Similar questions from the community
can i import CD's to iTunes on my macbook air using this USB superdrive?
i used to use my old laptop with a CD drive to put music on my iphone by ripping the CD's to my iTunes unless i was buying music of it. but with my macbook air i can't do that so i was wondering if i could use the USB superdrive to import my CD's to my iTunes on my macbook air? because I'm not going to waste money on buying the music off iTunes that i already have on CD's
- Asked by Nichola K
- May 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i import CD's to iTunes on my macbook air using this USB superdrive?)
Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with my 2009 macbook air?
I have a macbook air mid 2009 and i need a exturnal cd-rom, if i can't get one ill need to sell it and get an other one.
- Asked by Cory K from Auburn
- Sep 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with my 2009 macbook air?)
Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?
for example burn a CD on itunes using one and burn a DVD at the same time with toast using the other....
Or even better do apple have plans on bringing out a multi-disc burner?
- Asked by Nathan L
- Aug 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?)
No answers yet
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Oct 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?
I want to make a backup of everything on my computer. Do I need to purchase something else or will the USB Superdrive work? If not, is it just for watching dvd's, listening to cd's and backing up individual files?
- Asked by Linda G from Tulsa
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?)
Will the USB SuperDrive work with when hooked up to a USB hub?
I have many usb items that I need to use with my MacBook Air, so is it possible to use the SuperDrive while plugged into a hub or does it have to be connected directly to the MacBook?
- Asked by Peter P from West Seneca
- Aug 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the USB SuperDrive work with when hooked up to a USB hub?)
I am confused between Apple USB superdrive and the Macbook Air superdrive MBAC
- Asked by Dinah E from Baybay Leyte
- Aug 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am confused between Apple USB superdrive and the Macbook Air superdrive MBAC)
Can I use the Apple USB SuperDrive to upload photos to IMovie?
I need a drive to upload photos provided to me by parents for a school event.
I have a MacBook Air.
- Asked by Kathleen S from Largo
- Aug 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple USB SuperDrive to upload photos to IMovie?)
Can we insert small CD into USB SuperDrive?
I have Small CD that is normally coming with mobile having the software. I want to use this small size CD through USB SuperDrive. So is it possible to insert small size CD into USB SuperDrive?
- Asked by Azmat A
- Nov 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we insert small CD into USB SuperDrive?)
No answers yet
will a usb superdrive connected to a Macbook air play a dvd on an apple tv
MacBook Air 2012 OSX 10.9
- Asked by Dale R from Ashland
- Nov 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will a usb superdrive connected to a Macbook air play a dvd on an apple tv)
music/audio cd on superdrive
planning to purchase the superdrive. can it burn audio cd's? and what program do i use to burn my mp3s to audio cd's? itunes sufficient?
- Asked by Edward Jonathan C from Pattaya
- Dec 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (music/audio cd on superdrive)
Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- Nov 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
Does the usb superdrive dvd and cd connect to my apple tv
Im thinking of buying the apple tv, could i put the usb superdive into my apple tv so i can watch dvds????
- Asked by Emma Ffion A
- Aug 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the usb superdrive dvd and cd connect to my apple tv)
Superdrive for white MacBook that I bought in '07?
Is there a superdrive or an external cd drive that I can use with this laptop? My cd drive broke awhile back.
- Asked by Caitlin S from St. Augustine
- Feb 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Superdrive for white MacBook that I bought in '07?)
Can you have more than one Apple USB SuperDrive in operation at the same time on a Macbook 15" Retina?
I have a late 2013 Macbook Retina 15" 2.3 GHz i7 and was wondering about purchasing two Apple USB SuperDrives, i.e. one for each USB port. I have a number of DVDs I want to add to my hand-coded media entertainment app and running two drives simultaneously would make the import process much quicker.
My assumption would be that you can, but any info from others would be much appreciated.
Want to create a wireless network, therefore, I would like to somehow plug the superdrive to a usb hub that can be reached wirelessly. Can it be done?
My thing is to create a wireless network where I can plug all the devices such as printer, superdrive, external hard drive to a hub that can be accessed wirelessly....so far I know that my printer can be thru the Airport express, however, I dont know if it can be done with the superdrive and the ext Hard drive. It would be so cool and super easy if this can be done so I can just roam around my house with my Macbook air, sit and work on my mac mini and just lets say play a movie thru mirroring on apple TV by wirelessly using the superdrive instead of having to plug it to the macs...am I too far advenced for this technology or is this just wishful thinking....???
- Asked by Michelle F from Chicago
- Aug 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Want to create a wireless network, therefore, I would like to somehow plug the superdrive to a usb hub that can be reached wirelessly. Can it be done?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- Nov 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)