Blackmagic UltraStudio 3D is one of the most innovative video capture and playback devices using lightning-fast Thunderbolt technology. It's compact, portable, and affordable, yet it delivers high-performance for SD, HD, or 2K capture and playback demanded by film, broadcast television, and post-production users. UltraStudio 3D even supports two streams of full-resolution video up to 1080p HD for new stereoscopic 3D workflows.
Built on revolutionary Thunderbolt technology, UltraStudio 3D has a blazingly fast 10 Gbit/s connection that's up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0. That’s enough bandwidth for 2K RGB capture and playback. Thunderbolt also brings low latency and highly accurate time synchronization, so UltraStudio 3D is perfect for demanding stereoscopic 3D workflows.
- Blazing Thunderbolt speeds for full-resolution real-time dual-stream 3D capture and playback
- Dual link SDI/HD-SDI and 3 Gbit/s SDI input and output connection for decks, routers, and cameras to capture 10-bit video in SD or HD
- HDMI 1.4a input and output connections for superior quality, even in full resolution 3D
- Extra connections for analog component/s-video and composite, analog audio, genlock, AES/EBU audio, RS-422 deck control, and more
- Standard 12V power supply with international adapters for connection to all power outlets
Did you notice?Supports two streams of full-resolution 1080p HD video for stereoscopic 3D workflows.
Apple Recommends ForWorkstation-class video capture and playback performance conveniently on your MacBook Pro.
What's in the Box?
- Blackmagic UltraStudio 3D
- International power supply
- Analog breakout cable
- Connections: Mini DisplayPort,HDMI port
- Mfr. Part Number: BDLKULSR3D
- UPC or EAN No.: 9338716001228
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- For full system requirements, please check the Blackmagic Design Support pages at www.blackmagic-design.com.
Ratings & Reviews
Very worth buying and I am very happy
I am a professional Digital Imaging Technician on many commercials. The Ultra 3D has paid for itself after two jobs. I use four di I am a professional Digital Imaging Technician on many commercials. The Ultra 3D has paid for itself after two jobs. I use four different softwares to capture video from my Ultra Studio. I do not use the Blackmagic software to capture, although I have tested it and it does the job. As far as a delay, I have not had that problem yet. The unit is of great quality, affordable, portable and it serves its purpose perfectly. My unit has been on dozens of commercials with no problems at all. My only complaint is that the unit does get hot to the touch. …
- Written by fabricio D from los angeles
70 of 76 people found this useful
ATTENTION MEDIA COMPOSER USERS!!!
This product has some inherent limitations, not the least of which is its inability to record analog audio without a video signal This product has some inherent limitations, not the least of which is its inability to record analog audio without a video signal present. Most professional editors require the ability to record temp VO from time to time. Not only does Media Composer not support that option with this interface but it wouldn't work even if they did. The hdmi playback is nice but delayed and the need to capture everything via blackmagic's capture software and then transfer to Avid is ludicrous. …
- Written by JAYSON B from LONG BEACH
146 of 171 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do you carry any tv adapter for wireless display of mac similar to D-link DHD-131 for intel wireless display, NETGEAR Push2TV(PTV2000), BELKIN ScreenC
- Asked by Mateo Glenito A from Mandaue City
- Jun 3, 2012
AppleTV 2nd generation (discontinued) or 3rd generation (current model) support AirPlay Mirroring fr AppleTV 2nd generation (discontinued) or 3rd generation (current model) support AirPlay Mirroring from Macs with 2nd or 3rd generation Intel processors and iOS devices with A5 or A6 SoCs. …
- Answered by Bill Y
- Nov 1, 2012
Is this compatible with Final Cut Pro
- Asked by Geoffrey L from Dallas
- Dec 30, 2011
Copy from the webpage of Black Magic Desing::
"UltraStudio 3D works with the software you love to Copy from the webpage of Black Magic Desing::
"UltraStudio 3D works with the software you love to use! Use QuickTime™ software, or the World’s most popular editing software such as Media Composer 6™, Final Cut Pro™ and Premiere Pro™! You also get Photoshop™ plug-ins to grab and output frames, plus real time preview in After Effects™ and Nuke™. No other capture and playback solution works with more software on Mac OS X, so you have the freedom to work with your favorite tools!"
Its doesn't work with multi-camera, only with one in multi-angle. …
- Answered by Hairo V from Los Angeles
- Feb 8, 2012