The iRig HD from IK Multimedia is the first high-quality audio interface to allow a direction connection to your devices with Lightning, 30-pin, or USB connectors—so you can be playing through your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac in seconds.
Wherever you might be, iRig HD provides a pure high-quality digital input signal. The integral 24-bit A/D ultra-transparent converter accurately preserves the details of your instrument. So you get studio-quality sound on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or MacBook.
The built-in standard 1/4-inch Hi-Z instrument input jack lets you connect to your iOS device with the included 30-pin cable or Lightning cable. There's also an onboard gain control for dialing in the perfect signal level for your instrument and apps. Plus a multicolor LED indicates interface and signal activity.
One interface you can play everywhere
iRig HD works everywhere you do. It also comes with a handy USB cable and is class compliant, so you can plug right in to your MacBook or desktop Mac and keep playing. Easily start a project on your iPad and then finish it on your Mac with the same great tone.
Plug into favorite music creation apps
iRig HD is compatible with the full range of IK AmpliTube apps, including AmpliTube Fender, AmpliTube Slash, and AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, as well as any other apps which support digital audio, whether on Mac or iOS.
You can also unlock four exclusive gear models inside AmpliTube, IK's award-winning guitar and bass gear modeling apps. Whether you have a full version of AmpliTube, or AmpliTube FREE, plug in your iRig HD for the first time, and these four outstanding models will instantly appear in your gear collection.
You also get the complete AmpliTube Metal collection for Mac, which features 48 gear models, including amps, cabinets, and stomps. You receive presets ranging from vintage 80s shred to the ultra high-gain sounds of contemporary metal.
- Easily connect your guitar or bass to your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac
- Studio-quality digital interface delivers outstanding sound quality, and lets you dial in the best setting for your individual instrument
- Connects instantly with no installation and works with a huge range of music creation apps on iOS and Mac
- Lightning, 30-pin, and USB cables all included, so no adaptors are required
- High-quality instrument-level 1/4-inch Hi-Z input jack
- Preamp gain control
- High-quality low-noise, high-definition preamp
- High-quality 24-bit A/D conversion
- 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate
- Powered by the iOS device or USB
- Includes free software for Mac; also unlocks exclusive free content inside IK's AmpliTube apps
Did you notice?Fully compatible with a wide variety of music creation apps, in particular gear modeling apps such as IK's AmpliTube.
Apple Recommends ForDirectly connect your guitar, bass, or line-level instruments to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or MacBook so you can jam anywhere.
What's in the Box?
- iRig HD interface
- Detachable Lightning, 30pin, and USB cables
- Serial card for free AmpliTube software download for Mac
- Quick-start guide
- Input Type: 1/4 Inch Mono
- Height: 0.9 in./2.29 cm
- Width: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
- Weight: 1.6 oz./45.36 g
- Length: 3.9 in./9.91 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: IP-IRIG-HD-APL
- UPC or EAN No.: 8025813456037
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
Perfect iOS/OS Guitar Practice Tool
I love the iRig HD for practicing guitar on my iPhone or MacBook Air using GarageBand. I also record with it on the MacBook Air in I love the iRig HD for practicing guitar on my iPhone or MacBook Air using GarageBand. I also record with it on the MacBook Air in GaragaeBand. Unlike the original iRig (30 pin) I get absolutely no feedback using single coil pickups. IK's app Amplitude isn't the best just use GarageBand instead which already comes with a lifetime of Amp and Stomp Box modeling to get any sound you are looking for. If you are just messing around at home or starting out then the iRig series is what you are looking for. Professional musicians will be more interested in Apogee's gear. …
- Written by Daniel P from South Portland
This iRigHD get rid my old GFX707!
It worth the money as it can really replace my previous Zoom GFX707 with such a weight at such a price. The noise issue has been o It worth the money as it can really replace my previous Zoom GFX707 with such a weight at such a price. The noise issue has been obviously solved from it previous edition. I really like the multi-cable design to fit my lightning and 30pin plug iProducts. …
- Written by Sin Tou Tobby F from Stony Point
16 of 17 people found this useful
Warning : Doesn't fit iPad Air with Smart Case
The iRig HD, unlike the older iRig, connects to either the dock connector or the Lightning connector (depending on your model of i The iRig HD, unlike the older iRig, connects to either the dock connector or the Lightning connector (depending on your model of iPod/iPad).
I tried the iRig HD with an iPad Air fitted with the Smart Case. This case has a cut-out for the Lightning connector, which isn't big enough to accommodate the iRig's lightning plug, which is noticeably fatter than the Apple charge/sync cable end.
As anybody with this case knows, it's a tight fit to the iPad and it's not that easy to get in or out of, so it's not something I want to do every time I play with the iRig. Very annoying.
Anyway, when out of the case, the product sounds good with Garageband, although I found it difficult to set the gain appropriately. A 'noise gate' effect cut off the decay of my guitar notes prematurely unless I turn the gain on full, in which case the red light (indicating gain is too high and I assume clipping is occurring) is on constantly. I am assuming there is an option to adjust the noise gate threshold in Garageband somewhere, so this can be probably tweaked to perfection.
I haven't played with the Amplitube software yet. There are a bunch of effects that are exclusive to the iRig HD, but they didn't activate for me. I didn't persevere long enough to figure out how to add them, as I am not sure if I'm keeping the product because of the aforementioned issue. …
- Written by garry S from new westminster
11 of 27 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the iRig work with a bass guitar?
- Asked by Minoka L from Corryton
- Sep 8, 2014
Yes, iRig HD works very well with bass guitar.
- Answered by Peter T from Gibsonia
- Sep 9, 2014
does iRig work with macbook air?
- Asked by Brayden B from Salt Lake City
- Jul 29, 2014
Yes it does.
- Answered by Joel M from Taylorsville
- Jul 31, 2014
Can this device be used to play/practice along with music from the device's iTunes library?
- Asked by Benjamin M from San Diego
- Jan 22, 2014
It is Core Audio compatible and works with many apps that provide this very feature. The AmpliTube a It is Core Audio compatible and works with many apps that provide this very feature. The AmpliTube app is one that allows you to play along with songs on your iPad. …
- Answered by Joel M from Taylorsville
- Apr 16, 2014
what is in the box
- Asked by Yuyang H from Dallas
- Oct 5, 2013
30 Pin Cable
Coupon Codes (for Amplitube Metal for Mac) & Inst iRig HD
30 Pin Cable
Coupon Codes (for Amplitube Metal for Mac) & Instructions …
- Answered by Leonard P
- Nov 4, 2013