Adobe® InDesign® CS6
Adobe® InDesign® CS6
Adobe® InDesign® CS6 software is a professional page layout application that gives you pixel-perfect control over design and typography. Create elegant and engaging pages with features including Live Preflight, comprehensive styles, and sophisticated text-handling capabilities. New tools make adapting layouts for myriad printed page and screen sizes more efficient. Integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite* to publish InDesign layouts as tablet applications.
Publishing for digital devices
Design compelling eBooks, create cutting-edge content for tablets that can be distributed by integrating with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite*, and export interactive layouts as SWF or PDF files.
Design stunning documents and print directly or as PDF files to desktop or professional printers. Work efficiently with linked content, Content Collector tools, and more.
Integration with other Adobe solutions
Move smoothly from design to output, thanks to tight integration with industry-leading Adobe software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Flash Professional.
Preflight and production tools
Speed up production and help reduce errors with live preflighting, document-installed, document-installed fonts, background PDF file export, JDF technology, and PDF/X export.
Produce sophisticated page layouts with linked content, Alternate Layout, Content Collector tools, Smart Guides, rapid table creation, and on-object controls.
Robust text composition
Create beautiful, sophisticated text with styles, text wrap, the Paragraph Composer, OpenType® support, drop caps, and style mapping for EPUB export.
Built-in creative tools
Explore creatively with integrated drawing tools, nondestructive effects, built-in Photoshop effects, fine transparency controls, and support for 3D Photoshop artwork.
Create powerful automated workflows using standards-based XML features to lay out pages with text and images. Incorporate database-driven content to publish across channels.
Design for custom publishing using InDesign Markup Language (IDML), an XML-based file format that enables developers to create or modify files using standard XML tools.
Collaboration in editorial workflows
Improve collaboration between design and editorial teams with tight integration between InDesign and Adobe InCopy® software.
- Publishing for digital devices
- Print publishing
- Integration with other Adobe solutions
- Preflight and production tools
- Productivity tools
- Robust text composition
- Built-in creative tools
- Collaboration in editorial workflows
- Access to Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
- Liquid layout
- Export to Flash Professional
- Enhanced eBook authoring
- Embedded video and audio eBooks
- Articles panel controls the sequence of text images and graphics
- Styles mapped to tags in EPUB export
- Dynamic image resizing
Did you notice?Integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite* to publish InDesign layouts as tablet applications.
Apple Recommends ForDesigners and publishers who work for magazines, design firms, advertising agencies, and retail/catalog companies, as well as in corporate design, commercial printing, and other leading-edge publishing environments.
What's in the Box?
- Adobe InDesign CS6
- Internet Access: Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media: DVD
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 through v10.8
- 2.6GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- Broadband Internet connection required for online services
- 1024 by 768 display resolution (1280 by 800 recommended)
- 16-bit video card
- DVD-ROM drive
- Adobe Flash Player 10 software required to export SWF files
- Mfr. Part Number: 65161186
- UPC or EAN No.: 883919232423
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- * A Digital Publishing Suite account is required to access certain features and services that integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will Adobe InDesign CS6 work on the latest Mac Version CS10.9.2?
- Asked by Rose S from Ssf
- Jan 30, 2014
can I use adobe indesign on macbook air?
- Asked by Jonas H from Key Biscayne
- May 6, 2013
yeah! I installed cs6 ste and everything runs great, and my favorite part about the air is that all yeah! I installed cs6 ste and everything runs great, and my favorite part about the air is that all applications including ID launch faster. about 8 sec for me. go for it it works great. …
- Answered by Jennifer S from Joliet
- Jul 7, 2013