-way pivot mount
- USB charging cable
- Resolution: 10 MP
- Other Features: All Weather, Still Photos, Upgradeable / Expandable, USB Printing, Video, Video Converter, Waterproof, Wireless
- Memory Cards: MicroSD
- Camera Type: HD Video, Point and Shoot
- Focal Length: 2.77
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Battery Type: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Height: 3.9 cm/1.55 in.
- Width: 0.2 cm/0.08 in.
- Weight: 74 g
- Length: 5.84 cm/2.3 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 561350520
- UPC or EAN No.: 818279010855
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit www.gopro.com/support/articles/warranty-information)
Control. View. Share.
The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Get full remote control of all camera functions—take a photo, start/stop recording and conveniently adjust settings. See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing. View photos and play back videos, then share your favorites via email, text, Instagram™, Facebook® and more.* Plus, use it to wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software on the go for the latest features and best performance.
• NEW Use the GoPro App to wirelessly update your HERO3+ camera software
• NEW Use the GoPro App to wirelessly update your camera Wi-Fi network name and password
• NEW Preview video in near real-time with up to 4x faster** live video preview for HERO3+ cameras
• Full remote control of all camera functions
• View photos and play back videos*
• Copy photos and videos* to your device, then share via email, text, Instagram, Facebook or other app
• Browse and delete files on the camera’s microSD card
• View the GoPro Photo and Video of the Day
• HERO3 (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
• HD HERO2 with Wi-Fi BacPac™ (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
Questions? Contact GoPro Customer Support at gopro.com/contact. For a directory of Customer Support phone numbers by country, visit gopro.com/support/telephone-numbers.
*Compatible with videos captured in select modes only. Compatibility varies by device.
**Optimized for iPhone 5. Actual results may vary.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is it compatible with ipad air?
- Asked by Carlos G from Los Laurels
- Mar 18, 2014
I am using this with a iPad Mini with Retina running 7.1 and it's working perfectly fine so Hi,
I am using this with a iPad Mini with Retina running 7.1 and it's working perfectly fine so I am assuming a iPad Air wouldn't be a issue for a unit in the league of action camera this is in. You will more than possibly need a active data connection on the iPad. …
- Answered by Nathan H from Golden Square
- Apr 9, 2014
what are the differences between GoPro Hero3+black and GoPro Hero3+silver edition
- Asked by Ibrahim O from Bursa
- Jul 5, 2014
Does GoPro App work with the new black addition
- Asked by Carolyn S N from Orange
- Dec 26, 2013
do i need any aditional device to use go pro hero3+ silver edition with iphone app?
- Asked by Agustin G
- Mar 11, 2014
No. The camera has a built in Wi-Fi system that allows you to connect to your phone or tablet. You m No. The camera has a built in Wi-Fi system that allows you to connect to your phone or tablet. You may be thinking about the wifi remote which is an optional accessory that can control your GoPro in extreme conditions. …
- Answered by Adam V
- Apr 14, 2014
what kind of mount is used for this video camera
- Asked by B M F from Shelby
- Dec 25, 2013